Become a Patron!

Ohms law on mechs

Ephraim

Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
I have rapid tables on my desktop for ohms law. U just put in 2 figures and it calculates the test. The lower the ohms the higher the wattage. So how do these people build tgese low .1, .15 low ohm builds without burning their mouths. Wudnt the wattage be off the charts? Ive never built lower then .3 so I dont know the answer. But it seems like the wattage wud be to high on a mech mod. I know the lower I build on my Hex Ohm the higher the wattage. I want a double stack mech but I want to make sure I have all my ducks in a row.

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Ephraim serious question here ..you probably know the answer already right?...because well ....the table will have told you you’ve just created a scenario that’s a similar thing?

If you get a double stack mech you will be in series and a 0.3 ohm build will be very hot for you and current draw will be high

:wait:

Ephraim

Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
Ephraim serious question here ..you probably know the answer already right?...because well ....the table will have told you you’ve just created a scenario that’s a similar thing?

If you get a double stack mech you will be in series and a 0.3 ohm build will be very hot for you and current draw will be high

:wait:
O, Ill stick to my DNA 250C then. I thought it wud be. Thats what the table told me. But Ive heard of people building very low ohm builds on mechs and was wondering how the handle the heat?

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Wide open airflow, quick inhales, taller drip tip,

mind you not all coils ramp up super hot really quickly, it depends on your coil build ....you can have a low resistance coil that heat up slower too.

Also some just like hotter vapes ...each to their own, I suspect those same people would say why do you vape at 0.3ohms :D

Ephraim

Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
Wide open airflow, quick inhales, taller drip tip,

mind you not all coils ramp up super hot really quickly, it depends on your coil build ....you can have a low resistance coil that heat up slower too.

Also some just like hotter vapes ...each to their own, I suspect those same people would say why do you vape at 0.3ohms :D
Gotcha.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

Some of those High Wattage vapers take one second hits also and not the 6-10 seconds like I prefer. I have had my MOD's shut down firing because I take such long pulls. Like you said to each his own~! That is the beauty of TC @Ephraim you can control the Temperature on long drags~!

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have rapid tables on my desktop for ohms law. U just put in 2 figures and it calculates the test. The lower the ohms the higher the wattage. So how do these people build tgese low .1, .15 low ohm builds without burning their mouths. Wudnt the wattage be off the charts? Ive never built lower then .3 so I dont know the answer. But it seems like the wattage wud be to high on a mech mod. I know the lower I build on my Hex Ohm the higher the wattage. I want a double stack mech but I want to make sure I have all my ducks in a row.
Why are you looking into Mech's let alone not only series Mech's but stacked? From your posts you're not even close to diving into them.

Seriously

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

entropy1049

Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
I know the lower I build on my Hex Ohm the higher the wattage. I want a double stack mech but I want to make sure I have all my ducks in a row.

Not trying to be hateful here, but I think you’ve got a lot to learn and master before you jump into Stacked mechs. At this stage it would be like jumping from a ‘78 Ford Granada into a top fuel dragster.

Spend some time studying circuit theory and battery safety till you know it frontwards and backwards. Ohms law calculations you should be able roughly approximate in your head. Watch tons of tutorial videos.

The power in a stacked mech can be upwards of 300 Watts. That shit will kill you if you don’t respect it.

Good Luck Man :)

Last edited:

Ralph_K

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Lowest build I've done in a mech is .1 its not hot if you keep the airflow up high. I usually keep my builds around .12 on my mech

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Lowest build I've done in a mech is .1 its not hot if you keep the airflow up high. I usually keep my builds around .12 on my mech

What type of mech? A stacked series?

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
A single 21700 tube mod.

Cool thought so ..,.just checking cause emphraim was on about stacked tubes, bad news if newbies read thinking it’s ok to build that low haha

VU Sponsors