Become a Patron!

On the go mod, mech or regulated?

blakemorder

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm looking for something cheap and pocket friendly as I only own an MVP pro (big) and a mech box (bigger).I'm looking for something I can tuck in my pocket and not worry about all day with an rda on top. I'm open to ideas, currently looking at smpl clones or an evic vt mini sized mod.

Sent from my XT1095 using Tapatalk

Discobob

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The I just2 has been working wonderful for my buddy with a lush rda, around 30ish bucks or so.

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Loving my IPV d2 for a compact pocket friendly box. I personally wouldn't pocket an unlocked hybrid mech, but I did carry a Nemesis for a long time (and my nemmy has the battle scars to prove it).

fat fingered flubs courtesy dumb mobile phone

blakemorder

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Loving my IPV d2 for a compact pocket friendly box. I personally wouldn't pocket an unlocked hybrid mech, but I did carry a Nemesis for a long time (and my nemmy has the battle scars to prove it).

I'm not a fan of the hybrid top caps although I could live with it but a lock is kind of important. Any non hybrid options that are compact? I should mention if regulated I'm looking to try temp control since its so plentiful now.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

This seems to be the on the go choice for a few folks I know, They now have a D3 which I am looking at for my next buy. May get it from here if there's a coupon code....LOL http://www.wakeandvape.com/ipv-d3-80w-tc-box-mod/

BenJammin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm looking for something cheap and pocket friendly as I only own an MVP pro (big) and a mech box (bigger).I'm looking for something I can tuck in my pocket and not worry about all day with an rda on top. I'm open to ideas, currently looking at smpl clones or an evic vt mini sized mod.

I'm looking to sell my D2 if you're interested in going that route!

Edit: it would come with original black sleeve (I believe I have it somewhere), a black/green sleeve, original box, charging cable, and proof of authenticity

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm not a fan of the hybrid top caps although I could live with it but a lock is kind of important. Any non hybrid options that are compact? I should mention if regulated I'm looking to try temp control since its so plentiful now.

I'm still gonna go with the D2 or D3 for compact, pocketable TC regulated...can't really say on the mechs, to me an extra 10 mm in height for a 510 pin and lock ring was never a deal breaker...

blakemorder

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The d3 looks pretty nice, I'd like to wait a little go see if it has any teething problems though. 10mm isn't really a huge issue I'm just looking to go as simple and compact as possible while staying 18650

BadLuckAndTrouble

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Idk, I carried a D2 forever, tough little bastard and a great vape.

But I honestly believe the VTC is a better value. Usually found at 40$ or less, 75w, TC with SS, Ti, Ni200 and now the TCR is adjustable on the mod.
Great screen, good battery door, smooth ass finish. Now in a bunch of colors too.

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

But I honestly believe the VTC is a better value. Usually found at 40$ or less, 75w, TC with SS, Ti, Ni200 and now the TCR is adjustable on the mod.
Great screen, good battery door, smooth ass finish. Now in a bunch of colors too.
Not a bad suggestion either - I've got no personal experience with the VTC, but hear lots of good things...biggest gripe for me about the D2 is battery life and the proprietary passthrough rather than a standard micro-USB you could charge just about anywhere in a pinch.

blakemorder

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years

I bought my gf one for Christmas and I love it, I'm constantly playing with it. The ss tc does work too which I'm big on. I might have to buy one lol over the d3. Just weighing the options since I know the original evic kind of sucked.

BadLuckAndTrouble

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I bought my gf one for Christmas and I love it, I'm constantly playing with it. The ss tc does work too which I'm big on. I might have to buy one lol over the d3. Just weighing the options since I know the original evic kind of sucked.

The OG eVic VT is not anywhere near the VTC in any aspect besides paint. They had such sweet fucking paint.
I would buy a VTC in that Grabber Orange in a heart beat. Probably multiples to put up as well for the Vapeocalypse haha.

Also the VTC has BOTH, Buck and Boost, that way you can vape below the voltage of the battery and not just above it.

martinelias

Silver Contributor
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Only mech ive pocketed with no locked ring was the flagship mod cause it doesnt have a lock but its a real hard throw so it was nevr a problem.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors