Become a Patron!

No friends!

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So basically, yeah, I have no friends. Not looking for a pity party... just some people to chat with. Most of the time I'm fine. I have two kids, ages 5 and 2, so I can't really get out often and my lady works nights.

About 5 years ago, my ex and I separated... found out all my friends were replaced with hers. Never really recovered because of the current situation. The few I do have are busy with their young ones or are off doing non-parent things. AND none of them vape!

Anyway, anyone else in this type of situation? Like I said, no pity party. Partly venting but mostly just looking for a good convo or two.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
Welcome to VU @ jmoney426. I'm sure you will find many new vape friends here. We are all pretty much family in here. Good luck my new friend :)

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S5 Dumbphone

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Welcome to VU @ jmoney426. I'm sure you will find many new vape friends here. We are all pretty much family in here. Good luck my new friend :)

Thanks very much! I'm sure I'll have much to talk about here soon. Despite swearing not to buy more gear and even starting a thread stating that very thing, I bought an Evic-VT from GearBest. Just had to give TC a shot at $54!

Thanks very much! I'm sure I'll have much to talk about here soon. Despite swearing not to buy more gear and even starting a thread stating that very thing, I bought an Evic-VT from GearBest. Just had to give TC a shot at $54!

Where did you find one for 56 bro
The ones i can find are 85 just for the boxmod or 105 for the complete kit

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
I've been considering the evic vt but been loving my sx m sp much. I do like the 5000 mah battery. How do you like it?

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oh I haven't gotten it yet. It'll be probably be a few weeks since I ordered it from GearBest. They have it for $60 right now with the code "joevicvt" It was cheaper on Monday but they've killed that sale since

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
@jmoney426, you're in the right place for friends that vape! Lots of people here, with kids, without kids, and with interests other than vape stuff, too. We're a big family here.

pete67

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
jmoney426 I think everyone on this forum as family. We are all here to make new friends and learn about vaping.

Heather

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hi and Welcome !:) In the PIF section if a box starts I would suggest joining it. I have met great people through those experiences. I just got into temperature control too and love it. Make sure you ordered the ni or ti coils. Its amazing in my opinion. What are you using now?

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks for the warm welcomes! My main setup is a Sig100 with a Derringer right now. I love it, but those dry hits are always plaguing me in the back of my mind. I definitely plan on picking up some nickel wire

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
So basically, yeah, I have no friends. Not looking for a pity party... just some people to chat with. Most of the time I'm fine. I have two kids, ages 5 and 2, so I can't really get out often and my lady works nights.

About 5 years ago, my ex and I separated... found out all my friends were replaced with hers. Never really recovered because of the current situation. The few I do have are busy with their young ones or are off doing non-parent things. AND none of them vape!

Anyway, anyone else in this type of situation? Like I said, no pity party. Partly venting but mostly just looking for a good convo or two.

Yes I am in the same situation, I am a brit who moved to the US to marry and live with my wife, so left all my friends behind, and as I came to the US and went straight into family life, never got out and about to meet people.

Forums been a big part of my social life since moving here, my wife is my best friend, but all need someone else to talk too :)

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yes I am in the same situation, I am a brit who moved to the US to marry and live with my wife, so left all my friends behind, and as I came to the US and went straight into family life, never got out and about to meet people.

Forums been a big part of my social life since moving here, my wife is my best friend, but all need someone else to talk too :)
It really seems I came to the right place. I lurk quite a bit, despite having been a member for about a year. I post from time to time but only when I feel I can add to the discussion with experience and knowledge.

Nice to meet you!

Heather

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
It really seems I came to the right place. I lurk quite a bit, despite having been a member for about a year. I post from time to time but only when I feel I can add to the discussion with experience and knowledge.

Nice to meet you!

That's what i did too, lurked a long time. I have heard that the Nickel wire is tricky to work with so do your homework. There are a lot of great people on this forum.

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
When I started with nickle I used 30 Guage and hated it. 28 was a bit easier to work with but 26 WOW is that awesome to use. Highly recommend it for vapor and flavor

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That's great news! My local shop only has 26g nickel in stock!

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Breazy is everyone's friend lol. Anytime you need to talk just hit us up !
It's good to have frieeeeeeends...

Thanks, this really did the trick. Btw, any DIYers in here? I have a couple of good ones if anyone's interested

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Okay this is my ADV:
TPA Koolada .5%
TPA Sour 2%
CAP Sweet Strawberry 5%
CAP Sweet Watermelon 5%

I am seriously in love with this one

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Nice, refresshing and summery. Thanks jmoney!
You're welcome! I was really heavy into creams and custards for a while, but I'm gravitating to more fruit flavored these days without realizing it. Although, I do have a nice Vanilla Bourbon and Caramelized Pineapple recipes too.

DickyT

╭∩╮(-_-)╭∩╮
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Vanilla Bourbon sounds amazing! Too bad I don't DIY...

Hmmmm

Hello new vape friend!

