Become a Patron!

OK torn.. help me choose.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
So I am in the market for a regulated device, just something about not being able to turn down the powa on a mosfet box does not appeal to me.

I have kind of narrowed it down to three or four choices I need the pros and cons.

SMY god 180s.
pros
180 watts upgraded to 220.
Big form factor. this is a + for me.
the upgrade can push .2 coil.

Cons
Triple batteries. cost wise is the wince part.

Sig 150.
Pros box form factor.
Can fire to .1
150 watts.
Cons.
no software upgrade.

T8.
cost.
box factor
150 watts upgradable to 165.

Cons.
kind of a known history of them shitting the bed.

the real unknown.
Kamry 200.
pros 200 watts.
Price.

Cons.
Lets be honest it is kind of fugly.
trip batteries,
Display in your face... hope it does not turn on when you fire it.
Not released yet.

Dan DePippo

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
My personal choice would be the god mod. I like the 3 batteries and the look. I also like the black one with the cross that FT has for 90 something. 2nd would be the 150 sig just because of the comp history of quality mods

moecat

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Questions for anyone: if a device can fire 100+ watts, what real improvement can a firmware upgrade provide? And have these upgrades actually proven to be successful?

@BigNasty ... my personal experience with the Cloupor T6 continues to be positive overall, and I actually had significant problems with the Sigelei 50w box's connector.

However, people's experiences with the Sigelei 100w seem to be generally positive since this device apparently addressed the 50 ' s issues. So based on this, you may have a smoother path in going with the Sigelei.

Wabah58

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Might consider a new Smaug box. Few of the engineers from sigeli that started thier own company. Dual 18650 box sx350 chip, 150 wat, USB charging and update port. Fatdaddy type 510 pad, with adjustable pin. button or gravity adjustable. Right now you can find them from anywhere from $80-$120

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
@wabah part of why I was debating the sig over that is the rubber sleeve. If you have a link for the smaug ill take a look.

Wabah58

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Most wont be getting thier shipments untill Friday, but this guy got a big shipment early so he is selling them high. He has a youtube video on that link. I been following this mod for a couple weeks. I didn't think this would come out as first described but it is as described. What attracted me to it was its dual battery size,, and the batteries being run in parallel for long battery life and i guess that chip is stepping up to get 150 watts in parallel. I just hate changing batteries all the time and like 150 watts available with USB charge, and update port. For me it hit all the points. Might not be a factor for you.

Fuck the site is still fucking up ebay links.

Ebay "Smaug" then click consumer electronics, you will get some info.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
BAh why put out something as kick ass as a sexy looking mod with kick ass wattage to just turn around and limit it.. part of the reason I want the mod is push my lower stuff without as much worry of strain on the batteries.
FFS my current mech mod atty is rocking .20 dual parallels.

It is the .3 limit that killed the interest in it.. same as the 180 being .5 but the 180s is .2

galsvapetoo

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Sig 150 I've vapees off of one and I loved it so I will eventually hopefully within the next week buying the Sig 100

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Might consider a new Smaug box. Few of the engineers from sigeli that started thier own company. Dual 18650 box sx350 chip, 150 wat, USB charging and update port. Fatdaddy type 510 pad, with adjustable pin. button or gravity adjustable. Right now you can find them from anywhere from $80-$120

I've been eyeing the hell out of the Smaug. I want one, but not at the well over 100 buck prices I have seen on Ebay.

Get them at 80 and I would buy one in a heartbeat. Who would have them at that price?

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
I really like the Sigelei brand as they have been around for a bit and have a solid reputation.

I am vaping on the 100 watt as I write this and I love the sucker. I have the silver one and my only complaint is that the finish is a crud magnet. Not just finger prints but if there is any tiny bit of dirt/contaminant/crud/filth in the immediate area it is drawn to the finish like a freaking magnet. Hence the need to spend another $13.50 for a Jwrap.

God mod? I have heard from friends that have them that the build quality is not the greatest. Batteries can come in contact with some actual contacts and it is not properly vented. Three batteries and no venting = nothing good that I can think of.

T-8? Up and coming company that has had software glitches on a grand scale. The upside is that they take care of their customers when the vape hits the fan.

