Nicotine River Updates

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Did anyone else get this ridiculous email today? Look who I'm asking, if any of you have ever ordered from Nicotine River, of course you did. More ludicrous FDA bullshit....
In part, here's the gist:

Liquid Nicotine Vegetable Glycerin Flavor Extracts

IMPORTANT UPDATES

Here are some quick updates and explanations to current and future changes at Nicotine River. Our goal is to stay as complaint as possible while doing the best we can to serve our loyal clients. We have been notified by the DOT (Department of Transportation) and the FAA (Federal Aviation Administration) of the following changes.

1. Liquid nicotine with strengths of 60mg - 250mg are considered a Class 6.1 Toxic - Packing Group lll and have to be shipped exclusively as Hazmat by the DOT (Department of Transportation). These items CANNOT be shipped through USPS or Fedex under any circumstances and with no exceptions. These strengths are not allowed to be shipped express or overnight and UPS GROUND is the only option. What does this mean for you as a customer? You will need to plan your orders ahead as we are unable to expedite services any longer. Also, be aware that by adding one “Hazmat” tagged item to your cart means the only offered shipping method will be UPS Ground. If there are no Hazmat tagged items in your cart then it is business as usual.

To summarize this paragraph,

- 60mg - 250mg liquid nicotine can only be shipped UPS GROUND with no exceptions

- Example: You can add 50 items in your cart but if 60mg 100mg or 250mg is apart of it the only shipping option that will show is UPS GROUND

- 48mg liquid nicotine and below is business as usual and can be shipped any way you choose

- There are no additional Hazmat Fees in addition to UPS Ground Charge

2. It has been brought to our attention that a tremendous amount of the flavors by the Flavor Apprentice and Capella that we resell are considered flammable in the eyes of the DOT and the FAA. Similar to the higher strengths of liquid nicotine, these flammable flavors are not allowed to be shipped express or overnight and UPS GROUND is the only option. Adding any “Hazmat” tagged flavor to your cart will show “UPS Ground” as the only shipping option. Please see the list of Hazmat FlavorsHERE

*We are considering eliminating these flavors all together to save us from these troubles - please kindly respond with your thoughts!

- Flammable flavors can only be shipped UPS GROUND with no exceptions

- If there are no Hazmat tagged flavors in your cart that all normal shipping rates will show

- Example: You can add 50 flavors in your cart but if one flavor is marked as Flammable the only shipping option that will show is UPS GROUND

- There are no additional Hazmat Fees in addition to UPS Ground charge

THESE CHANGES ARE NOT OUR CHOICE. THESE ARE THE LAWS AND THE PENALTIES AND FINES ARE SEVERE FOR NOT FOLLOWING THE ABOVE SHIPPING GUIDELINES

IF THERE ARE OTHER VENDORS THAT RESELL THESE FLAVORS OR CARRYING THESE NICOTINE STRENGTHS AND HAVE NOT MADE THESE CHANGES YET - THEY WILL SOON OR GET HEAVILY FINED - TRUST US

***Etc, etc, bullshit, yada, yada.....

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think they're taking a cue from pending regs. They seemed to deliver just fine without hazmat training before. But what do I know?

Rabbit Slayer

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
So they are banning 60mg+ from everything but UPS but then claim a few lines down that 48mg is the highest they can sell with out being forced to use UPS

they posted no source to these "regulations"

but does anyone here really believe 60mg nicotine is not toxic?

RonJS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
They seemed to deliver just fine without hazmat training before. But what do I know?

Since I also have a Hazmat endorsement to my CDL-AM driver's license, nothing significant has changed for my delivering your medium to large orders. I will probably now need to placard the trailer(s) though.

Ron
---
"I am a road man for the lords of karma."- Hunter S. Thompson

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Since I also have a Hazmat endorsement to my CDL-AM driver's license, nothing significant has changed for my delivering your medium to large orders. I will probably now need to placard the trailer(s) though.

