Become a Patron!

Odd Effects from a few FA Flavors

Brian L

VU Donator
Member For 4 Years
Hello all,
Anytime I use FA Orange, FA Mandarin, FA Guava, or FA Mango, I have issues with the juice. I don't know how exactly to describe it. It's not an aftertaste or a burning, but it's a bit harsh on the inhale and after a few puffs my tongue feels weird - scratchy I guess. The flavor of the juice is OK, but the feeling of the juice is just bad. I have tried switching nic suppliers in case that was the problem, but it wasn't. Also, nic level has no effect. I got these flavors from eLiquidMart and they are re-bottled. Anyone have any insight on this? I thought about ordering replacements from Bull City since I just ordered some other flavors from them and they are in the original bottles. Other flavors, like Strawberry, lemon, lime, etc. are fine. There have just been a few that I feel are not right.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I got Guava from them a while back. I didn't have any issue. Several people seem to be having a difficult time with Eliquid Mart, lately. Have you let them sit a few days to see if they calm down at all?? I've not experienced anything like this with these specific flavors. What a bummer!! I really like each of them.

Brian L

VU Donator
Member For 4 Years
Yeah, I've tried letting then sit. I had one I made three weeks ago that I just tried again and it was still the same. I had a couple people at work try them to make sure and they said the same thing, so I know it's not just me at least. I guess I'll have to reorder from a different vendor.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
That's a real shame, too. I hope you have some luck maybe getting a refund, at least. There are some great vendors available, as you know.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Can you give an example how you're using those flavors? Standalone (what %) or with other flavors (which?)

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I agree! FA is so concentrated many people unfamiliar with them use too high a percentage

Brian L

VU Donator
Member For 4 Years
Can you give an example how you're using those flavors? Standalone (what %) or with other flavors (which?)
I've used two of them standalone from 2% to 5%. I also made two of your recipes, HIC - Orange Creamsicles, and Orange TicTac Outer Half. The recipes I made exactly as written in their respective posts. There were other mixes I did, but I can't remember what they were, but I've never gone over 7% total flavorings in a mix, thus far... At least not in one I came up with on my own.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
I've used two of them standalone from 2% to 5%. I also made two of your recipes, HIC - Orange Creamsicles, and Orange TicTac Outer Half. The recipes I made exactly as written in their respective posts. There were other mixes I did, but I can't remember what they were, but I've never gone over 7% total flavorings in a mix, thus far... At least not in one I came up with on my own.

One creamy, one candy, all reasonable percents, hmm... Other than my manta (shake the flavoring before you use it), I don't have any other ideas. I do wonder if those 4 flavors share a component that you're sensitive to. It might be worth opening a support ticket with FA to ask. You can do that here: http://flavourartexpress.biz/index.php?dispatch=pages.view&page_id=260

lirruping

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
One creamy, one candy, all reasonable percents, hmm... Other than my manta (shake the flavoring before you use it), I don't have any other ideas. I do wonder if those 4 flavors share a component that you're sensitive to. It might be worth opening a support ticket with FA to ask. You can do that here: http://flavourartexpress.biz/index.php?dispatch=pages.view&page_id=260
I didn't know you had a manta! People say they're safe, but always use caution: don't forget what happened to that "crocodile hunter" guy. ಠ‿ಠ

lirruping

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hello all,
Anytime I use FA Orange, FA Mandarin, FA Guava, or FA Mango, I have issues with the juice. I don't know how exactly to describe it. It's not an aftertaste or a burning, but it's a bit harsh on the inhale and after a few puffs my tongue feels weird - scratchy I guess. The flavor of the juice is OK, but the feeling of the juice is just bad. I have tried switching nic suppliers in case that was the problem, but it wasn't. Also, nic level has no effect. I got these flavors from eLiquidMart and they are re-bottled. Anyone have any insight on this? I thought about ordering replacements from Bull City since I just ordered some other flavors from them and they are in the original bottles. Other flavors, like Strawberry, lemon, lime, etc. are fine. There have just been a few that I feel are not right.
I have this issue with FA Mango and pineapple. I love, love, love the flavor of both, but they do seem to harsh up the juice and can even give me heartburn. Luckily, they are both especially concentrated--even for FA--so only a tiny bit is needed, I've found.

eg, I can use:

6.5% Juicy Peach
0.5% fa mango

with between 3 and 6% Gameover (mamaj's) or other vanilla custard and I have a very definitely peach-mango flavor.

I'm still trying to figure out how to use the pineapple, though, without hurting myself :/

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
I didn't know you had a manta! People say they're safe, but always use caution: don't forget what happened to that "crocodile hunter" guy. ಠ‿ಠ

I read that about 4 times before I saw I'd missed a letter. I'm gonna blame that on my keyboard. Yeah, that's it.

