Become a Patron!

nic sick?

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
First off, please understand that I'm not blaming vaping. I have many "bad" habits, and don't exactly live a lifestyle that is the opitamy of health. I'm just curious. Lately im showing some signs on and off of nic o.d., I think. Increased heart rate, tingling in back of head, extremely restless. I just don't see how this is possible. I don't feel my nic intake is even close to "high". I know it varies for everyone but? I wound say in average I go thru 4-6 ml of 12mg on mouth to lung tanks, and 6-10 ml of 3 or 4mg on direct lung hit tanks. Just doesn't seem like that much to me?

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
What kind of gear are you using?

Please describe at length.

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Mouth to lung on mini nautilus. Usually around 10 to 13 watts. Kanger sub and arctic sub for direct lung. Usually around 25w. BAAl and mad hatter rda s, built around .5, usually around 40w, although they are new, and my total amount of dripping has not been much so far

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
One way to find out is to reduce your nic. Not much help, I know. But that's what worked for me. I'm a chain vaper.

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
One way to find out is to reduce your nic. Not much help, I know. But that's what worked for me. I'm a chain vaper.
Yea, I agree. But I have a lot of juice in a lot of different flavors. For me to get all of it in lower nic to mix would be a lot of $:(

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Well, you'd reduce the strength of the flavoring, but you could dilute with VG or PG or both?

Marcus Agrippa

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I was sick every day for weeks when i started. I had to go from 25mg to 12 because i chain vape all day.It could also be the flavorings. You might want to try some unflavored and see if it helps.

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
It's just mainly the heart rate thing, I guess that's why I was thinking it s the nic and not the flavoring. I know nic is different for everyone, but I was wondering if this seems like alot to others? (Amount stated above). How much nic are you guys going thru in a day?

Marcus Agrippa

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I use 5-10 milliliters a day. Always 12mg I always inhale it. I usually know im using too much when I hear ringing in my ears or get heartburn,headache..that sort of thing.

Majistir

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
What was the last vaping purchase you made before all this started?

I go threw about the same (5-10ml/day) at 12mg. I'm not sure what the reactions these people were having but they switched to 100% VG juices and it fixed their problem. Maybe try a different juice vendor or make your own liquid to narrow down if its a reaction to an ingredient.

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Thinking back, when I first started, was getting sick alot. Thought it was the pg, went to 90/10 vg, and seemed to get better. After a while, I thought maybe it was other things, so went back to some 50/50 juices. Was good for about 3 weeks, now this. Maybe it is the pg, I guess I'm just really hoping it isn't, I don't like giving up the flavor of the pg

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I'm the opposite on that level. I can barely tolerate 25 VG. Makes me feel like I have a TERRIBLE chest cold.

JColt

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm using my provape-1 and cartos for my higher nic stuff. Save kanger subtanks and rebuildables for 6 and under.

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm using my provape-1 and cartos for my higher nic stuff. Save kanger subtanks and rebuildables for 6 and under.
Yup, me to. I actually only do cereal killa (4) and 3mg in subs and rebuildable s

Marcus Agrippa

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I went thru the same thing . Constantly trying to figure out what was making me sick. Turned out it was the LA flavor so I tried Inawera and it still made me ill.Now i only vape unflavored and haven't had any problems.

zaroba

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
If your making your own juice, too much flavoring can make you sick. Happened to me my first time trying with FA flavors.

'high' nic intake is all a matter of what you are used to. If your getting a nic overdose, you don't really have to dilute your juices (I know it's a pain, many of us went through that fiasco). Instead, you could try lowering the wattage on your device to not produce as much vapor, or take smaller hits off it.

There is a big difference in nic absorption between using low resistance and high resistance devices. It could be the lower ohm tanks doing it to you. If you are used to the nautilus mini then you could get an overdose from the higher absorption caused by the other tanks, you simply need lower nic juice for them.

As for me, I use 2-3mg juices, mostly DIY (it's slowly replacing my older purchased juices).
I go through 10-20ml a day on RDAs that are between 0.14 and 0.2 ohms @ 60-75 watts.
Sometimes use some of my older 6mg liquid, but I need to turn down the power and take much smaller hits to avoid the throat hit that I'm not used to.

kingworm

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
i say cut it with vg to lower the nic level. it does sound like a nic overdose or sensitivity of some sort. unless you are using one of those energy juices like tesla .

VU Sponsors