Joshua Iles

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Well, I have no social life whatsoever and that's fine by me, I'm kinda a loner and I really don't get along with most people much anyway, lol, and I've been told I'm an asshole. But yeah, back on topic sometimes just having people to chat with is kinda nice. Glad u found vu and we're all kinda misfits anyways I think. I know I am, of course in my line of work if I were sane I wouldn't be very good at it lol. Welcome and enjoy your stay.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
As an overnight worker in the retail business, I have little to no social life either. I'm always working weekends, and holidays so it's nice to have a place like VU to hang out, and converse with others who share my interest in vaping.

DickyT

╭∩╮(-_-)╭∩╮
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I've been told I'm an asshole.

I get called a dick frequently. It is the root word in my online screen name though, so there must be some validity to it.... lol

Hey! it's just Ray...

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
As your little ones get a little older you sign them up for sports and even BMX racing and you'll have all the 3 dimensional friends you could ever want.

But that will turn into a phony cult/church like group sooner or later and you'll end up running like hell.

Then pick up an instrument and learn how to play and join a band or start one and you'll be stocked up on 3 dimensional friends all over again.

That pretty much sums up a big part of my life story with no (for the most part) regrets.

Last edited:

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I think of this as a giant island of misfit toys.
My close friends all gone way of the moving and married route, now if they were not half a nation away or had wifes that were cool things would be a bit different.
But then again after my injury in 99 I got to see who the real friends were.

Heather

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I also DIY, just started a couple months ago. I will try your recipe it sounds good. Thanks

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
As your little ones get a little older you sign them up for sports and even BMX racing and you'll have all the 3 dimensional friends you could ever want.

But that will turn into a phony cult/church like group sooner or later and you'll end up running like hell.

Then pick up an instrument and learn how to play and join a band or start one and you'll be stocked up on 3 dimensional friends all over again.

That pretty much sums up a big part of my life story with no (for the most part) regrets.
I've gotten a taste of that kind of stuff with the whole PTA thing at my son's school. Scary!

Funny, I used to play sax in a band with my father, the drummer. I sang a bit as well (my vocals drastically improved after switching to vaping!). I quit last November because my better half is getting her bachelors degree. More time with the kiddos for me!

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think of this as a giant island of misfit toys.
My close friends all gone way of the moving and married route, now if they were not half a nation away or had wifes that were cool things would be a bit different.
But then again after my injury in 99 I got to see who the real friends were.

Sorry to hear that. I found out who mine were after my separation/ divorce. A friend of mine since first grade wound up pursuing my ex. Dirty pool...

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Sorry to hear that. I found out who mine were after my separation/ divorce. A friend of mine since first grade wound up pursuing my ex. Dirty pool...

Yep the divorce to the batshit crazy one did not hurt as much as the relationship did.

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oh and just by chance, anyone here ever order from GearBest? I normally order from Fasttech, so I'm used to waiting for items to actually be dispatched. Joe's deal said the Evic-VT was IN STOCK, but 4 days later GB still hasn't shipped it. FT does a much better job keeping a customer informed.

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Oh and just by chance, anyone here ever order from GearBest? I normally order from Fasttech, so I'm used to waiting for items to actually be dispatched. Joe's deal said the Evic-VT was IN STOCK, but 4 days later GB still hasn't shipped it. FT does a much better job keeping a customer informed.

Used them once, not again, order from China you expect to wait, but Gearbest lie about their ship dates and customer service sucks bad.

I ordered a chalice from them, said 3-5 days to ship, on the 7th day it hadn't shipped, so contacted them, 2 days later they replied the shipping option was wrong I choose (so why could I choose it then), so asked them to change it to something else so it could ship, they said ok, now your order will ship in 3-5 days o_O I did get it, but took about a month total to get it, to just find one of the posts stripped out of the box, so went straight in the trash.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
My experience with Gearbest:
3 weeks to my door, no updates whatsoever. Got exactly what I ordered in great condition.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I'll also note that I was able to access info from their site, not my email.

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Interesting... so just wait. Should have paid the extra and had it in my hand this week.

I actually opened a ticket to see if I could switch from the black version to white. They told me that I would have to pay the price difference to switch colors ($60 more!). I instantly gave up knowing that the logic isn't there to even get through to them.

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
After writing my last post, I seemed to have gotten a little heated. I just opened a ticket with GB to cancel my order. Eciggity has the mod only for $60 and free shipping. Totally worth the extra cash to get it in a reasonable amount of time in the color I want.

DickyT

╭∩╮(-_-)╭∩╮
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Funny how they don't get crazy until after the nuptials, right? Ugh

In my case it was after child birth. 11 years of normal happy relationship, 7 of it married. Kid is born and she has not been the same since. We are still together and I tolerate her... kind of... lol

Yeah, I still love her, but she certainly is a different person.

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah I've noticed that with both my baby mamas. Tired all the time, emotional, and lack of THAT drive?

DickyT

╭∩╮(-_-)╭∩╮
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yeah I've noticed that with both my baby mamas. Tired all the time, emotional, and lack of THAT drive?

For lack of better terms, to the tee!

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Glad it's not just me, but I'm sorry that's your situation as well. I wonder if there isn't some kind of hormone therapy or something to help them(us!).

VU Sponsors