By the way, I've heard other people talk about heartburn from pineapple! Does it happen with real pineapple and/or pineapple candies for you, too? Just curious.

lirruping

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Nope, only pineapple vapes--but it does extend to other companies' pineapple flavors.
I read that about 4 times before I saw I'd missed a letter. I'm gonna blame that on my keyboard. Yeah, that's it.
Of course it was your keyboard! I've just don't think I've ever seen you make a typo before, so I couldn't help myself :)

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Nope, only pineapple vapes--but it does extend to other companies' pineapple flavors.

Of course it was your keyboard! I've just don't think I've ever seen you make a typo before, so I couldn't help myself :)

One thing I really like about VU is the ability to edit posts later. I make lots of typos.

Hey @wllmc - look, another one with that pineapple-heartburn thing! I wonder why that is.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm definitely in on the pineapple heartburn. I love pina colada vapes, but have to have the Tums on standby. And I definitely have an aversion to FA mango. I got mine from RTS Vapes months ago and I know it should be a little tart, but it seems to take over any mix I use it in and give me a cross between sour and bitter. I finally got to make Lychee Pudding today and as scrumptious as it smells, I'm gonna have to make another batch and just drop it. for the extra papaya. Even at .25%, it ruined the mix. Hoping to leave it sitting for a few days and see if it will improve. But as far as a physical effect, no, it's nothing like the OP describes.

cardassian

Member For 4 Years

Yeah I get that with pineapple too.
Is especially gutting as it's my favourite fruit.
Happened with vendor juice and now my own.

lirruping

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yeah I get that with pineapple too.
Is especially gutting as it's my favourite fruit.
Happened with vendor juice and now my own.
Aw, your *favorite*?! That's the worst :/
Lucky for me, I guess, I'm sort of meh about most pineapples I've tried.

lirruping

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm definitely in on the pineapple heartburn. I love pina colada vapes, but have to have the Tums on standby. And I definitely have an aversion to FA mango. I got mine from RTS Vapes months ago and I know it should be a little tart, but it seems to take over any mix I use it in and give me a cross between sour and bitter. I finally got to make Lychee Pudding today and as scrumptious as it smells, I'm gonna have to make another batch and just drop it. for the extra papaya. Even at .25%, it ruined the mix. Hoping to leave it sitting for a few days and see if it will improve. But as far as a physical effect, no, it's nothing like the OP describes.

I've been having difficulties with fa mango, too--it's really powerful and does a similar thing to me as does pineapple, but not as badly. I think I finally am making some progress. My first ever try with it was this:

MANGO LASSI (MEH) by lirruping (inspired by reddit /u/protonicbeats' FLV yogurt base:
The first three ingredients combine in roughly this ratio to make a yogurtish tasting flavor.)

2% FLV Vanilla Custard
1% FLV Blueberry Muffin
0.5% FLV Coconut
2% fa mango [woah, this was way too much! Next time I will start at 0.5%]
1% favanilla classic [next time will use vanilla tahity instead]
0.75% fa cinnamon ceylon
0.75% fa cardamom
1 drop fa honey per 9ml

The above was fairly harsh, "over-flavored" tasting, and somehow not very spicy at all.
Later I added 0.25% more each of cinnamon and cardamom and waited a few days. Still harsh, but a little spicier along the right lines I thought.

After adding 1% EM and waiting a few more days it was STILL harsh. In a drunken act of desperation, I added 2.5% MTS vape wizard on 5/15 and now it's somewhere between OK and pretty good. Nothing to write home about. (No reflection on the yogurt base part of it--that by itself is sort of interesting) Anyway, I am vaping it, at least--not dumping it. My next try was a Mango Peach mix using a little GameOver V.C. .G.O is my new "crutch" flavor, since I know it's going to make anything taste good.

After that I was still too demoralized to try the Lassi again, but my mom wanted something so I mixed the following without thinking too hard about it:

Flow State Mango Peach Cream by lirruping

4% tfa juicy peach
2% fa white peach,
3% Caps V.C. V2
1% fa Mango
1% fa Vienna Cream,
2% EM

I didn't have very high hopes for it so I forgot about it for a couple of weeks and now it's lovely! I should have stopped the Mango at .75%, and will do next time, but it's pretty good.

Next, I want to try a variation of this with a strong note of raspberry and a tiny undercurrent of watermelon added. I've already started thinking too hard about it though, I can tell. Wish me luck! Also, I'd be happy to have advice if anything is occurring to anybody.

:

VU Sponsors