Become a Patron!

Not getting what I expected..

So I had one of the e cig pens. Figured I'd step up my game and chase some clouds. Bought an I stick 50 watt, and a kanger tech tank with .5 ohm coils. I'm not getting anywhere near the clouds I expected... did I waste money on this? Is there a way to get more out of what I have, or can you recommend new things to get? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks guys

RodThaVapenRat

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Well I use a RDA and build coils and no matter what I build I always get respectable clouds without trying.now what kangertech tank ...is it a subtank?

a9aea0faecf1db3960dbd1039837e706.jpg

Breazy_Com

Excellence In Service
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
With a 50 watt I stick any of the new sub ohm tanks will work well. Artic, Starre by Freemax, Sense by Herackles, Atlantis V2 and my personal favorite High Voltage tank. Also the Matrix by High Voltage. I use my tank at 35-40 watts and get great flavor and clouds. Just watch I'm not sure what the lowest ohms that will fire. A few of these have .2 ohm coils and some can get .2 or .5 ohm coils. Check them out and wait until more people post some advice then make a decision.

RodThaVapenRat

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
.........well the only thing I can thing is your juice VG/PG mix or airflow. I don't have a kangertech tank or even a tank.my wife has a SMOK VCT A1 sub ohm and it's pretty decent with clouds almost as well as an RDA. Just my opinion

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You can blow decent clouds with the subtank (I'm assuming that's what you meant) with the right juice (higher VG).

Of course, I don't know what sort of clouds you were expecting!

RodThaVapenRat

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
You can blow decent clouds with the subtank (I'm assuming that's what you meant) with the right juice (higher VG).

Of course, I don't know what sort of clouds you were expecting!
True you can't expect a hurricane

Well I found my rebuild able deck. Should I give it a go at building some .2 ohm coils? If so, any good tutorials? I've checked some youtube videos, but some are very contradictory. And I just want decent clouds. Right now I'm getting the size of like a hit off a bowl. Unacceptable for the amount of money I've spent... I rip it for the full ten seconds, and I still could take more, it's just not producing much vapor

And the juice from my shop is a 50/50 mix. I'm thinking of ordering a 100 ml bottle of max vg from white label vape, but the extremely low price of 20 bucks seems a little sketchy...

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
50 50 os not going to give you the thick white clouds...typically youll need 80/ 20 or better for nicer clouds.

The subtank nano im using with .8 ohm home made coil is far more than i expected compared to my other tanks i own but i dont expect a properly set up rda on a low voltage drop mech mod type clouds either.

Sometimes expectations too high is what disappoints you.

Check out some youtube vids on the subtank...some really nice clouds but im sure they use thicker juice as well.

No reason really to go to .2ohm to get better clouds from what you have now..Get the heavier vg juice and youll be surprised i think with even a .5 ohm coil.

RodThaVapenRat

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Nope price is good and Yea give it a shot......I watch ripptrippers and suckmymod for coil builds and keep in mind more money doesn't necessarily mean more vapor......its about tweeking and then making it act the way you want it to.

RodThaVapenRat

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
50 50 os not going to give you the thick white clouds...typically youll need 80/ 20 or better for nicer clouds.

The subtank nano im using with .8 ohm home made coil is far more than i expected compared to my other tanks i own but i dont expect a properly set up rda on a low voltage drop mech mod type clouds either.

Sometimes expectations too high is what disappoints you.

Check out some youtube vids on the subtank...some really nice clouds but im sure they use thicker juice as well.

No reason really to go to .2ohm to get better clouds from what you have now..Get the heavier vg juice and youll be surprised i think with even a .5 ohm coil.

Dr3d

Yes. What was the question?
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Increase your cloud experience by 1) exhaling immediately, 2) maximizing airflow by opening it up completely and allowing regular air into your lungs by opening your lips a little while you draw your hit.

RodThaVapenRat

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I just my thinking but letting in air from your lips would lower the density of the clouds.if the air is not coming from the atty It can't possibly increase vapor production. Kinda the same with flavor.

Dr3d

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just my thinking but letting in air from your lips would lower the density of the clouds.if the air is not coming from the atty It can't possibly increase vapor production. Kinda the same with flavor.

Try it.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Quite honestly you shouldn't need a coil that low - you've got 50 watts to play with! Try higher VG for sure - 50/50 just doesn't cut it for clouds!

But again, I'm not sure what size clouds you're looking for. I favor flavor overall, but I come from a 40-year pack a day smoking habit :)

Dr3d

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Can't honestly say it helps...... But that's not say it won't work for others........I think my freakshow might have something to do with my result.

Yes probably. It absolutely works on a Kanger Subtank and on an Egrip; neither have the openness of draw you get on the freakshow.

VaporIQ

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
There is nothing wrong with the Kanger. It is my main sub tank for casual vaping. I can get a very nice dense cloud.

I use an iStick 30 at 25W and the 0.5ohm occ coil. I get about 3/4 the cloud I can get in my cloud chaser RDA set up.

Your NUMBER 1 issue is your juice. You have to use Max VG juice for the clouds you are looking for hand down! It's night and day.

Try this and you will be happy:)

VaporIQ

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Oh one more thing don't exhale the vape like cigarette smoke. Exhale like you are trying to warm your hands on a bloody cold day while puckering your lips. Similar to the shape of whistling.

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Check out cloud chasers/ pics. My best atty is a 12.00 Fast Tech 26650 5 post for making Fog Banks, screw clouds. It's a hobby that takes practice.

subvapor

Member For 4 Years
I use istick 50w with kangertech subtank nano .5 ohm at 19.0 watts and get decent clouds of course rba is going to get bigger clouds but mine is doing good so if you want more clouds of denser vapor use rba I use 100% vg juice with mine

RodThaVapenRat

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
If you like the Freakshow try the Troll also made by WoToFo. Still get flavor but more air flow for nice thick clouds.
Oh I love it and I been wanting a Troll but the funds just don't allow.

ConcreteBob

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Vg/Pg ratio is the key. 50/50 is not cloud juice. Also, for your rda builds, download Steam Engine. It will help you calculate exactly what to build (in single strand) for your desired resistance. And it also a great tool for using a mech mod and making sure you don't end up barbecuing your face.

ConcreteBob

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
If you like the feakshow, try the lycan. Bottom and side airflow, incredibly deep well.

ConcreteBob

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Actually, I find that it's a great cloud fda with pretty decent flavor. But that just semantics, I suppose.

ConcreteBob

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
My competition rda is a Mephisto deck with a drilled out Stillare cap. The deck has post hiles you can drive a Buick through, and the modified Stillare cap now has unbeatable airflow. But I can still build it for incredible flavor, and it's constant full airflow no matter what.

VU Sponsors