Become a Patron!

Ohms jumping around on rda

whoevenknows

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have a .2 ohm build on my phenotype-l. 22g A1 kanthal 5/6 wraps dual coil. This rda has great potential but the o-rings are a nightmare but that's off topic. Anyway I've had this problem before. My ohms are jumping from .2 to .3 to .4 randomly. I can tell when it is off when I am hitting it, it is hard to describe, it definitely sounds different at least. I rebuilt the coils last night and made very sure that in the connections that the wires are next to eachother and not on top of eachother, lessening the chance one gets loose, or that was the plan. It worked great until this morning. I've tightened the screws at least a half dozen times to no avail. It might be an unfounded concern, but I'm worried for some reason it will arc and catch on fire... Happened once when I was messing around trying to build quad coils on a different rda, I don't have the skills for that quite yet. I've been using rda's for about nine months and have built every coil I have used. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oggy

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If the ohms are jumping then a coil or your center pin is probably loose. More than likely it is a coil but you can check the pin on the bottom of the rda. The way I check my coils is lightly taping the coil after I have burned them in. Alot of times when you first put heat to a coil the screws will loosen up and need to be tightened again.

If it is not either of these then It may be the 510 on your mod is not making a good connection. Hope this helps and good luck.

tchthsky

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Do you have an ohm meter, a DMM, or a ohm meter specific for atomizers? If so, does the resistance change? Do you have another mod to install on and see if you get the same results? If so then clearly it's the atomizer. I would install my atomizer on another device or put it in my ohm meter (preferable) and gently push on the coils and post to see if the reading changes

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Unstable resistance is caused by bad connections. If you're using a regulated mod it could be anywhere between the circuit board and the coil(s). You'll just have to find it and fix it. Good luck.

VU Sponsors