VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
So I'm getting annoyed with my Kayfuns..

I was thinking about snagging the Taifun just for the fact that I won't need to drain the tank to refill each time..

Is this a good choice? And if so, what site should I get it from? Looking for USA Vendor

I hear good/bad things about the Fogger/Aqua and heard they can be a PITA to build on..

Looking for similar easy builds like the KF with the same quality vape.

If anyone has any other suggestions - I'm all ears!

Garemlin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Taifun is really nice and easy to build on and wick. And it is more forgiving in regards to wicking than the Kayfuns. Angelcigs has them in their US warehouse. Also check ebay for good deals.

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Taifun is really nice and easy to build on and wick. And it is more forgiving in regards to wicking than the Kayfuns. Angelcigs has them in their US warehouse. Also check ebay for good deals.

I hear mixed reviews on the quality of stuff from Angelcigs.. You have any experience with products from them?

BUDKISS

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I have both the Kayfun Lite Plus v2 and the TaifunGT. The Taifun is SO easy to build and set up and i have never had a leak or gurgle. Very low maintenance tank. Love it.

I have a Fogger v4.4 (which is now called 4.1) and while I love the flavor I sometimes have leak issues if i don't get the build wicking just right. Sometimes it is a headache. I like the juice control adjustment. The airflow ring is nice but spins a bit loose. Cost is reasonable.

I have an Aqua and of all my tanks this one gives me the most trouble. It leaks all the time. I have tried several wicking suggestions and the MF'r still leaks. I also notice a lot of heat in the atty... even the drip tip gets hot.

I also got a Yiloong KAISER. It is like the Eden Rose with a ceramic cup insulator. The build is a bit different from most bottom coil attys. (The leads go down through the cup/deck into posts and tighten with frankenstein screws underneath the deck). I am actually very impressed. It is reasonably priced too.

I have had good results with VaperCompany.

Hope that helps.

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have both the Kayfun Lite Plus v2 and the TaifunGT. The Taifun is SO easy to build and set up and i have never had a leak or gurgle. Very low maintenance tank. Love it.

I have a Fogger v4.4 (which is now called 4.1) and while I love the flavor I sometimes have leak issues if i don't get the build wicking just right. Sometimes it is a headache. I like the juice control adjustment. The airflow ring is nice but spins a bit loose. Cost is reasonable.

I have an Aqua and of all my tanks this one gives me the most trouble. It leaks all the time. I have tried several wicking suggestions and the MF'r still leaks. I also notice a lot of heat in the atty... even the drip tip gets hot.

I also got a Yiloong KAISER. It is like the Eden Rose with a ceramic cup insulator. The build is a bit different from most bottom coil attys. (The leads go down through the cup/deck into posts and tighten with frankenstein screws underneath the deck). I am actually very impressed. It is reasonably priced too.

I have had good results with VaperCompany.

Hope that helps.

It does Bud thanks - It's looking like the Taifun might be the right move.. I never had issues with my KF's until recently.. I can't go back to regular tanks so I think Taifun will solve my gripe for now..

You use cotton on your builds?

If you feel like spending the money you can get the Orchid by Aethertech. It's the same concept as the Kayfun but it's a 4 post deck.

BUDKISS

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I use organic non bleached or hydrogen peroxide'd cotton balls (cvs)... Cellucotten from Sally'sbeauty supply works well too.
Seen reviews on orchid. Looks promising. Have you seen the infinite CLT?

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I use organic non bleached or hydrogen peroxide'd cotton balls (cvs)... Cellucotten from Sally'sbeauty supply works well too.
Seen reviews on orchid. Looks promising. Have you seen the infinite CLT?

I saw both.. I'm going to wait on the Orchid until some reviews come out on it.. and the CLT looks pretty nice too.. I really want the Mutation X dripper too..

I ordered the HCIGAR Taifun GT earlier today so I'm very excited to get my hands on it.

