Become a Patron!

Nickel or Kanthal ?

OE Burntpiston

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
About to get my first RDA and was wondering wich wire was best for flavor or clouds? What wire and coil design some of you may be using? I have built some for my Triton RTA but not real satisfied, so I want to try dripping.

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Maybe nickel if your mod has TC..if not then use kanthel...
I use a dual 24g Kanthel build for good clouds....

sent from my XT1080 via Tapatalk

VapingN252

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I suggest some low resistance alloy. Nothing wrong with kanthal, but you can get better flavor and clouds. Nothing wrong with nickel, but not everyone has tc. If your device can fire low, I recommend a specialty wire. I normally won't recommend that until I tried some. Love it.

OE Burntpiston

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I thought thoes were the only 2 untill i did some looking around on the build forum. Now there is titanium, stainless and probably alot more that i haven't heard of. I have an eVic TC so i can go low. I'm going to do some more looking around here to see what people are using. There's alot of info to sift through.

Dark Laughter

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I thought thoes were the only 2 untill i did some looking around on the build forum. Now there is titanium, stainless and probably alot more that i haven't heard of. I have an eVic TC so i can go low. I'm going to do some more looking around here to see what people are using. There's alot of info to sift through.
If this is your first time working with Temp control I would use Titanium you can do contact coils with it and it's not as soft as Ni now if this is your first build ever and you have no idea what you're doing avoid it all together and stick with Wattage mode and Kanthal do a lot of research on it first and please don't blow yourself up!

ren.dnb

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
If this is your first time working with Temp control I would use Titanium you can do contact coils with it and it's not as soft as Ni now if this is your first build ever and you have no idea what you're doing avoid it all together and stick with Wattage mode and Kanthal do a lot of research on it first and please don't blow yourself up!

^^ This.... I tried Ni and hated it. If your mod has Ti mode, awesome! If not, then you'll have to adjust your temp by about 100 degrees or so. But as said above, start off with kanthal then work your way up to titanium. I started off hand wrapping, then I bought a coil master tool kit that came with one of their coil tools. Makes excellent contact coils!

Dark Laughter

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
^^ This.... I tried Ni and hated it. If your mod has Ti mode, awesome! If not, then you'll have to adjust your temp by about 100 degrees or so. But as said above, start off with kanthal then work your way up to titanium. I started off hand wrapping, then I bought a coil master tool kit that came with one of their coil tools. Makes excellent contact coils!
he said he has the e-Vic Vt so it has Ti temp control!

thewanderernick

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
i like twisted flat nickle wire with kanthal. i think they call it tiger wire

OE Burntpiston

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Still yet to order rda but i did buy a nickle coil for my espire triton today. The flavors see muted compared to the stainless steel and thats with the temp set to 600. So what is Ti mode, right now im using Ni mode. Sorry I have lots of questions, I've been using evic twist with single and dual coils for years until recently.

Last edited:

Number3124

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Still yet to order rda but i did buy a nickle coil for my espire triton today. The flavors see muted compared to the stainless steel and thats with the temp set to 600. So what is Ti mode, right now im using Ni mode. Sorry I have lots of questions, I've been using evic twist with single and dual coils for years until recently.

Elemental symbols.

Nickel = Ni
Titanium = Ti

OE Burntpiston

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
That's what i thought. I think this thread has taken a turn from building question to general use. My apologies

VU Sponsors