Become a Patron!

No throat hit - 18mg

Chrystalic

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hey there :) When I first started vaping I was vaping on e-cigs with 18mg, and the throat hit was super nice. I later moved on, got myself a joyetech ego one, and then later an aspire nautilus tank + istick 30w combo. I started vaping with 6mg of nicotine instead, and there was no throat hit but I still enjoyed vaping. I used up all my e-juice except one that was 18mg and I had barely any throat hit what so ever. Used that up, started vaping on e-cigs that are 18mg that I used to get a lot of throat hit from. Im only doing this because im still waiting for my next supply of e-juices :) Now, Im not getting ANY throat hit what so ever from these e-cigs. Ive tried multiple, so its not just 1 that is faulty. Why is this? Have I built up some kind of resistance? Im usually vaping on 6mg, so obviously throat hit isnt that much of a big deal for me, but I find this extremly odd that im getting little to no throat hit from 18mg even though I used to when I started vaping. Can anyone out there explain this to me?

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Is it old juice?
Is it higher in VG than your 6mg juices?

Other than those 2 things, I don't know. I get plenty of TH from 10mg juice, even some that I have that are higher in VG.

ChrisL

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Maybe up the wattage on your IStick until you get a vape you like.

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'll say there's certainly a bit of built up resistance, over time you just don't feel it anymore.

That said, higher PG will induce a greater throat hit.
More nicotine will induce a greater throat hit.
Higher wattage/more heat will induce a greater throat hit.
In general MTL in a way induces a greater throat hit.

I mention the MTL thing but I feel I should explain, it's all about vapor density, MTL setups generally have less air, so it's a thicker creamier intake. If you hit a MTL setup like a DL it won't give much throat hit, but when you get that big ball of vapor in your mouth then take it in, well it tickles the throat quite nicely.

Again though, your tolerance to this certainly increases over time, it's not like smoking where you literally have crap hitting your throat. Instead you have vapor which just doesn't give the same feeling. If you ever find a solution I'd love to hear it because that's the one thing I miss from smoking. It sounds weird but I miss it. This may come off as weird, but it's one of those little pains that is enjoyable, like poking a bruise or stretching a strained muscle.

Ryedan

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Used that up, started vaping on e-cigs that are 18mg that I used to get a lot of throat hit from. Im only doing this because im still waiting for my next supply of e-juices :) Now, Im not getting ANY throat hit what so ever from these e-cigs. Ive tried multiple, so its not just 1 that is faulty.

What are these ecigs you're using?

Chrystalic

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'll say there's certainly a bit of built up resistance, over time you just don't feel it anymore.

That said, higher PG will induce a greater throat hit.
More nicotine will induce a greater throat hit.
Higher wattage/more heat will induce a greater throat hit.
In general MTL in a way induces a greater throat hit.

I mention the MTL thing but I feel I should explain, it's all about vapor density, MTL setups generally have less air, so it's a thicker creamier intake. If you hit a MTL setup like a DL it won't give much throat hit, but when you get that big ball of vapor in your mouth then take it in, well it tickles the throat quite nicely.

Again though, your tolerance to this certainly increases over time, it's not like smoking where you literally have crap hitting your throat. Instead you have vapor which just doesn't give the same feeling. If you ever find a solution I'd love to hear it because that's the one thing I miss from smoking. It sounds weird but I miss it. This may come off as weird, but it's one of those little pains that is enjoyable, like poking a bruise or stretching a strained muscle.
Haha, it doesnt sound weird at all, I completely understand. Thanks for the indepth explanation of all of this. I guess its just that I have worked up some resistance to it, and probably some other factors as well :)

Chrystalic

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Maybe up the wattage on your IStick until you get a vape you like.
Tried that before too, but it makes me cough if I turn it up too high, even tho theres little to no throat hit.

Jimi D

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
By changing the equipment is where you lost the th. Less airflow produces more th.

Bananaguns

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unfortunately this is pretty much the norm with vaping(and most things your body comes in contact with). You could up your nic, play around with ratios and up your wattage til the cows come home, but in the end your throat will adjust to the feeling overtime and you will no longer receive the same sensation.
This is clearly evident with your first puff if the day, at least for me, where I get an amazing throat hit after not vaping for 4-8 hours. Then the noticeability of it decreases until I feel nothing for the rest if the day. I vape at around 70w though. For me the throat hit was never enough with eGos or V2s, and I couldn't keep off the smokes using them. So it may be worth while to invest in something a bit more robust.

Chrystalic

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Is it old juice?
Is it higher in VG than your 6mg juices?

Other than those 2 things, I don't know. I get plenty of TH from 10mg juice, even some that I have that are higher in VG.
Yeah, older e juice. But its the same thing with the new e cigs tho. But Jerus explained it to me so its fine

Chrystalic

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
By changing the equipment is where you lost the th. Less airflow produces more th.
its not just that, because ecigs used to get me the throat hit. opened a new pack of them, and they dont give me throat hit anymore. but its fine, jerus explained some stuff to me. thanks for the reply tho

Chrystalic

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unfortunately this is pretty much the norm with vaping(and most things your body comes in contact with). You could up your nic, play around with ratios and up your wattage til the cows come home, but in the end your throat will adjust to the feeling overtime and you will no longer receive the same sensation.
This is clearly evident with your first puff if the day, at least for me, where I get an amazing throat hit after not vaping for 4-8 hours. Then the noticeability of it decreases until I feel nothing for the rest if the day. I vape at around 70w though. For me the throat hit was never enough with eGos or V2s, and I couldn't keep off the smokes using them. So it may be worth while to invest in something a bit more robust.
alright, thanks for the comment. I dont have much money now, so getting something better than the istick 30w and aspire nautilus must wait.

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have an Istick 30 watts perfect collecting dust condition, pay shipping it's all urs, just to help you out

Vape On

stevegmu

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hey there :) When I first started vaping I was vaping on e-cigs with 18mg, and the throat hit was super nice. I later moved on, got myself a joyetech ego one, and then later an aspire nautilus tank + istick 30w combo. I started vaping with 6mg of nicotine instead, and there was no throat hit but I still enjoyed vaping. I used up all my e-juice except one that was 18mg and I had barely any throat hit what so ever. Used that up, started vaping on e-cigs that are 18mg that I used to get a lot of throat hit from. Im only doing this because im still waiting for my next supply of e-juices :) Now, Im not getting ANY throat hit what so ever from these e-cigs. Ive tried multiple, so its not just 1 that is faulty. Why is this? Have I built up some kind of resistance? Im usually vaping on 6mg, so obviously throat hit isnt that much of a big deal for me, but I find this extremly odd that im getting little to no throat hit from 18mg even though I used to when I started vaping. Can anyone out there explain this to me?

Some build up a tolerance to vaping, hence why some need more and more power to get a good vape. E-liquid plays a large role in throat hit. High PG, high nic gives me far more of a throat hit than high power, low nic, low PG. I get great throat hit at 7 watts with 24mg/ml, high PG e-liquid...

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Some build up a tolerance to vaping, hence why some need more and more power to get a good vape. E-liquid plays a large role in throat hit. High PG, high nic gives me far more of a throat hit than high power, low nic, low PG. I get great throat hit at 7 watts with 24mg/ml, high PG e-liquid...

tumblr_nypm1ceISs1ursrfao1_500_zpsjhgtqsuz.jpg

http://vapingunderground.com/threads/mr-magoo-our-resident-troll.187451/#post-900441

VU Sponsors