Ron
---
"I am a road man for the lords of karma."- Hunter S. Thompson
Always my light at the end of the tunnel, aren't ya buddy? :D

Swerved

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Another thing they mentioned is their PG and VG prices were being lowered,.. I did like that part. A gallon of VG is $13.99 now and a gallon of PG is $18.99... At NudeNic it's almost twice that. Might have to try it out.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I live only to serve you. :devil:

Ron
---
"Anything worth doing is worth overdoing."- Mick Jagger
Oh....well then...carry on....

gFVJkqi.gif

rchmx

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Any current coupon codes for NR? (Yep, got these emails. It is what is is, I guess).

MysticRose

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
They got caught and fined huge for not following hazmat with shipping. Liquid Nicotine Wholesalers is doing the same thing,,nothing over 48mg in air tavel. Many will be following also, or wait until they get fined.

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
They got caught and fined huge for not following hazmat with shipping. Liquid Nicotine Wholesalers is doing the same thing,,nothing over 48mg in air tavel. Many will be following also, or wait until they get fined.

So, if I wanted it shipped overseas it would have to go by boat?

MysticRose

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
So, if I wanted it shipped overseas it would have to go by boat?
I'm not sure, I don't know about customs or how that works. In the US here it's because of the FDA, which isn't implemented in other countries. So I believe other rules apply for you. Most suppliers I have seen has started with the same policies. Not sure if they were caught or just notified of the changes and are complying. Most want to be FDA compliant so they can continue to sell.

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm not sure, I don't know about customs or how that works. In the US here it's because of the FDA, which isn't implemented in other countries. So I believe other rules apply for you. Most suppliers I have seen has started with the same policies. Not sure if they were caught or just notified of the changes and are complying. Most want to be FDA compliant so they can continue to sell.

Thanks. I'll contact some vendors.

RonJS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Did anyone else get this ridiculous email today? .

I got this one today...:popcorn:

"Those of you who have been with us since the beginning know we have expanded and grown quite rapidly. We are about to say goodbye to our 2nd warehouse. We are moving into a much larger facility and introducing even better, top of the line machines, cleanrooms and processes. Along with this, our capabilities will be expanded, allowing us to offer you an even more improved and expedited service!

Our official move date is this Friday, May 12th. We will be shutting down operations on Thursday, May 11th at 12pm and will resume normal business hours (in our new facility) on Monday, May 15th. We will do our very best to ship out every order that is placed on or before noon on the 11th. Please be patient with us with orders placed after that time. We are preparing for a busy Monday and will be doing our very best to stay on track with orders coming in over the weekend. "

Ron
----
"Persuade thyself that imperfection and inconvenience are the natural lot of mortals, and there will be no room for discontent, neither for despair."- Ieyasu Tokugawa

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I got this one today...:popcorn:

"Those of you who have been with us since the beginning know we have expanded and grown quite rapidly. We are about to say goodbye to our 2nd warehouse. We are moving into a much larger facility and introducing even better, top of the line machines, cleanrooms and processes. Along with this, our capabilities will be expanded, allowing us to offer you an even more improved and expedited service!

Our official move date is this Friday, May 12th. We will be shutting down operations on Thursday, May 11th at 12pm and will resume normal business hours (in our new facility) on Monday, May 15th. We will do our very best to ship out every order that is placed on or before noon on the 11th. Please be patient with us with orders placed after that time. We are preparing for a busy Monday and will be doing our very best to stay on track with orders coming in over the weekend. "

Ron
----
"Persuade thyself that imperfection and inconvenience are the natural lot of mortals, and there will be no room for discontent, neither for despair."- Ieyasu Tokugawa
I need to check my email for that one...
I wonder if they'll expand to another location besides CA, that would expedite shipping for a lot of people.

RonJS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I wonder if they'll expand to another location besides CA, that would expedite shipping for a lot of people.

