Become a Patron!

Ohms too low - al85 - Druga RDA

I have been vaping for over 6 months now but have recently bought a new mod (AL85) and now an Druga RDA deck and has all been great, but, i bought some 0.2ohm prebuilt coils and thought i would try them out today, well i got an ohms too low message so i thought maybe i had screwed it up so i tried again.......same error......so i tried a single coil and i get the same thing. Help !!!!

This is the first build i have done and need some help.

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I have been vaping for over 6 months now but have recently bought a new mod (AL85) and now an Druga RDA deck and has all been great, but, i bought some 0.2ohm prebuilt coils and thought i would try them out today, well i got an ohms too low message so i thought maybe i had screwed it up so i tried again.......same error......so i tried a single coil and i get the same thing. Help !!!!

This is the first build i have done and need some help.

We can help! Pictures of your build would be good so we can see, though

eStorm

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reddit Exile
0.2 ohm as a single coil or does it read 0.2 as dual? Reason I'm asking, if its a pre made and states this resistance on the package, that mostly means single coil and every mod reads resistance differently, meaning that if 0.2 ohm were meant for the single, you would have to devide it by 2 for dual, and while the al85 can read as low as 0.1 in theory, you would get that error here in this case.

But I think its most likely a different issue, legs of the coils are in too tight, if your wire is thin/thinner you can cut the legs accidentally with the screws. Take them out and look if you have not pierced them. Or too lose, but you mentioned that this isn't the case here, therefore I ignore the it could be loose option lol.

Another issue, if one of the legs or wraps touches the post or cap, as well as each other, you'll get a ohm to low message or/and atomizer short/not found.

The third possibility, as you cut the wire, some fell inside the deck. Turn your deck around and shake it, or run under water making sure nothing is left behind that shouldn't be there in first place.

Check your 510, sometimes the all can't read crap, take a qtip and some alcohol and clean both connecters, one on the mod other on the RDA. Let dry and try again.

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Ah yeah, if those coils say they're 0.2 ohms each, when you use two you'll get 0.1 ohms, and they may be just under that. if you have any more of those prebuilt coils left, you could put them on a screwdriver and bend the legs to make an extra wrap for the coil, that'll raise the resistance up above 0.1 hopefully

Hi all, thanks for the info. I cant post a pic of my build as i have some other coils i have put in now that read 0.231 in a dual coil build and that works fine. On a side note i have just recieved an email telling me that i have won a Smok G150 in a competition i entered.

Any thoughts on this?

Smok G150 vs Smok AL85

I know the G150 has almost double the power but it has a sealed battery where as my AL85 does not.
Does this make that much difference nowadays?
I still use my Baby Beast tank when i go fishing but the rest of the time i will be using my Druga RBA Deck.

Any tips, hints or opinions(Like A**holes, everyone has one) greatfully recieved.

eStorm

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reddit Exile
Hi all, thanks for the info. I cant post a pic of my build as i have some other coils i have put in now that read 0.231 in a dual coil build and that works fine. On a side note i have just recieved an email telling me that i have won a Smok G150 in a competition i entered.

Any thoughts on this?

Smok G150 vs Smok AL85

I know the G150 has almost double the power but it has a sealed battery where as my AL85 does not.
Does this make that much difference nowadays?
I still use my Baby Beast tank when i go fishing but the rest of the time i will be using my Druga RBA Deck.

Any tips, hints or opinions(Like A**holes, everyone has one) greatfully recieved.
Glad you got it working with a different setup and congratulations on the win, sadly I can't give any further suggestions on that because I don't have the g150 and wouldn't be able to do the comparison. Hope someone else can chime in. In general I dislike internal batteries or smok products, so saying pick a or b would not be fair since its fairly bias lol.

Just to clarify the coils i bought were (Kanthal A1 0.2 ohm 20AWG) No idea what half that means. Next time i do a build i will try adding a couple of extra wraps.

VU Sponsors