Become a Patron!

NTSC coils/Horizons Artic

Im currently running a Horizons Artic tank on a Cuboid Mini, but this thing leaks something fierce to the point I'm pulling my hair out. All the o-rings are in good shape and yet it stills just dumps liquid... what's another tank that shouldn't have leak issues that I can run BTDC coils with on my mini?

Last edited:

Nancy_Bout

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Honestly- you shouldn't be having problems but I don't own that combination.
Do you have a second Mod to try it on? What is the juice VG -PG because higher PG causes leaking in sub ohm tanks and the BTDC coils big air holes- just wondering. Usually it's something small- I would take it to the local Vape shop.
They should- will help.
Mine does- I buy something in return always lol (juice coils drip tips etc)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unfortunately I don't have a second mod, and this tank isn't even a week old. The tank was roughly a bit over half full when I went to bed last night. Woke up this morning and picked it up off my night stand to take a few puffs before I got ready for work and the tank was down to about 1/4 and juice was all down the sides..... makes no sense why it's leaking like that. What's another tank that'll use BTDC coils that I can try?

mikeyboy74

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Very possible you have a bad coil, which can cause any tank to leak. If another coil doesn't solve it, I would try to get the tank swapped out. Arctic coils are specific to that tank. The mod wouldn't cause leaking.

the coil is two days old. still not sure why this thing is leaking, i took it all apart and cleaned everything. any advice on the settings for the cuboid mini? this thing is killing my throat with how hot its coming out. I'll be honest im really new at this, decided to go this route after smoking for 11 years and im realizing im kinda lost as to what settings with make for a good long pull that doesnt get really hot. right now its getting so hot the drip tip is literally getting hot and im getting alot of popping and spitting. any advice is really appreciated!

mikeyboy74

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Using kanthal 0.2 or 0.5, or the ni200 temp control coil? For the first 2, the mod should be in power mode, and the ni200 should be in temp mode, for nickel. Use a q tip to make sure no juice in the chimney, and start with airflow holes full open.

Prime the new coil by putting drops of juice on top and on side wicking hole cotton. Let it sit a few minutes, start at low settings, and gradually work up. Wait 15-30 seconds between pulls while this is going on.

If the Cuboid Mini is like the Cuboid, it may come from factory preset to temp control.

its the ni200 coils, 0.5 40 to 80 watts, primed it, and tried swapping to the temp mode for nickel, clicked the fire button three times, moved over to it, but it keeps jumping back to power mode.. not quite sure what im doing wrong, anyways thank you so much mike for the help!

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
If that mod is like most TC mods, you'll need to lock in your coil resistance while its at room temperature for TC to work correctly.

Mike you were correct, the coil was causing the leak, for some reason the one I had in it wasn't screwing down all the way. and mark I put in a 0.5 coil, and its now showing 0.55 ohms on the display, is this where I should lock it in? I hate asking these rookie question...

Nancy_Bout

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
That'll do it- and never be afraid to ask a rookie question
I had Leaking w thin juice-
I once broke a protank trying to unscrew the top

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mikeyboy74

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
If its 0.5 ohms, I think it is a kanthal coil, since the ni200 is 0.2 ohms. There is also a kanthal 0.2 ohm coil.

Maybe the mod is detecting this, and recognizing it goes with power mode.

Though they can vape higher in the wattage range, I found the coils will burn out fast that way, and the vapor can get hot.

VU Sponsors