Become a Patron!

odd question

kingshockey

Member For 4 Years
ok so i am wondering if its possible for ants to be drawn to e juice i know its normal this time of year for ants to invade homes in so cal but twice now i have found an ant on my night stand where i keep my mods and juice bottles so i am wondering if they are attracted from the juice i know the nic would kill em but i rather not inhale a bunch of ants half asleep during the nite when i wake up to vape haha

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
My wife has a spray bottle of the following:

1 part pure extracted clove oil
1 part white distilled vinegar
1 part tap water

The clove oil is what kills the ants. The vinegar, if I'm reasoning it out correctly helps the water and oil bond to the ants. She found the recipe for the spray online. Not sure the exact proportions save that it's more water than oil and vinegar. Might try this. i think it has links to several different recipes for the spray, or some variation of it.

If that doesn't help, try looking at the ants and telling them "M3 says Go Fuck yourself!" :) Bet they run away then.

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ok so i am wondering if its possible for ants to be drawn to e juice i know its normal this time of year for ants to invade homes in so cal but twice now i have found an ant on my night stand where i keep my mods and juice bottles so i am wondering if they are attracted from the juice i know the nic would kill em but i rather not inhale a bunch of ants half asleep during the nite when i wake up to vape haha

Not really.

I use this stuff.

And out of curiosity I tried the same method, putting drops out for the ants, with my ejuice and the ants didn't bother with it.

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Borax and Sugar is also a really good sugar ant killer. 30% Borax/70% Sugar mix and the dogs generally will not eat it. These sorry bastards like coming in through our weep holes. Puff this stuff in there and they just stop showing up. The sugar draws them in and the borax dehydrates them and they die.

Ralph_K

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ants aren't attracted to ejuice. The sweetener used isn't something ants like. Sweetener used is normally sucralose same thing as nutrasweet

CactusFanaticus

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Borax and Sugar is also a really good sugar ant killer. 30% Borax/70% Sugar mix and the dogs generally will not eat it. These sorry bastards like coming in through our weep holes. Puff this stuff in there and they just stop showing up. The sugar draws them in and the borax dehydrates them and they die.
This is the best method I’ve seen, they also take it back to the nest and share it with their friends/ kills the whole colony. Main ingredient in terro ant baits but cheaper. Best to leave them be to get what they want and like you said you will start seeing less and less until they are gone.

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've had decent luck with terro ant killer. Just put a couple drops on a piece of paper and put it where you see the ants coming in (like a window sill). Haven't noticed any specific problem to vape stuff but I always check everything after leaving a mod/atty overnight. Fire it a few times, look down the chimney or pop the cap off and have a peek. Checking for anything, wasps, spiders, ants. I also live out in the boonies so tend to have a lot more wildlife around than people might in a metro area.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

I had attempted this route at first. Think our trouble lies in the apartment building having been laid out upon a multiple colony stomping grounds. Noted we've had about three variations of so called piss ants. The Borax did work but it could not act fast enough to keep a pace of the breeding. Damn Robo-Ants(tm) kept sending their worker drones to figure out what happen to great, great, great uncle Billy Bob. Loose a million workers, no big deal the queen can toss off another million no problem.

At first blush I had attempted to merely live and let live with these invaders. They made a big mistake though. My coffee started to move across the counter. You think Marines are bad news if you take their coffee? Wait until you take coffee from a bubble head Sailor. The bastards will all die! My wife was correct, they are truly evil little things. Your posting of this has given me an interesting idea. Muhahaha! "Ultimate Killer King Combo!"

Pfft. Speaking of ants reminds me about crickets. Had a cat named Bucky. i watched him one sunny afternoon stalk and eat a cricket, then another. "That might have been your uncle Bob reincarnate," I told him. He looked up to me as if to say, "it's okay he ate me yesterday." *chuckles* So life goes in its lovely cycle. :)

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
I had attempted this route at first. Think our trouble lies in the apartment building having been laid out upon a multiple colony stomping grounds. Noted we've had about three variations of so called piss ants. The Borax did work but it could not act fast enough to keep a pace of the breeding. Damn Robo-Ants(tm) kept sending their worker drones to figure out what happen to great, great, great uncle Billy Bob. Loose a million workers, no big deal the queen can toss off another million no problem.

At first blush I had attempted to merely live and let live with these invaders. They made a big mistake though. My coffee started to move across the counter. You think Marines are bad news if you take their coffee? Wait until you take coffee from a bubble head Sailor. The bastards will all die! My wife was correct, they are truly evil little things. Your posting of this has given me an interesting idea. Muhahaha! "Ultimate Killer King Combo!"

Pfft. Speaking of ants reminds me about crickets. Had a cat named Bucky. i watched him one sunny afternoon stalk and eat a cricket, then another. "That might have been your uncle Bob reincarnate," I told him. He looked up to me as if to say, "it's okay he ate me yesterday." *chuckles* So life goes in its lovely cycle. :)

If you need a level of immediacy you can find Demon WP on amazon. It will kill anything that lives, has ever lived or has thought about living. You can mix it in a pump sprayer or spray bottle and it just works. I try to use as little of this as possible because of the dogs but you can spray and ant bed and within minutes watch the colony evacuate and die. We will use this after a rain since it will soak into porous surfaces and remain active for a while. Its very toxic so handle with extreme care if you go that route and mix double the amount of poison the directions call for to water.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ants hate citrus. Scattering orange and lemon peelings in the kitchen definitely keeps them away, or cotton balls soaked in citrus oil. If I'm not mistaken, they also hate peppermint - I know spiders do - and it's easy to make a spray with peppermint oil and water. Makes your house smell good too. ;)

VU Sponsors