Become a Patron!

Noisy cricket 2-25

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Anybody got one? What do you think about it? Had enough of mods adjusting voltage for me. Want to go variable voltage and like the form and function of the nc2-25. What say you?

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I have the original NC and love it, but I have my sights on the NC2 as well.

PaulS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
It is a favorite of mine. And I have quite a few series mods. Even have the new Siver Wolf Customs Delubio which is unbelievable.

yKqZCFj.jpg

I am in fact vaping on it now. Having a Warhead on top doesn't hurt it either, lol.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Since the mod I'm talking about is regulated, how about you put it back in the right forum. Neither the thread you linked nor the video have a damn thing to do with what I'm talking about.
Moved to reg area, because you were so polite in the request. Sorry that I tried to help and made a mistake.

Radar activated**

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Anybody got one? What do you think about it? Had enough of mods adjusting voltage for me. Want to go variable voltage and like the form and function of the nc2-25. What say you?
I should receive my NC II in the mail today. However, I watched several videos. All mentioned, that the potentiometer is hard to adjust, due to lack of grip. Otherwise, it seems to be a good mod for advanced users, knowledgeable of Ohm's law, and what happens when operating in serial mode vs. parallel mode. The variable voltage mode is only available in serial mode. One video mentioned, that a user might accidentally switch from VV to bypass mode (full power) in the following situation. The user turns off the mod (5 clicks), forgetting that the mod is turned off, wants to vape, presses the fire button long enough to switch from VV to bypass, realizes the mod is turned off, so the user turns the mod on, starts vaping/coughing (maybe more), due to the mod being in serial bypass mode (full power). Just something to be aware off!

EDIT: I just watched another video made by a German. He hooked up an ozilloscope. It turns out, in VV mode, the mod is pulsing at 45Hz. In the other two modes it's a constant voltage.

Last edited:

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I should receive my NC II in the mail today. However, I watched several videos. All mentioned, that the potentiometer is hard to adjust, due to lack of grip. Otherwise, it seems to be a good mod for advanced users, knowledgeable of Ohm's law, and what happens when operating in serial mode vs. parallel mode. The variable voltage mode is only available in serial mode. One video mentioned, that a user might accidentally switch from VV to bypass mode (full power) in the following situation. The user turns off the mod (5 clicks), forgetting that the mod is turned off, wants to vape, presses the fire button long enough to switch from VV to bypass, realizes the mod is turned off, so the user turns the mod on, starts vaping/coughing (maybe more), due to the mod being in serial bypass mode (full power). Just something to be aware off!

EDIT: I just watched another video made by a German. He hooked up an ozilloscope. It turns out, in VV mode, the mod is pulsing at 45Hz. In the other two modes it's a constant voltage.
The pulsing is good info. Thanks.

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
You're welcome! I thought that piece of information to be important to some, that are sensitive to "feeling" the pulsation while vaping.
I don't like the fact that it pulses, but wonder if it's something the user can notice. I would use the vv mode most so if anyone can comment on actually using it in that mode, please do. That's the first possible negative I've heard yet.

Thanks for the replies so far.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The following are contributions to this thread, not necessarily in order:wave::cool:
Product Introduction
Noisy Cricket II-25, the updated version of Noisy Cricket Mod, is quite intelligent and multi-functional. Featuring the optional circuit in series and parallel, multiple circuit protection systems are applied which make the device much safe and reliable. Moreover, two modes are available under circuit in series: direct output and constant voltage output. The simplicity and efficiency make Noisy Cricket II outstanding and popular.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Multiple Circuit Protection Systems: Multiple circuit protection systems are applied, realizing the overall protection of the device, which make it much safe and reliable.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Optional Circuit in Series and Parallel: Simply turnover the circuit board, you can choose the series or parallel circuit to your preference.
Noisy25_14.jpg

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
I don't like the fact that it pulses, but wonder if it's something the user can notice. I would use the vv mode most so if anyone can comment on actually using it in that mode, please do. That's the first possible negative I've heard yet.

