Become a Patron!

Not much cloud and always a cough at end of pull.

I'm running an eleaf istick 30w with a kangertech 1.2 ohm coil. I'm not getting much vape when I pull lung hits and it's always harsh. Used to smoke cigaraettes and I'm using juice 12 ml nicotine. I'm an amateur at best in the vape scene but I'm am trying to get the smoothest pull with a good cloud and have to cough when I exhale. I'm trying different airflow but not sure which is best. I also use a kangertech subtank nano. I can seem to find the wattage for me either. Any guidance would be massively appreciated.

Maynard

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Put a 0.5Ω coil in that Kanger Subtank of yours. Also increase the VG ratio in your ejuice. If you're at 50vg/50pg now then try a 60/40 mix for a thicker vapor (too much vg though can hamper wicking since it's thicker than pg).
Increasing the airflow may help too with the harshness/coughing you mentioned.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yup, Maynard is right, I had the same issues when I started vaping and made little adjustments like he posted and changed the way I inhaled and the coughing stopped. Welcome to VU, glad your here:)

Ngkon

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
A few mores ideas, lower the nicotine level and what flavor of liquid are you using? Some are quite a bit harsher then others, try one with less throat hit.

UncleMike

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Agree with lowering the nic level, you may be getting more nic than you realize when using a subtank setup. When I used my previous tanks I was using 8mg nicotine, but when I got my subtank mini I had to drop instantly to 4mg as 8 was way to strong for me

anendeloflorien

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Agree with lowering the nic level, you may be getting more nic than you realize when using a subtank setup. When I used my previous tanks I was using 8mg nicotine, but when I got my subtank mini I had to drop instantly to 4mg as 8 was way to strong for me
Yeah I was using 18mg/ml before I got my subtank - pretty quickly went to 6mg and I'm now on 3mg. It's a great setup once you get it dialed in! I find "high VG" mixes (not "max VG") typically a 60/40 or 70/30 VG/PG ratio work the best in it!

VU Sponsors