I left off the part of the email from them that discussed the timetable for their walk in business. I was thinking you wouldn't be interested. :)

Ron
---
"The universe is a big place, perhaps the biggest."- Kurt Vonnegut

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I left off the part of the email from them that discussed the timetable for their walk in business. I was thinking you wouldn't be interested. :)

Ron
---
"The universe is a big place, perhaps the biggest."- Kurt Vonnegut
Nah, not that I wouldn't benefit from a walk from Tennessee to Cali, but...well...you know....
Lol!

RonJS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
but...well...you know....

I understand now! :rolleyes: You had insider information of...
-----
To our valued and loyal customers,
We understand shipping has been a big hurdle over the last couples months. With that being said we believe we have worked out all of the kinks. We now offer,

FREE DOMESTIC SHIPPING ON ALL ORDERS OVER $50.00!

Thank you all very much for your support and have a fantastic week.

Sincerely,
Nicotine River Team
----

I wish they would feel even worse regarding their past shipping problems. :facepalm:

Heck in Dec. 2015 I took advantage of their then free shipping offer with No Minimum order amount.

Ron
---
"Knowledge is of no value unless you put it into practice."- Anton Chekhov

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Still in Cali, but I deleted the email so I can't say for sure.

RonJS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Still in Cali, but I deleted the email so I can't say for sure.

Here's the good part...:)

---
For those of you concerned with In-Store Pick-up, please come before noon on Thursday, May 11th. We will be up and running again on Monday, May 15th and would love for you to drop by to check out our new warehouse! Please give us a courtesy call before you come, allowing us time to double check that your order has been fulfilled. Our new address is,

1825 Surveyor Rd. Unit 103, Simi Valley, CA, 93063

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Here's the good part...:)

---
For those of you concerned with In-Store Pick-up, please come before noon on Thursday, May 11th. We will be up and running again on Monday, May 15th and would love for you to drop by to check out our new warehouse! Please give us a courtesy call before you come, allowing us time to double check that your order has been fulfilled. Our new address is,

1825 Surveyor Rd. Unit 103, Simi Valley, CA, 93063
Yeah, that sounds familiar... :rolleyes:
Still a bit far to walk.

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
did you all read their latest email. Says they got shipping under control now and apologizes for the past and all orders over $50 ship free domestically or something like that

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
did you all read their latest email. Says they got shipping under control now and apologizes for the past and all orders over $50 ship free domestically or something like that
I sure hope so. When I first started ordering from them over a year ago, ship times were great - and minimally priced. Then one day I turned in an order and suddenly it cost almost as much to ship as it did to buy the product. And anything they've sent via FedEx was mangled by the time it got to my front door. I've sent them pictures of gooey boxes, broken caps, illegible wet labels - and begged them to please use another means of shipment. They made it right, but it never should have happened to start with. Then ship times went to 1-2 weeks from Cali. I can have something here from friends in England in less time.
So yeah, I really do hope they've ironed out some of the issues, because it might get me back to ordering from them more often.

RonJS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
When I first started ordering from them over a year ago, ship times were great - and minimally priced. Then one day I turned in an order and suddenly it cost almost as much to ship as it did to buy the product. And anything they've sent via FedEx was mangled by the time it got to my front door. I've sent them pictures of gooey boxes, broken caps, illegible wet labels - and begged them to please use another means of shipment. They made it right, but it never should have happened to start with. Then ship times went to 1-2 weeks from Cali. I can have something here from friends in England in less time.
So yeah, I really do hope they've ironed out some of the issues, because it might get me back to ordering from them more often.

Mebbe by July 1....?