Maybe a look at the graphs help you, it's starting at about 28:34. IMO, I think it depends a lot on the coil(s) being utilized. I'll pay special attention to that, once I have my mod. I'll let you know ASAP.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Replaceable 18650 Cells Structure: With replaceable 18650 cells, it is much safer and more convenient for users.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Alternative Operating Mode: Under Cells in Series Circuit Condition, two modes are available: Direct Output mode and Constant Voltage Output mode.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unique Design of Adjustable Voltage: By rotating the voltage regulating switch under series circuit condition, the output voltage can be adjusted from 2V to 6V.
Noisy25_09.jpg

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Pathetic old lady. Don't your cats need fed or something? Grow up and get a life. Or keep showing your ass to the internet while you suffer from delusions of self importance.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Pathetic old lady. Don't your cats need fed or something? Grow up and get a life. Or keep showing your ass to the internet while you suffer from delusions of self importance.

Charging
Please take out the cells and charge them through external charger.
Noisy25_11.jpg

Standard Configuration

1*Noisy Cricket II-25
1*Warning Card
1*User Manual

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I’ve been hearing rumors about this one for a while, so I’m excited to see that it’s finally getting released. The Wismec Noisy Cricket II-25 is beginning to make the pre-sale rounds at a few overseas vendors. Sourcemore has the best deal going so far: $27.50 with FREE shipping and an ETA of 8/25. Currently, the only colorway available is silver. Although it looks similar, the Wismec Noisy Cricket II-25 is a huge departure from the original. First of all, you can run it in either a series OR parallel circuit by flipping over the circuit board! And to go a step further, you can even choose to run it in direct output or constant voltage mode. That’s right…variable voltage…but only if you want to use it. It even has a few built-in protection features. Lots of changes here, which I expect will yield some mixed reactions. It seems that the Wismec Noisy Cricket II-25 was designed to appeal to a wider group of users than the original.

Wismec Noisy Cricket II-25 Features:
  • Dimensions: 48 x 25 x 87mm
  • Multiple Circuit Protection Systems: Atomizer, Short Circuit, and Low Voltage
  • Optional Circuit in Series and Parallel: Simply turn over the circuit board and you can choose the series or parallel circuit to your preference
  • Replaceable 18650 Cells Structure
  • Alternative Operating Modes (series circuit): Direct Output mode and Constant Voltage Output mode
  • Variable Voltage (series circuit): By rotating the voltage regulating switch, the output voltage can be adjusted from 2V to 6V
  • Uses 2x high-rate 18650 batteries (not included)
  • Battery Display Function: The button light will stay lit or flash slowly after a puff when the battery quantity is high. When low, the light will flash frequently

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Noisy Cricket II-25 and Neutron Launching
08/05/2016

We just launched a new battery Noisy Cricket II-25 and its best matching Neutron.

Noisy Cricket II-25, the updated version of Noisy Cricket Mod, is quite intelligent and multi-functional. Featuring the optional circuit in series and parallel, multiple circuit protection systems are applied which make the device much safe and reliable. Moreover, two modes are available under circuit in series: direct output and constant voltage output. The simplicity and efficiency make Noisy Cricket II outstanding and popular.

For more details, please visit: http://www.wismec.com/product/noisy-cricket-ii-25/

Neutron, another RDA designed by JayBo, features its replaceable atomizer base and vortex flow design. Through the optional atomizer base, users can roll the coils in series or in parallel to their preference. The unique vortex flow design of top cap will bring you better flavor and atomizing performance. Also, different vaping experiences will be gotten successfully through the precise top airflow control.