The Smaug Box that Wabah58 mentioned looks good but somewhat unknown. Me, I am wary of the built in "Gravity" control system. I do realize that it has the standard +/- controls but the addition of the gravity controls to the package in my little pea brain also adds something that can go wrong in the future. And folks that use that method of adjustment look like they are having some kind of seizure when they are adjusting the output.

darkox

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'd have to say Sigelei 150, I just got one and while its my first box mod I love it. It has plenty of power at least for me and I really like the rubber case thing it comes with, it really makes it feel secure when holding it since it almost sticks to your hand. I also like that it goes down to .1 since I run 22g Ni at .15, it would've been nice if the reader went down to hundredths like the ipv3 but not too big a deal.

Mr Bungle

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
That Smaug box looks sweet! And 2-yr warranty? That's overkill for my daily needs and not very stealthy, but looks like a decent bang for the buck. I like how they emphasize " Sigelei prod. manager & designer"

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Like UncleRJ I am a Sigelei fan myself. I do want that Smaug box though. It is just sexy imo. I'm just not gonna pay more for it than I will another Sig.

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
No love for the IPV3? I've been nothing but pleased, and I haven't even done the firmware upgrade, yet. Only downside is screws for the battery door, but most of us have a million little blue screwdrivers around, so it's not a big deal. I'd at least give it a look.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I believe it's a SX330 Board...

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No love for the IPV3? I've been nothing but pleased, and I haven't even done the firmware upgrade, yet. Only downside is screws for the battery door, but most of us have a million little blue screwdrivers around, so it's not a big deal. I'd at least give it a look.
It's true.
When i was a smoker i used to have many lighters all over the place, now they are replaced by little blue screwdrivers:)

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
It's true.
When i was a smoker i used to have many lighters all over the place, now they are replaced by little blue screwdrivers:)
Fuck every other pack or so I would pick up a lighter, have my zippo that I carried for nearly 15 years daily, but still got bics.
Must have about 150 of them still but ill be damned if I can find one when I want to spark up a candle or incense stick.

@UncleRJ why I was looking at the 180s which is not the 180, upgraded wattage and lower ohm cut off with vents on the bottom.. Origen had them as the updated.

Wabah58

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've been eyeing the hell out of the Smaug. I want one, but not at the well over 100 buck prices I have seen on Ebay.

Get them at 80 and I would buy one in a heartbeat. Who would have them at that price?

Myninjavapor had them listed last week for $79, but they must have raised thier price, now they have for $105

Wabah58

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think I need to see more live pics/videos of the mod. Some are showing with batteries in parallel, some pics are showing it in series. Still some other things that will have to be confirmed from multiple shipments. The only video I seen on it, shows bats in parallel, but the reviewer seems a little low on knowledge of the box IMO. He is selling them for $119.00 on ebay. He doesnt check he true out put on the vid :(
SMAUG_3__37982.1417850717.1280.1280.png

Last edited:

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Fuck every other pack or so I would pick up a lighter, have my zippo that I carried for nearly 15 years daily, but still got bics.
Must have about 150 of them still but ill be damned if I can find one when I want to spark up a candle or incense stick.

@UncleRJ why I was looking at the 180s which is not the 180, upgraded wattage and lower ohm cut off with vents on the bottom.. Origen had them as the updated.

Mr. Nasty, you of all people should realize per our previous conversations that I am not quite right in the head and you listen to my drivel at your own risk!:D

I actually think there is something about me and that hiding in the VU bylaws:confused:

Steam Powered

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I own a 50, 100 and a 150 Sig so..yea, you know my recommendation. All 3 are flawless so far.
My Atlantis lives on the 50 all the time. Perfect set up for on the go daily vape.
You ain't lived till you put a 0.1 in something like a Dark Horse and pump the 150!
Poor ole 100 now sits a lot. Still works great but 150 gets the attention. Might sell th 100 to a bud that wants it.
Anyways for me, Sig all the way. They're solid and do what they're supposed to do everytime.
Probably gonna get the Sig mini 30 for my lady when they come out too.