I saw both.. I'm going to wait on the Orchid until some reviews come out on it.. and the CLT looks pretty nice too.. I really want the Mutation X dripper too..

I ordered the HCIGAR Taifun GT earlier today so I'm very excited to get my hands on it.

I own the Plumeveil RDA, best RDA out at the moment in my opinion. My roommate owns an Orchid, I've built on it a few times to help him out and I'm thinking about getting one.

The Mutation X is another one that people have been hyping up and looks like it's right up my ally. I build pretty low usually under a .20ohm, so the air holes in the Mutation X would def help me out a lot.

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I own the Plumeveil RDA, best RDA out at the moment in my opinion. My roommate owns an Orchid, I've built on it a few times to help him out and I'm thinking about getting one.

The Mutation X is another one that people have been hyping up and looks like it's right up my ally. I build pretty low usually under a .20ohm, so the air holes in the Mutation X would def help me out a lot.

right! those air holes are amazing! I've been wanting to pick up a Magma too because I hear the flavor is unmatched.. and good to know about the Plume - hearing really good things about that one too... how expensive is the authentic one? I saw Joe pimping the clone recently but havent heard how it stacks up to the original.

BUDKISS

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
i built a quad clapton coil on my CLT. Was surprised that it didn't get super hot. Flavor good too.
I just need some lower nic and high Vg juice because i am killin myself with 18%. Ugh

BUDKISS

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I have a wish list. the Orchid, Mutation, and Plume are on it but i have to wait till sept.
Blew my vape budget already this month

right! those air holes are amazing! I've been wanting to pick up a Magma too because I hear the flavor is unmatched.. and good to know about the Plume - hearing really good things about that one too... how expensive is the authentic one? I saw Joe pimping the clone recently but havent heard how it stacks up to the original.

The authentic Plumes go for around $120, that is if you can get your hands on one. They are sold out at most places that I shop at. I did however customize my Plume a bit. So the Plume has 3 different air flow controls, the normal cap holes, then it has air flow adjustment for the 2 outside neg post, and then you can control the airflow with the drip tip ring. I took my drip tip ring and cut 4 little sqaures basically and now I screw it all the way up and just leave 2 of the squares over the holes so I get maximum airflow. I also don't use a drip tip anymore, no need to basically.

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have a wish list. the Orchid, Mutation, and Plume are on it but i have to wait till sept.
Blew my vape budget already this month

I did as well.. my bday is in Oct so I'm hoping the gf will get me a the new vaporshark .. or a reo ..because why would I want anything for my bday besides vape gear?

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
The authentic Plumes go for around $120, that is if you can get your hands on one. They are sold out at most places that I shop at. I did however customize my Plume a bit. So the Plume has 3 different air flow controls, the normal cap holes, then it has air flow adjustment for the 2 outside neg post, and then you can control the airflow with the drip tip ring. I took my drip tip ring and cut 4 little sqaures basically and now I screw it all the way up and just leave 2 of the squares over the holes so I get maximum airflow. I also don't use a drip tip anymore, no need to basically.

Yea I don't see myself ever spending that much for a dripper.. I'll wait to hear the reviews for the clone.. I heard the magma clone is just as good as the authentic which is why I wanted to try it.. for 25$ you can't go wrong

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I have 6 drippers, 3 TOBH's, stillare, helios and a magma, and the magma is the only one being used now, it is a awesome dripper, easy to build on and produces great flavor and vapor.

Think you made the right choice in the Taifun, I admit I prefer my foggers, but they are a lot harder to coil and wick right compared to the taifun. The taifun is easy to work with, and even though I think the foggers are better for vapor because of being dual coil, the taifun still produces really good flavor and vapor for a single coil ;)

bbybee

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I've been tempted to get a GT as well. I have one of the Taifun GS and absolutely love it. The GT wicks differently so I don't know if they are comparable at all. The decks are the same, if I'm not mistaken. Let us know what you think of it.
You can't go wrong with the Magma. It's built like a tank and hits like one too.

