Become a Patron!

Nic?

bcr500

Member For 3 Years
I'm about to order some 100mg nicotine from nudenic and was wondering if I should get all 100% vg ? I want my mixes to come out around 80/20 vg/pg. I'm new to diy and I will be mixing deeks berry, game over custard, funfetti cake, strawberry quick,and cantaloupe ice cream.

bcr500

Member For 3 Years
Also I like smooth hits, no throat hits. I will also be mixing 3mg mixes. Maybe 6mg sometimes. Will all pg nicotine have a worse throat hit then all vg mixed at the same strength?

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
lol, ok, yes get the 100mg/ml VG, btw, it's PG first, VG second. so 20/80. At your levels, it makes no difference in throat hit.

bcr500

Member For 3 Years
I don't see no difference which way I say vg/pg as long as the point comes across right? I will try to remember that anyway so there's no more confusion. Like I said I'm new to diy and I'm trying to learn the basics. I have read about there being a difference in throat hits when it comes to nicotine and which carrier its suspended in. That why I asked. Thanks for the info.

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Just make sure you shake it up good whenever you use it. The nic itself will separate from the VG (PG also) and you can get hot spots where you are getting more nic than expected. Same with your flavors... Just get in a habit of whenever you touch a bottle give it a shake. This does not apply to soda pop or champagne...

bcr500

Member For 3 Years
Thanks for the info. I will be sure to shake it very well. I can't wait to start saving money and just feeling good about making something myself.

Igotvabies

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I would go with 100% vg to lessen the throat hit for sure. And of course lower nic levels will also keep the hits smooth and less harsh. I've been using vaperstek and it's pretty good. I think I'm going to try nude nicotine next

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
lol, ok, yes get the 100mg/ml VG, btw, it's PG first, VG second. so 20/80. At your levels, it makes no difference in throat hit.
I don't see no difference which way I say vg/pg as long as the point comes across right? I will try to remember that anyway so there's no more confusion. Like I said I'm new to diy and I'm trying to learn the basics. I have read about there being a difference in throat hits when it comes to nicotine and which carrier its suspended in. That why I asked. Thanks for the info.
I haven't seen any ISO, DIN, or any other acknowledged standards (including FDA's regulations), saying that PG is listed first, and VG second. Show me!

Last edited:

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
I'm about to order some 100mg nicotine from nudenic and was wondering if I should get all 100% vg ? I want my mixes to come out around 80/20 vg/pg. I'm new to diy and I will be mixing deeks berry, game over custard, funfetti cake, strawberry quick,and cantaloupe ice cream.
I'd say, it depends on the percentages of your flavors, you're utilizing. However, in order to go even further increase the VG level of your eJuice, you want to go with the VG.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
only thing is the Pg nic seems (to me) to be easier to mix with. In storage the nicotine will layer no matter which you get be sure to shake it real good before rebottling it and before using it.

Rabbit Slayer

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I haven't seen any ISO, DIN, or any other acknowledged standards (including FDA's regulations), saying that PG is listed first, and VG second. Show me!
NM, seems a bunch do use vg/pg :xD:

Last edited:

RonJS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I don't see no difference which way I say vg/pg as long as the point comes across right?

I agree!

Until the evil, capitalist bourgeoisie FDA mercilessly shackles the poor proletariat to the yoke of displaying it their way; we may do as we wish! :yes:

Saying pg/vg is often used by those who have been around for a while. A few years ago, because of the equipment available, wicking high VG juice in a tank was tough. Most of the juices made rarely had 50% or more vg. Saying pg/vg was much more common.

Ron
---
"Who are you going to believe, me or your own eyes?"- Groucho Marx

Igotvabies

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I agree!

Until the evil, capitalist bourgeoisie FDA mercilessly shackles the poor proletariat to the yoke of displaying it their way; we may do as we wish! :yes:

Saying pg/vg is often used by those who have been around for a while. A few years ago, because of the equipment available, wicking high VG juice in a tank was tough. Most of the juices made rarely had 50% or more vg. Saying pg/vg was much more common.

Ron
---
"Who are you going to believe, me or your own eyes?"- Groucho Marx
Big gov sucks yet again. Hate it

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
And because PG was used first in the vaping world, so Ive been told.
The VG came after...

Besides P comes before V anyway;).

But then again, others will disagree, just because they can...

Rabbit Slayer

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
And didn't vaping start out with PG only?

So it has seniority and the alphabet on its side

VU Sponsors