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I own a 50, 100 and a 150 Sig so..yea, you know my recommendation. All 3 are flawless so far.
My Atlantis lives on the 50 all the time. Perfect set up for on the go daily vape.
You ain't lived till you put a 0.1 in something like a Dark Horse and pump the 150!
Poor ole 100 now sits a lot. Still works great but 150 gets the attention. Might sell th 100 to a bud that wants it.
Anyways for me, Sig all the way. They're solid and do what they're supposed to do everytime.
Probably gonna get the Sig mini 30 for my lady when they come out too.
Saw the mini 30 for pre order on ebay. Due to come in at the end of the month. Better price than the Cloupor too.

Steam Powered

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Saw the mini 30 for pre order on ebay. Due to come in at the end of the month. Better price than the Cloupor too.
Yea and it looks like a winner too. Cool that it can be switched to mech to fire super low builds.
I bet it['s gonna be a home run mod.

antonio

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hello vapers, i have a zna50 and i love it, has anyone seen the new innokin 50w box mod?

antonio

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Ok, what about the istick 30w?
I have the 20w wrks great but nothing under 1ohm.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
@antonio under 75 watts does not interest me in the slightest.
My coils go from .20-.65 depending on my mood.
I solely drip, wide bore full out on my mechs, that is just how I vape, it is what I enjoy. Granted I am going full on Tim Taylor here *insert grunting noise* but I like free choices not being limited on gear or settings.... but to be able to dial it back is what I do value.

antonio

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I totally understand u, did you check out the sxmini i think its a 100w.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Yes I did but form factor of being mini kills it on the list.

I am getting old the hands are starting to ache, so it is ache and vape or vape and go.

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Kinda like how when you buy a boat you always get an engine that has a horse power rating equal to the hull's max horse power limit. Everyone I've ever met that didn't max out their engine hp wishes they had. You can choose to use less than you have, can't choose to use more than you have.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Kinda like how when you buy a boat you always get an engine that has a horse power rating equal to the hull's max horse power limit. Everyone I've ever met that didn't max out their engine hp wishes they had. You can choose to use less than you have, can't choose to use more than you have.
Same with cars, women and life.

Rawmade

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
If you are set on the GOD180 form factor, at least get their newer box, the SMY 260, lots of places have em for 140ish, looks 1000 times better than the GOD.
The God looked and felt like garbage.

Citizen

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
If you are set on the GOD180 form factor, at least get their newer box, the SMY 260, lots of places have em for 140ish, looks 1000 times better than the GOD.
The God looked and felt like garbage.
Held the GOD that a friend had in my hands for about three seconds before utter dislike formed strongly. Ugly as hell, felt cheap. Bulky but not sturdy. Around a week into owning it it took a small drop and he was out $130. From my experience I would stay away from that.

Spinhat

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
i bought 2 IPV3's about a month ago, then I saw the 150w sig, now I own two of them and love them. The bigger fire button and is great.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
looks like my sig buy is going to go bye bye.
I need to use the money else where to assist with mom's cancer treatments and further testing.

Dissonance

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
So I am in the market for a regulated device, just something about not being able to turn down the powa on a mosfet box does not appeal to me.

I have kind of narrowed it down to three or four choices I need the pros and cons.

SMY god 180s.
pros
180 watts upgraded to 220.
Big form factor. this is a + for me.
the upgrade can push .2 coil.

Cons
Triple batteries. cost wise is the wince part.

Sig 150.
Pros box form factor.
Can fire to .1
150 watts.
Cons.
no software upgrade.

T8.
cost.
box factor
150 watts upgradable to 165.

Cons.
kind of a known history of them shitting the bed.

the real unknown.
Kamry 200.
pros 200 watts.
Price.

Cons.
Lets be honest it is kind of fugly.
trip batteries,
Display in your face... hope it does not turn on when you fire it.
Not released yet.

Well given your selection for high powered mods I would go with the God mod. It's a very popular high quality mod for people who want to experiment at high wattage output. I like the design, form factor and the assortment of positive features. Resistance all the way down to .3 ohms and meter to adjust to your topper.Temperature sensor and aluminum shell to prevent overheating and ability to switch off from two power modes. Just get yourself three high quality 18650 batteries and a good charger. You can get everything here for a good price and good service www.evape.us. I order from them all the time one of the best. You'll have to see if the SMY GOD is in stock on their site. Good luck.

VU Sponsors