WISMEC Marketing Team
August 5th, 2016
infor_arrow.png
Reuleaux RX75 Kit New Colors Launching
2016-11-02
infor_arrow.png
WISMEC TPD Notification Support Launching
2016-11-01
infor_arrow.png
Upgrade Firmware 4.03 Version for Presa Series
2016-10-26
infor_arrow.png
National Day Holiday Notice
2016-09-30
infor_arrow.png
WISMEC IndeReserve Launching
2016-09-29
infor_arrow.png
New Firmware Version with Preheat Function Launching
2016-09-23
infor_arrow.png
Reuleaux RX200S Upgrade Firmware V4.02 & V4.12 Launching
2016-08-22
infor_arrow.png
Noisy Cricket II-25 and Neutron Launching
2016-08-05
infor_arrow.png
Motiv and ORMA Launching
2016-08-02
infor_arrow.png
Reuleaux RX2/3 and Cylin RTA Launching
2016-07-26
infor_arrow.png
WISMEC Vicino D30 Launching
2016-07-21
infor_arrow.png
WISMEC Vicino Launching
2016-07-04
infor_arrow.png
Reuleaux RX200S Upgrade Firmware 4.10 Version Launching
2016-07-04
infor_arrow.png
Reuleaux RX200S New Colors Launching
2016-06-22
infor_arrow.png
Reuleaux RX75 Kit Launching
2016-05-19
infor_arrow.png
WISMEC Reuleaux RX200S Launching
2016-05-05
infor_arrow.png
Reuleaux RX200 Upgrade Firmware 3.10 Version Launching
2016-04-26
infor_arrow.png
Theorem Atomizer Launching
2016-04-26

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Reuleaux RX75 Kit New Colors Launching
11/02/2016
Dear WISMEC Customers:

With the popularity of Reuleaux RX75 Kit, Wismec launches another two fashionable colors for your preference.

They are VWT420 Green and Cyan.
RX75_0333_.jpg

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hahaha, now you've changed the topic of the thread to a different mod huh? Keep going. Please. Continue to validate every complaint about you.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
One last picture because it shows the whole body and description of the different options, In my opinion, great reference point
RX75_04.png

aspr

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I asked for user experiences and opinions. You're making yourself look pretty pathetic.
Your also talking shit to one of the moderators of this forum...

Screw You.
I'm From Texas.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hahaha, now you've changed the topic of the thread to a different mod huh? Keep going. Please. Continue to validate every complaint about you.
yea, ummmm looking over the rules, I guess I couldn't find one that says threads had to stay on topic so....
OhSnap1.jpg

Lets not forget who got this ball roling, Boober

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
You did. You didn't read the op or don't understand that vv means regulated and moved the thread. Then you tried to assert your internet authority. The contents of this thread speaks for itself. Say what you want to make yourself feel better, but you have personal issues that are on display. Stay on the internet. The real world would eat you alive. I'm gonna get back to reality now. Enjoy yourself.

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee

So, I used Sony VCT5A batteries, a Serpent Mini 25mm w/ a single Alien (0.8mmx0.3mm/32g all Kanthal, clocking in @ 0.58Ohm) in VV mode. I could not sense any pulsating at all. It was a consistent vape at different voltage levels. I dialed it up to were the flavor was still pleasant. However, I do have to agree, the poti needs improvement. Overall, so far, I love it!

Brad Mitchell

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Hahaha haha now that was funny and by the way @broomstick you were completely out of line what 2 or 3 times before she did anything at all in response to your comments and then you want to cry. Wait didn't he tell @Whiskey to grow up and he is crying? Now I'm really confused grow up old lady???

Brad Mitchell

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Hahaha haha now that was funny and by the way @broomstick you were completely out of line what 2 or 3 times before she did anything at all in response to your comments and then you want to cry. Wait didn't he tell @Whiskey to grow up and he is crying? Now I'm really confused grow up old lady???

Edit to say @BoomStick but decided to leave it because I think it's a fitting name due to the fact I think it's stuck up somewhere....

PaulS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The poti is counter intuitive and has no directions. Otherwise I love this mod.

VU Sponsors