Cruel-Phate

Just Thomas
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The Taifun GT is awesome, I traded all my tanks for just Taifun GT, the flavor is great and building coils and wick are so easy, just make sure your not to thin on the wick if you using cotton or it will flood

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Ok so I just got it.. the thing is built beautifully! way nicer than my kayfuns and all the threading is super smooth..

got a question for all you TF owners.. so the chimney seems to be adjustable.. where you can push it down all the way.. or leave it up a little bit - is this to adjust the airflow? and if not, should I keep it all the way pushed down?

Thanks! can't wait to build this thing up at my desk today in work :)

Cruel-Phate

Just Thomas
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I only push it all the way down while I am alining my wick "I use cotton" once I am ready to prime I pull it up almost all the way, you should read the logo clear. Once you fill and screw it together make sure and hold that air hole and give it a flip over and release to get that pressure tight. Just be careful when screwing the chimney piece on, the O ring tends to get caught in threading and it will snap it in half. That's my experience with GT and it's defiantly my go to tanks, the flavor is awesome on this device

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I only push it all the way down while I am alining my wick "I use cotton" once I am ready to prime I pull it up almost all the way, you should read the logo clear. Once you fill and screw it together make sure and hold that air hole and give it a flip over and release to get that pressure tight. Just be careful when screwing the chimney piece on, the O ring tends to get caught in threading and it will snap it in half. That's my experience with GT and it's defiantly my go to tanks, the flavor is awesome on this device

Hmm if I remember looking at it - I don't think the chimney actually screws on to the deck part? (like a kayfun) it just kind of slid over it.. and I can adjust it .. I do see now that I need to have it high enough where it meets with the top cap to prevent spilling

moecat

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
What do folks here think of the Squape and its clones?

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
What do folks here think of the Squape and its clones?

I haven't heard too much to be honest.. I heard a couple good things about the authentic's but none on the clones yet.. But I've been keeping my eyes on those as well.

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Do they make a nano kit for the taifun? thing is so tall even compared to my KF

bbybee

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have one of their Taifun GS. It's a great vape. I set it up with cotton wick and ss mesh to feed wick. Never a dry hit, outstanding flavor and vapor production. Cooler temp, but as close to dripping I've found in a tank.
Simple to refill, too.

steamer861

Member For 4 Years
A Taifun is a good alternative to a Kayfun. I agree with a lot of the things mentioned in this post.( no leaks easy to build and fill) I do find the draw tighter I have bin thinking about drilling mine out some how. It is also quite a bit taller. IMO the kayfun is a little bit better how ever the Kayfun can be a PIA to get built just right

moecat

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I actually just got started into building my own coils this week with the Smoktech RSBT. Good flavor, no leaking, top filling is a breeze, and pretty easy to build (if you like thumb screws). Vapor clouds are only decent, however ... one could argue that you can get better clouds with the Nautilus and BVC coil. To the original poster: think about changing your wick if you haven't already. I'm using ReadyXWick from RBAsupplies.com. Expensive, but definitely worth the price with regard to efficiency, quality, longevity and bringing out your juice's flavor.

Cruel-Phate

Just Thomas
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Squape Clone by Tobeco does look interesting...is that air adjustable at the bottom like the Fogger? Not a fan of the fogger 4, setup double coil with resistance .5ohm and have to say I was not impressed...I liked the glass tank but felt little clunky to me and flavor was just not great. Aqua had nice flavor but to much adjusting and gurgles to much, maybe I just build like crap on that rba, space is small and can't stand that I can't see my juice level

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
A Taifun is a good alternative to a Kayfun. I agree with a lot of the things mentioned in this post.( no leaks easy to build and fill) I do find the draw tighter I have bin thinking about drilling mine out some how. It is also quite a bit taller. IMO the kayfun is a little bit better how ever the Kayfun can be a PIA to get built just right

I'm waiting until my Bryce's Custard comes and I will build my first coil on it.. The anticipation is killing me but I'm using the time to let it soak and get rid of the machine smell from it lol.

