Become a Patron!

Nimbus rda and the tesla sidewinder 1

I'm am relatively new to vamping so I just ordered a random rda and a random battery. The problem is after looking around I found out that lower resistance rda's can short circuit battery's if the resistance is to low for the battery. Do any of you know if the sidewinder is in danger being attached to the nimbus, which operates at 1.4 omhs? Also is their anyway to raise the resistance to a safe level and still be able to get a good hit?

martinelias

Silver Contributor
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
You pretty much decide the resistance on an rda by building one suitable to your device.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I don't know how low the battery is rated, the side winder is one unit (with a non replaceable battery). I believe it is just a big vv battery, like an ego on steroids. The 1.4 Ohm Nimbus should not be an issue, a 0.14 Ohm Nimbus build will be a problem. If you are looking to Sub-Ohm, get an Aspire CF battery (good to 0.3 ohms), or a regulated 50w upwards mod.

I just found out the ohms are determined by the coil used. Since I found that out can anyone tell me the safe ohms for a sidewinder and what kind of wire to achieve that ohm lv

kingworm

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
if thats not the model you have look around the site for your model

VU Sponsors