Nucleus clone, who's tried one?

chris damron

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I drilled mine out so that there are three 3/32 holes on each side of the deck and barrel because the draw was waaayyyyy too tight. I've tried dual 24g and the vapor was decent but I have no clue how to wick it for vertical coils. Now I have a quad 26g with a U wick setup on either side, and it's working decent, but i want to get the most out of this atty. it just seems like it should perform much better than it does, especially considering I drilled it out. I'm just looking for advice on builds and REALLY just wicking technique because it really does baffle me aside from a dual U wick with my quads that still doesn't even do that well.

Spike64

Vapemail Stalker
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have one...no issues with the draw...built a dual vertical coil at .6 ohm using 28g...popped it on a IPV1 and vaped it at 28 watts...works very well when you line up the holes correctly...I did notice one thing...without the top cap on it doesn't seem like its making much vapor when firing the mod....put the cap on and its a fog machine...weird...

chris damron

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Yea I'm about to retry yet another build, possibly a horizontal. How was yours wicked???

Spike64

Vapemail Stalker
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I used elfwick...I pushed it down from the top as far as I could and then left it long enough at the top end to fall over the side of the coil and fill the well...

VU Sponsors