Become a Patron!

No venting on the fuhattan?!

Alright so I recently bought the fuhattan by vaporzoe from eciggity. I finally received it and it turns out it has absolutely no venting. I took the top cap off and blew and nothing came out. I was wondering if this has happened to anybody else or did I get that one bad unit.

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Alright so I recently bought the fuhattan by vaporzoe from eciggity. I finally received it and it turns out it has absolutely no venting. I took the top cap off and blew and nothing came out. I was wondering if this has happened to anybody else or did I get that one bad unit.
Mine wasn't from eciggity, but it vents with a battery in it if I blow in the tube. If there's no venting through your switch especially with no battery inserted, I would exchange that thing immediately. That is not right. Good luck!

SteveZ

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Got my fuhattan from my local vape shop. My experience matches TBCAmor's. Venting isn't great but it does vent with the battery in it. I'd say exchange it as well. If it doesn't vent it is basically a really cool copper pipe-bomb.

Can't believe we are admitting to blowing our mods. That just doesn't sound right.

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Got my fuhattan from my local vape shop. My experience matches TBCAmor's. Venting isn't great but it does vent with the battery in it. I'd say exchange it as well. If it doesn't vent it is basically a really cool copper pipe-bomb.

Can't believe we are admitting to blowing our mods. That just doesn't sound right.
I put the tip in my mouth and suck it, too.

I messaged them and they said
T.K. (Eciggity)

Oct 28 02:00 PM

"Hello Marco, that is how the Fuhattan clone by Vapezoe are designed. The Authentic Manhattan also has little to no room for venting as well."

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I messaged them and they said
T.K. (Eciggity)

Oct 28 02:00 PM

"Hello Marco, that is how the Fuhattan clone by Vapezoe are designed. The Authentic Manhattan also has little to no room for venting as well."
Well, I think mine is made by iJoye, though I'm not certain. As the box says it's not a pipe bomb, what you're being told suggests otherwise. I'd ask for a refund and order elsewhere.

SteveZ

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I put the tip in my mouth and suck it, too.

You know, this got me thinking. So I went and tried the same thing with my Stingray X and my Astro and with or without the battery inside it was easier to blow through the body of the fuhattan. Maybe a properly functioning one has more venting than it appears. The battery is looser in the fuhattan and that may be part of it.

Still like my Stingray X better :)

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
You know, this got me thinking. So I went and tried the same thing with my Stingray X and my Astro and with or without the battery inside it was easier to blow through the body of the fuhattan. Maybe a properly functioning one has more venting than it appears. The battery is looser in the fuhattan and that may be part of it.

Still like my Stingray X better :)
Well, I already knew my 4Nine didn't vent, they all don't, and it's also the mod that I say wants to kill me... I love the thing, but you have to be careful with it. I think I'm gonna do some dremel work to the top cap. I just tried my Copper Cartel clone no battery, and it vents, but not the greatest. I never use my Akuma, but I'll have to try that one too.

I believe it's Nitrobex on mod envy who has said that bottom venting on the button essentially doesn't work anyway. I guess the battery will swell to the point that it will vent from the top, so immediately unscrewing the switch and getting the battery out is advisable. I trust him, I have never had a vent, but it could happen to anyone, even with my modest builds and batteries that are way beyond my needs. That's why you have to be careful with mechs. Respect them, and use good batteries. Also, if it's not firing, take the thing apart and troubleshoot, don't keep pushing the button. I think in most conservative builds, it's hard to vent a quality battery, especially without knowing it's heating up too much and something's wrong. Still can't be too careful, ever.

Kemosabe

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
i wonder if its possible to construct a mod where its designed for the battery to be inserted neg side first.

CashNVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
lol my authentic manhattan, Authentic Akuma have no ventilation. my clone akuma does tho but.... I Don't plan on having a dead short anyways. always positive up even if the vent holes are on the bottom of the switch.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Sonar505

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Modder
I take it none of you remember the blow up about this same subject back in 2014. Just google Todd and Ameravape. The original manufacture of the manhattan.

CashNVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I take it none of you remember the blow up about this same subject back in 2014. Just google Todd and Ameravape. The original manufacture of the manhattan.
oh yeah. so is this why so many used AV mods end up on eBay for $400? over priced over hyped crap?

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I drilled 3 holes radially around the top of my New Yorker mod which is a Manhattan clone but better than the Manhattan.
Got 2 of them on clearance for $10 each over a year ago.

CashNVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I drilled 3 holes radially around the top of my New Yorker mod which is a Manhattan clone but better than the Manhattan.
Got 2 of them on clearance for $10 each over a year ago.
interesting. my auth manhattan has the smoothest threading. it's a shame theirs no venting but I could always drill some but it isn't something that ever bothered me.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
interesting. my auth manhattan has the smoothest threading. it's a shame theirs no venting but I could always drill some but it isn't something that ever bothered me.

At the time that the New Yorker came out it was better than the Manhattan per several reviewers.

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Now I feel the urge to dig up my FUHattan and blow in it, lol. Haven't used that one in ages!

I remember the drama, big time, but Continuous Current and Avid Lyfe came from those guys from my understanding, (I may be mistaken on that...) and I like both of their products... Continuous Current Payload RDA's are one of the absolute favorites all time for me. Too bad they're no more.

Time to blow in a tube! :)

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I believe it is supposed to vent out of the firing button.
Yeah... I just blew in a tube finally, lol. Definitely vents well through the button, I threw a 25R in there and it still vented. A bit restricted, but that's expected. Since most tubes, at least back then vent/vented through the button, mine passes at least.

I have a Broadside Broadora Combo coming any day to try out... Comes with a matching Pandora RDA... I mention since the mod has a Delrin lining and is intended to have the battery inserted positive down. I raised an eyebrow, but the Delrin does take care of the added risk of reversing your battery, PLUS, your venting is pointing away from your face, and right where the battery will vent from.

They have a sweet switch design too... I'm pumped. It's gonna feel wrong putting the battery in positive down still... I can't wait though... the switch on the Broadside from videos I've seen looks ingenious. Off topic...

Cliff Notes: When I blow in my tube air comes out... battery or not... lol. Heavy old copper bastard!

VU Sponsors