Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
551caae21ec99c1efe5315b5d4ec1fb2.jpg

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
No rain here today, so I did laundry.
No rain here either, so right after breakfast, I drove to Faith (27 miles east of here) to get a license tag at DMV, drop off a UPS package, buy some milk (cow is dry), and fill three 5-gallon cans with gas, then home to tag the small trailer, hook it up to the truck, and load the Troy-Bilt riding mower, then drive to Belle Fourche (75 miles west of here), demonstrated how badly it was running, then unload it so they could work on it, at which point it started running perfectly (something about the six inch drop off the back of the trailer fixed it?). I left it with them anyway and bought a new CubCadet (about a thousand dollars a month for the rest of my life), loaded that on the trailer and came home to eat left-over pizza for dinner and do chores. I think I would rather have done my laundry. o_O

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
No rain here either, so right after breakfast, I drove to Faith (27 miles east of here) to get a license tag at DMV, drop off a UPS package, buy some milk (cow is dry), and fill three 5-gallon cans with gas, then home to tag the small trailer, hook it up to the truck, and load the Troy-Bilt riding mower, then drive to Belle Fourche (75 miles west of here), demonstrated how badly it was running, then unload it so they could work on it, at which point it started running perfectly (something about the six inch drop off the back of the trailer fixed it?). I left it with them anyway and bought a new CubCadet (about a thousand dollars a month for the rest of my life), loaded that on the trailer and came home to eat left-over pizza for dinner and do chores. I think I would rather have done my laundry. o_O
Tomorrow, I have to sand down an antique bed my mother bought this past weekend. That ought to take just about the whole day, or longer.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Nothing like having a "spare mower"......:)

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Cub Cadets made in China....not that it matters, I think all are, but I could be wrong

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Cub Cadets made in China....not that it matters, I think all are, but I could be wrong
I have been checking this. Some cubs are made here (mine says "assembled in USA from US and Global components"). Husqvarna, a Swedish company, is building riding mowers in Virginia.

Last edited:

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Well, not all of us, but I was just popping back in to say "good night" to everyone too. So I guess you get to turn the lights off. :)

Lannie

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Perzactly. She don't do outside machinery. Oh, she could if she really wanted to (I know she could easily learn), but we all have our preferences. Her domain is inside and mine is outside.

What Rich doesn't say is that it would be EXTREMELY unwise to set me loose with anything that has a motor and can cut things. I can't be trusted with a sharp knife in the kitchen without cutting myself (no, unfortunately I am NOT kidding), so I have to struggle along with half-sharp knives or we'd soon run out of Band-Aids. The thought of me running a chainsaw or, God forbid, a riding mower, no doubt gives Rich the cold chills. So I take care of the animals and the inside stuff, and he takes care of the grass and wood cutting. It's safer for everyone that way. ;)

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yet another government coverup?

LAKE WORTH, Fla. (AP) - Residents of a Florida city who received alerts about a power outage were also warned to look out for zombies. That's right - zombies.

The Palm Beach Post reports that Lake Worth residents received the message during a power outage Sunday.

The alert warned that more than 7,000 customers lost power "due to extreme zombie activity."

City spokesman Ben Kerr later posted a Facebook message saying officials were investigating the bogus alert and that he wanted to "reiterate that Lake Worth does not have any zombie activity currently."

Kerr says 7,880 customers lost power, but it was restored within 30 minutes. He did not mention what really caused the outage.

I liked the "currently' part. I guess that the zombie activity had died down by the time he posted that FB message?

Last edited:

choderfett

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What Rich doesn't say is that it would be EXTREMELY unwise to set me loose with anything that has a motor and can cut things. I can't be trusted with a sharp knife in the kitchen without cutting myself (no, unfortunately I am NOT kidding), so I have to struggle along with half-sharp knives or we'd soon run out of Band-Aids. The thought of me running a chainsaw or, God forbid, a riding mower, no doubt gives Rich the cold chills. So I take care of the animals and the inside stuff, and he takes care of the grass and wood cutting. It's safer for everyone that way. ;)

@Draconigena
Always keep Safety First!

choderfett

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hi Lannie, with me is just the opposite, i get cut with the duller knives trying to force them through things

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
@Draconigena
Always keep Safety First!
That goes without saying, Eric. But Lannie is a high IQ type who, I my opinion, can do anything she sets her mind to. She just doesn't want to play with power tools and her comment about kitchen knives is because she always is in a hurry. In all our years together, I have never been able to get the redhead to slow down. Come to think of it, I have learned to stay out of the kitchen whenever I see a knife in her hand. Beware redheads with knives. :D

VU Sponsors