(In today's email inbox)
---
SHIPPING DELAY

Dear Nicotine River Clients,
Good afternoon! We want to thank you for all of the orders that were placed for Memorial weekend Due to the overwhelmingly high response to our 16% off deal, we wanted to remind everyone that processing times will be slightly longer than normal. We will be caught up on orders by Wednesday of this week. Thank you in advance for your understanding and patience. We will continue to work hard to keep earning your loyalty and business. As always, feel free to provide any feedback. We love hearing what you have to say! Our goal by July 1st is to be shipping same day on all orders before 2pm PST to really speed things up and keep things consistent.
Have a great weekend everyone!
Thank you,

Nicotine River Team

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Mebbe by July 1....?

(In today's email inbox)
---
SHIPPING DELAY

Dear Nicotine River Clients,
Good afternoon! We want to thank you for all of the orders that were placed for Memorial weekend Due to the overwhelmingly high response to our 16% off deal, we wanted to remind everyone that processing times will be slightly longer than normal. We will be caught up on orders by Wednesday of this week. Thank you in advance for your understanding and patience. We will continue to work hard to keep earning your loyalty and business. As always, feel free to provide any feedback. We love hearing what you have to say! Our goal by July 1st is to be shipping same day on all orders before 2pm PST to really speed things up and keep things consistent.
Have a great weekend everyone!
Thank you,

Nicotine River Team
Oh dear.... :facepalm:

RonJS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'd die of cardiac arrest before I made it out of Kentucky!!!

I'm thinking it's one of those things you have to build up to. With determination and perseverance; I am confident you will soon be strolling to the INW factory to pick up your order in person. :bliss:

Ron
---
"Anything that gets your blood racing is probably worth doing."- Hunter S. Thompson

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
:zombie:.... There she goes.... Lol!

I'm thinking it's one of those things you have to build up to. With determination and perseverance; I am confident you will soon be strolling to the INW factory to pick up your order in person. :bliss:

Ron
---
"Anything that gets your blood racing is probably worth doing."- Hunter S. Thompson

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I placed an order Sunday filled with nicotine and flammable flavors! lol it's now Tuesday and they haven't debited my checking yet. (Bank shows it'll pull tomorrow) I also haven't received any shipping emails. So with ups ground as the only option, looks like I won't get my order until next week. :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I placed an order Sunday filled with nicotine and flammable flavors! lol it's now Tuesday and they haven't debited my checking yet. (Bank shows it'll pull tomorrow) I also haven't received any shipping emails. So with ups ground as the only option, looks like I won't get my order until next week. :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Like they weren't slow enough... :facepalm:

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
well thats why theres bullcity
and if your on the the east coast so are they so shipping time for east coast is a day to 3 quicker for bull city versus nicotine river
but if your on the west coast the opposite will hold true

oh and dont forget vu6 for 6% off at bullcity

and for east coast located nicotine
chemnic has nicotine that i find is the same quality as nicotine river

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I get orders from ECX in Washington just as quickly as I get them from Bull City in North Carolina, and I'm in Tennessee...go figure.
So if ECX can ship that quickly, NR can too.

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
thats wierd
i know frmo personal experience
california to md or vice versa
3 business days in transit for priority mail
5 business days for usps parcel selct
5-7 business days for ups ground or fedex ground

done shipments of the same item form the same place via all those services multiple times

if it ships monday from cali i get it
Prioirty mail - usually thursday but sometimes wednesday
parcel select sometimes friday usually saturday Occasionally the next Monday
fedex or ups ground - the next monday or tuesday

now I dont know about fedex smart post or any other methods

I do know usps parcel select is almost always the cheapest unless it is something small that will fit in a priority mail small flat rate box anything under 2 pounds and no dimension over 12" priority mail will be about the same price maybe a dollar or so more then parcel select. after a dimension hits 12" then priority mail is about the same price at times as UPS/FEDex ground many times but still often times cheaper,

How does your stuff from ECX get shipped?

Now theres also the matter of how long from teh time they get an order until it gets out the door that matters too

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
First class from ECX - I never pay for priority unless there is no other option. And I always have orders from The Flavor Place in PA within three days, sometimes two.

VU Sponsors