Become a Patron!

Old Pharts Club

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Oh, I forgot it is now freeway all the way. Back when I was there, I think the freeway petered out at Tucson and it was secondary roads on into Tombstone. But that was... um, back when Christ was a corporal.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Damn, looks like a cold sob this week on the prairie

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Well, we got all the way up to 21 today, so while I ran bob around moving snow, it took twice as long to freeze my balls off as it did just a couple days ago.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Taro Pharmaceuticals U.S.A., Inc. Issues Voluntary Nationwide Recall of Lamotrigine Tablets USP, 100 mg, 100 Count Bottles

January 10, 2020 -- Taro Pharmaceuticals U.S.A., Inc. (“Taro” or the “Company”) is voluntarily recalling one (1) lot of Lamotrigine 100 mg Tablets, Lot # 331771 (expiration date June 2021) in 100 count bottles, NDC 51672-4131-1 to the consumer level. This single lot of Lamotrigine 100 mg Tablets Lot #331771 (expiration date June 2021) was found to have been cross-contaminated with a small amount of another drug substance (Enalapril Maleate) used to manufacture another product at the same facility.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Was watching a video this evening, altho many drugs are made in the USA, MOST originate from China, then big pharma puts the poison together when all the ingreds arrive in the states.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
And quite often, as shown in many of these alerts, no one tests to see if the ingredients are safe or even if they are using the right combination of ingredients (such as the above).

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
And quite often, as shown in many of these alerts, no one tests to see if the ingredients are safe or even if they are using the right combination of ingredients (such as the above).
Hard to believe the gov allows this to happen....perhaps trump will turn things around by 2024...

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I'd love for that to be true, but reality sucks. He is too busy with the big picture to work on little details, so he hands that off to staff to fix and, sadly, THEY are still Washington politicians. It really doesn't make any difference which side of the aisle they are on, they have all been bought off.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'd love for that to be true, but reality sucks. He is too busy with the big picture to work on little details, so he hands that off to staff to fix and, sadly, THEY are still Washington politicians. It really doesn't make any difference which side of the aisle they are on, they have all been bought off.
Exactly...hopefully he won't have such a full plate, but I doubt it

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
If he starts fixing things at less than the astronomical rate he currently works at, people will start calling him a slacker. :oops:

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
this IS the definition of winter........
This morning's forecast: Light patchy fog, clearing by 9 AM, then sunny.
Reality: Dense freezing fog all day. Not patchy (I drove 55 miles in it and the visibility never got over 200 yards). IT NEVER CLEARED OFF!! And now it is snowing.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Get that gurl back home from duh stud?
No, we are going over Wednesday to get her. The scratch-off patch Lannie stuck on her butt never got rubbed off, so the bull didn't even mount her, which means she did not come into heat, so obviously she was already pregnant from when we took her over there about 6 weeks ago, but her false heat made us think she wasn't, so she has been over there a week for nothing.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
What did you have to drive for in that shitty weather?

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Cracked corn for the chickens. The oats alone don't have enough protein for this cold weather. It is only +1 out there right now, so -7 or worse is likely tonight.

Lannie

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
'Scuse me while I pick a nit. ;) The corn actually has about 10% protein, and oats have 12%, BUT the corn has way more carbs and calories, so it's a better cold weather food for da chikins. It gives them a little extra heat for their furnace. :)

That's your grain lesson for today. :blah: Like anybody cares...

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
She is absolutely right, of course, and the silly part is that I knew this, but... At the same time I bought the cracked corn (because the chickens like it better than the oats and will gobble it up and they need the heat created by those carbs), I also bought a bag of new cat food (my experimental effort to help the garage cats through the cold). The new cat food is 31.5% protein, which comes from the first ingredient: chicken byproduct (you know, guts and their contents - chicken shit). That cat food also has a lot of corn. Quite often, the chickens in the garage jump up on the table where the cats eat and clean out their food bowls. So, mix all those up and even though I was talking about corn for chickens, I was thinking about the protein for cats (chickens are also getting some), so late at night, this old phart had his head up his ass and said it all wrong. That's my excuse and it is sticking to me... :rolleyes: We now return you to your regularly scheduled programming (which is nothing until Dale shows up tonight). :)

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Long day today....spected a medical building, just finished working so I could go prospecting tomorrow, since it's supposed to be about 70 and partly cloudy, which is great walking and climbing weather.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Wish I was going with you instead of being here fighting snow and cold. Hey, want some forecaster humor? This morning, the weather guessers said our high temperature today would be +9. No way in hell was it going to get there. Lannie checked the forecast several times during the day and each time they had a different high for us. It went from +9 to +6 to +5 to +2, by which time max heating for the day was already past. Our high was --1.1 and out of all their attemps to get it right, they still didn't even get close. It is --5 right now and I am hoping it doesn't continue on down too far...

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Wish I was going with you instead of being here fighting snow and cold. Hey, want some forecaster humor? This morning, the weather guessers said our high temperature today would be +9. No way in hell was it going to get there. Lannie checked the forecast several times during the day and each time they had a different high for us. It went from +9 to +6 to +5 to +2, by which time max heating for the day was already past. Our high was --1.1 and out of all their attemps to get it right, they still didn't even get close. It is --5 right now and I am hoping it doesn't continue on down too far...
Damn, that is nippy...and hard on the animals....including you....:)

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I looked a few hours ago...said it was +10 in Faith....but we both know that's not correct

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Maybe someone is pissing on their thermometer? Hell, if you tried that here, all you'd get is a stream of tiny yellow ice cubes.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Looks like a small repreve for you Thurs & Fri....then it's downhill again. Believe ours goes downhill the same time.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Looks like a small reprieve for you Thurs & Fri.

Not sure I trust them. A couple days ago, tomorrow was supposed to be 20s and sunny. Now it is no warmer than right now and 1-3" of snow. I guess we will not be going to get the cow tomorrow.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Not sure I trust them. A couple days ago, tomorrow was supposed to be 20s and sunny. Now it is no warmer than right now and 1-3" of snow. I guess we will not be going to get the cow tomorrow.
More snow today, or last night?

It was cloudy all day here, high cirrus, but the temp wasn't bad, I'd take that 60's shit 365

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Talked to Eli this evening, said it's been in the 80's the last few days....with NO clouds....which is really odd.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
It is snowing right now and likely will continue into tomorrow.
The guess didn't say that...."Partly Cloudy"....but it can snow like hell when it's partly cloudy in one location, and a couple miles down the road is "Mostly Cloudy"

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
The guess didn't say that...."Partly Cloudy"....but it can snow like hell when it's partly cloudy in one location, and a couple miles down the road is "Mostly Cloudy"
Perzactly. Remember that even though our address is Faith, Faith is 27.5 miles east of here and all those forecasts are for Faith, not us.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I could see a big difference in a couple hundred miles, but less than 50?........:oops:

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Well, there are several small ridge lines between here and there and they are several hundred feet in altitude lower than us, so air circulation is totally different between the two places.

VU Sponsors