Become a Patron!

Nichrome vs. Kanthal

vape.queen

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Pros and con's? Thoughts? Experiences? Thanks!

Chainvapor

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Pros of kanthal......can use the same build for months. Easy to work with. Cons....less flavor and higher ohm rating.

Nichrome pros...more surface area for better flavor and bigger clouds. Cons.....cannot dry burn without "popping" your atty so once your build gets nasty, you have to rebuild.

Hope that helps ya.

vape.queen

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
That totally helps! I think I'm gonna stick with the kanthal. I've seen a few ppl post on here that they swear by the nichrome so it piqued my curiosity. Thanks!

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'm afraid that if I goto nichrome i won't want to use kanthal again lol.. I'm happy with my current setup and flavor - if i switch and its way better - i'll be spoiled and won't be able to step back down lol.. maybe eventually I'll try it - but I'll stick with kanthal for awhile

vape.queen

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm afraid that if I goto nichrome i won't want to use kanthal again lol.. I'm happy with my current setup and flavor - if i switch and its way better - i'll be spoiled and won't be able to step back down lol.. maybe eventually I'll try it - but I'll stick with kanthal for awhile
Haha! I feel the same way! I use juice that's the highest VG content possible so I'm already needing to make new coils once or twice a week.

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Haha! I feel the same way! I use juice that's the highest VG content possible so I'm already needing to make new coils once or twice a week.

Yea thats part of the reason I went back down to either 50/50 or 70vg blends.. it was just too much of a pain and with custards they gunk up even quicker so combined with the high vg it was more of a nuisance than anything constantly changing out wicks

vape.queen

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Well for some reason I can't vape with too much PG... It messes me up! I think I'm either allergic or sensitive to it. Sucks right? Oh I had another question: anyone ever play around with ribbon wire? I saw rip tripper do a twisted build with it combining it with kanthal... I will find the vid so u can see it..but I have some, and was just curious what you guys know or think about it. Thanks!

vape.queen

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Here it is: 22 Gauge Flat Kanthal:

vape.queen

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
This guy cracks me up! He's like the epitome of what we call fucktarded haha!

vape.queen

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
And to top it off...someone married him! Lol

Number3124

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
He's batshit crazy, but I'm not to proud it admit that I learned a lot from his tutorials.

vape.queen

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
He's batshit crazy, but I'm not to proud it admit that I learned a lot from his tutorials.
I learned a lot from him too man...plus his batshit craziness kept me fully engaged

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I learned a lot from him too man...plus his batshit craziness kept me fully engaged
More like awake.
Some reviewers like shill fatlardo drone on in a monotone voice and add nothing until the very end.

Xhalin

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
He's good with the cam too- nothing more annoying than some who proudly posts stuff up that gives you a headache because they have no clue about how to get proper focus.

Number3124

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
He's good with the cam too- nothing more annoying than some who proudly posts stuff up that gives you a headache because they have no clue about how to get proper focus.

He's also good at building on screen. That's hard to do.

vape.queen

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yeah, his editing, his building, and his entertaining nature really help me out when I'm trying to learn a new build. There are some dudes that are super boring...its like...you titled the video this, yet you haven't reached the point, lol

vape.queen

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I watched this Aussie dude's video that shows how to to build using that SS mesh and ekowool... Yeah, the process was soooooo long and tedious, it made me not even want to try it out

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
once you realize you have something round, wire and clippers... it is easier than tying your shoe.

Number3124

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah, his editing, his building, and his entertaining nature really help me out when I'm trying to learn a new build. There are some dudes that are super boring...its like...you titled the video this, yet you haven't reached the point, lol

Know exactly what you mean.

vape.queen

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
once you realize you have something round, wire and clippers... it is easier than tying your shoe.
Thanks bro. I have both ekowool and the ss sheets, but I've just been apprehensive to do it lol. One day...

vape.queen

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
But bignasty... Is it worth it?

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Rolling your own coils? YES.
I roll mom's in a parallel set up for her protank.
I am playing with a wrapped wire set up currently not sure if I like it or not, once you get the basics under your belt you start allowing yourself to play with trickier builds.

VU Sponsors