Become a Patron!

Nicotine additive vs original

STX

Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
Okay so let me explain the situation for you. You know those little nicotine additive tubes that you use to increase the nicotine strength of your ejuice right?

Do they drastically change the flavor and harshness of the juice compared to say what a major manufacturer uses?

For example, say I buy a 6mg juice and increase it to 12mg with nic additive, would the result be any different than if the original company made a 12mg version of that juice?

Has anyone bought a 3mg and bumped it up cause they were out of 6mg only to find that the companies version of 6mg is better?

I think you all understand where I’m going with this, Let me know your thoughts and experience with nic additive. Thanks!!!

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
I can't say since I don't knw the product. I could look into it but you already have and are. I'm thinking they aren't going to say what's in their product.
But as usual, I have another synopsis.
I think your moving to a more RDL than MTL which would mean lower than 35mg, but even if MTL you can still use freebase (reg) nic. Then make juice whatever strength you want.
Then, a few flavors, PG and VG, and your not buying juice + making it the strength you want.
But you could add that freebase to any juice. Stock up on it, it may cost an arm and a leg soon - it's in the works - and that's going to put a big damper on retail sales and getting it. Already has closed some nic etailers to the public.

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Upping the nic can increase throat hit. Drastically would be, now much increase and personal perception imo.
With DIY you have some control of that.

You looking to lower some new nic from 35mg? but can only get a certain mg and you want to increase it? Or trying to increase 35mg, which doesn't make sense since you could just get higher nic salt...

Last edited:

STX

Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
Adding the nic shot will also dilute the flavorings. That would affect the taste.
That's kinda what I figured. I think that I'm going to start making my own eliquid. It seems simple enough, I just don't want to make a bunch of garbage juice. Guess I'll start small and make larger amounts once I get the flavors that I like down.

This whole vaping thing is really sucking me in and I love it. I started with disposables and now I'm making my own coils, next stop eliquid town!!!

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
That's kinda what I figured. I think that I'm going to start making my own eliquid. It seems simple enough, I just don't want to make a bunch of garbage juice. Guess I'll start small and make larger amounts once I get the flavors that I like down.

This whole vaping thing is really sucking me in and I love it. I started with disposables and now I'm making my own coils, next stop eliquid town!!!
Welcome to the rabbit hole lol!

There’s lots of recipes here in the forum & on Eliquid recipes dot com. Get recommendation until you find a recipe creator you like to start.

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Adding the nic shot will also dilute the flavorings. That would affect the taste.
That could be a good thing... most pre-made juices are too strong flavor and too sweet anyway.
It really sounds like you are close to being ready for DIY. Get some nic now... everything else should be easy to get later on. If you do some searching, there are some "clone" recipes out there that can help you duplicate your fav juices.

VU Sponsors