Become a Patron!

Nicoroshi checking in

Nicoroshi

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
My story mimics many others but I will share it anyway (Cliff's notes version).

I WAS a smoker for 29 years of my life. A pack or more a day addict. Tried to quit for myself, for my wife, for my kids, for my future grand kids. The patch, the gum, cold turkey, and even tried the cig-a-likes from my local gas station. I always fell back into my old routine. I had accepted that I was going to smoke until it finally killed me from heart failure or cancer.

The cig-a-likes I tried didn't produce enough vapor (for me), tasted terrible, and had horrible battery life.
Then I saw larger battery e-cigs with replaceable juice in a multitude of flavors that produced more vapor.
I had to try again.
Bought an MVP, and some clearomizers from the local smoke shop along with some 18mg juice in some different flavors. Spent that night figuring out how to load juice, and messing with the vv/vw settings. Just figuring out this new thing.

I smoked my last cigarette the very next day Feb 18,2014 at 9am (break time at work for me).
When I came out for lunch break I toked on my MVP instead of having a smoke. I had my doubts so in addition to the 4 cigarettes I had in my pack I had bought a fresh pack that morning thinking that this was just another waste of money, and I would fail yet again to stop smoking.
My co-worker bummed a couple cigarettes from me at lunch which left 2 in the open pack.
At the end of my work day I walked to my car in the parking garage with my co-worker who asked to bum another smoke as I vaped.
I handed him the open pack I carried in my shirt pocket. He tried to give it back to me with the last cigarette in it, and I told him to keep it. He exclaimed, "Your lighter is still in here".
I said, "I know, and you can keep that too. I won't be needing it anymore".
I knew right then that vaping handled my craving for cigarettes like nothing before could.
I have not smoked a cigarette since.

Wow!
If someone told me that I could drop a 29 year bad habit in one day I would have called them crazy.
Regained my sense of smell, and taste. Lost the morning cough. No more out of breath at the top of a few flights of stairs. Quit drinking soda (I was also firmly addicted to diet pepsi when I was smoking). Vaping made me crave water instead.
I never realized water had a flavor when I was smoking.
I never realized how bad I smelled to other people when I was smoking.
I never realized I had not actually been tasting my food for the last 29 years when I was smoking.

Now I lavish in the flavors of my food, I breathe easy when I go to sleep (no more lung butter), I can smell a cigarette from more than 100 feet away, and can pick out the smokers in a crowd from about 7-10 feet away.

I get more kisses from my wife ;)

Vaping saved my life, made the life of my family better, gave me a new hobby (I make my own juice, DIY DNA30 mods, and rebuildable attys).

I am proud to say I am a vaper, and I am happy to be here to contribute to others that wish to quit smoking like I did.
(BTW: I have converted about a half dozen smokers to vaping in the short time I have been cigarette free).

VU Sponsors