Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
If you're not here
And I'm not there,
Maybe none of us are anywhere,
Which likely means I am having a bad dream
Not sitting in front of this stupid computer, or so it would seem.
So I should now go take a piss then get my ass back in bed
Before I truly lose my head.

( It's too late to write really good poetry. Try me tomorrow.)
:crazy:

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
58qK5Kd.png

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Whats happening?
Ummmm... let's see.... It only got up to 55 today with lots of wind and it has been raining for several days, making the corral be ankle deep in mud ad the grass is getting tall, but I can't mow it yet because it's too damn wet,, so... SSDD for Spring. Nothing new and exciting...

Oh, wait. 13 new baby feral kittens. We know the mother of 4 of them, but no clue who the others belong to. They just showed up in the garage and they are all between 6 and 8 weeks old. Most of them relocated themselves to a brush pile (probably didn't like those 40 fucking screaming chickens in the garage, none of whom should be in there), so there are only two kittens still hanging on and calling the garage home, probably because they like the snuggles I give them (yes, I am a sucker for kitties).

2WhiteWolves

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Oh, wait. 13 new baby feral kittens. We know the mother of 4 of them, but no clue who the others belong to. They just showed up in the garage and they are all between 6 and 8 weeks old. Most of them relocated themselves to a brush pile (probably didn't like those 40 fucking screaming chickens in the garage, none of whom should be in there), so there are only two kittens still hanging on and calling the garage home, probably because they like the snuggles I give them (yes, I am a sucker for kitties).
:teehee: :sneaka: :teehee:
4f1bd581e083f2032bc2e3cf3818a7f8.gif

Sent from....Somewhere on Tapatalk

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Seems there is always a bug in the system somewhere, but luckily the dogs and cats here get along just fine; it's those damn chickens that piss off the cats. They walk right in and take their food, so when feeding those who cannot fend them off, I have to sit in the garage shooshing away cluckers until the cats are done eating.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
While I doubt there will be any replies this time of night, I thought I should post (before I forget) that yesterday's forecast of 25 mph wind didn't happen. It was 10-15 max. But today, all damn day long, it was 35-40 mph with gusts well in excess of 50 mph (I'm guessing we hit 60 a couple times). Although the high temperature was 69 ºF -- and this is major silliness -- that 60 mph only reduces the felt temperature by 6 ºF (i.e., chill factor = 63 ºF). But, because every step I took outside, I was convinced I would soon land in North Dakota (the wind was coming from Nebraska today - either Nebraska blows or North Dakota sucks :) ), so I worked in the garage for awhile trying to clean up part of the devastation made by shitty chickens. That might be a very long and very dirty job....

Don29palms

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
While I doubt there will be any replies this time of night, I thought I should post (before I forget) that yesterday's forecast of 25 mph wind didn't happen. It was 10-15 max. But today, all damn day long, it was 35-40 mph with gusts well in excess of 50 mph (I'm guessing we hit 60 a couple times). Although the high temperature was 69 ºF -- and this is major silliness -- that 60 mph only reduces the felt temperature by 6 ºF (i.e., chill factor = 63 ºF). But, because every step I took outside, I was convinced I would soon land in North Dakota (the wind was coming from Nebraska today - either Nebraska blows or North Dakota sucks :) ), so I worked in the garage for awhile trying to clean up part of the devastation made by shitty chickens. That might be a very long and very dirty job....
Chickens are so nasty to raise but they taste so good.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Nothing new there......:gaah::cuss2::gaah:

Was below 90 here today, I was shocked.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Just realized my refrigerator shit the bed this evening. Didn't have time to hit home depot or lowes before they closed. I assume I'll have a fucking mess in there tomorrow morning. Don't have any place I can put the 150 bucks worth of food I bought on the way home from work this afternoon.

If I didn't have bad luck, I'd have no luck a'tall.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
my refrigerator shit the bed this evening. Didn't have time to hit home depot or lowes before they closed. I assume I'll have a fucking mess in there tomorrow morning. Don't have any place I can put the 150 bucks worth of food I bought on the way home from work this afternoon.
If you don't open it at all, the food should be good for at least a day.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
What did you get accomplished today in the heatwave?.....those pots all drilled out for Lannie?
No pots drilled yet. I raked some rocks and dug more chicken shit and other garbage out of the garage, then, because all this damn wind has had a great drying effect on the grass, I managed to mow the dog yard.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
No pots drilled yet. I raked some rocks and dug more chicken shit and other garbage out of the garage, then, because all this damn wind has had a great drying effect on the grass, I managed to mow the dog yard.
Prolly no rush on the pots, with the global cooling you may still get some snow.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Prolly no rush on the pots, with the global cooling you may still get some snow.
I think the snow is done for this year (at least I hope so), but the pots couldn't be used yet anyway. I have to mow the garden, pull lots of weeds and move them to the burn pile, then get Bob to move a few tons of shit from the compost pile into the garden to put in those pots.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I think the snow is done for this year (at least I hope so), but the pots couldn't be used yet anyway. I have to mow the garden, pull lots of weeds and move them to the burn pile, then get Bob to move a few tons of shit from the compost pile into the garden to put in those pots.
Sounds like another "massive" endeavor.......:devil:

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Sorry I wasn't here last night. I worked too hard and was absolutely wasted by day's end, so after Lannie crashed and I did the dinner dishes, I plopped down in front of the boob tube (9000th rerun of Mummy II) and snugged some kitties and woke up at 1:15 AM. I assumed no one would still be on here, so I just undressed and got in bed.
Looks like you (may) have some warm days ahead........:vino:

The projected thunderstorms for last night did not happen, so I guess the "warm" (79.5 yesterday) will persist and I will mow a bunch today. Hopefully, just sitting on the mower won't tax this old man too much. :rolleyes:

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
It's warm here today. 92° right now. Going to be busy this weekend. I have to pull the gas tank out of my wife's car to replace 1 small vacuum line. What a PITA.
That would prolly be a $1,000.00+ job at a garage. It's good your able to get it done, hopefully in an air conditioned garage......:sad:

Or you have a portable Swamp Cooler.

VU Sponsors