It looks way better built and the deck is cleaner than my kayfun

Cruel-Phate

Just Thomas
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That's funny, Bryce's Custard is my main Vape and it's great in the Taifun, I like most of Bryce's juices and buy them on regular bases

BUDKISS

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I have been thinking about Bryce's stuff. It all looks yummy. Your comment has added them to my next shopping list.
And they WILL go in my Taifun GT

Cruel-Phate

Just Thomas
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If you get your built and temperature just right Bryce's juices will pop flavor every hit. Request samples when you order, they send me sample 15ml every-time I order so now I am addicted and freak out if a bottles getting to low :)

If u like real low ohms the cats rda is great is my favorite atty u can build 1-4 coils on it vertical or horizontal and it. Has a bell like inner housing like a KF so u get the best flavor and great vaper from four air conditioner holes at the top and 6 holes in the inner housing it's just great a bit hard to build at first then u get use to it.

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
That's funny, Bryce's Custard is my main Vape and it's great in the Taifun, I like most of Bryce's juices and buy them on regular bases

I basically have been using Custard's Last Stand by nicoticket for months now but i was looking for a cheaper alternative..and bryce has great prices.. 50ml for 25$ shipped? can't beat that.. So I'm hoping its as good as everyone says.. I'm a custard junkie.. I have to have it in rotation 24/7

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
If u like real low ohms the cats rda is great is my favorite atty u can build 1-4 coils on it vertical or horizontal and it. Has a bell like inner housing like a KF so u get the best flavor and great vaper from four air conditioner holes at the top and 6 holes in the inner housing it's just great a bit hard to build at first then u get use to it.

I'm not into super low-ohm builds.. I usually stick to around the .9-1.1 range .. that's been working fine for me so I don't mess around going lower at the moment.. plus I don't really care about blowing massive clouds so it never really interested me

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Oh me to my all day Vape is mothers milk suicide bunnies so good and they have just a custard one called OG or OC

I found a cheaper alternative to MM as well.. its from 808VapeShack (from hawaii) and its called Bronson's Milk.. its spot on and half the price of Suicide Bunny. 11$ for 30ml

BUDKISS

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
yes. Gremilin is on my list too.
I have heard good things of grants vanilla custard

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Yea if I remember, Grant's was around the same price as nicoticket - 20$ for a 30ml so i passed - but I looked at so many different kinds I could be wrong

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
question - What size drill bits do you guys use to wrap coils on the taifun?

I normally use the smallest of my set of 6 (i forget the exact size but I can check when I get home) for the kayfuns which gets me the best performance.. just curious if I should go a bit bigger since the Taifun chimney seems a lot wider

Cruel-Phate

Just Thomas
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
360 x50 screwdriver, tried it one day and this thing is perfect for single coil builds, wrap 7 times 28guage comes out to 1.3 / 1.4
I am not to crazy about sub ohm, I find it burns my juices, I go for flavor not puffs of vape

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
360 x50 screwdriver, tried it one day and this thing is perfect for single coil builds, wrap 7 times 28guage comes out to 1.3 / 1.4
I am not to crazy about sub ohm, I find it burns my juices, I go for flavor not puffs of vape

Same here.. I use 7 wraps every time on 28g and it's always a perfect vape.

Don't know what size my screwdriver is to be honest, so thats why I got the drillbit set

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Sitting enjoying a vape with one of my kayfuns, I gotta say I'm considering trying a Taifun. No matter how good I think I have my building down, kayfuns are still temperamental. I love the flavor, though.

If I get one, should I go GS or GT? And suggestions for manufacturer?

I do think a lot of my kayfun issues are due to heat in my car, which I use for work. Do Taifuns have the same susceptibility to leaking from temperature and pressure changes?

VU Sponsors