Become a Patron!

Newbie question

Just started vaping, friend got me into it recently, built my first mod, running a manhattan with a doge rda 7 wrap 24g, just wondering if this build is fine or if i should re-wrap bigger gs. Also wondering what juice to use, and yes, I know there's not enough cotton, long story.rsz_img_5436.jpg

Ellipsis

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
your friend didnt do you any favors by not letting you know that before you build your own coils and put it on a mech, you need an ohm meter to let you know what resistance coil you have...
what batteries ya got in that mech also...can it handle the current that coil will demand...or are you brave and macho enuf to handle a catastriphe that may send acid coated shards of metal into you or someone else...
your friend know about steam-engine.org and not send you there either...
your friend is an idiot...
glad you stopped by here, tho...we will keep you safe...
steam-engine .org...check it out...
an ohm meter or a portable ohm tester is your friend and will tell you the resistance of your coil...
batteries need to be able to deliver the amp load that coil will pull ...sub ohm builds draw a shit ton of current, higher ohm coils use a bit less current and use more voltage...
best bet ...dont fire that atty until you know what you have there...

your friend didnt do you any favors by not letting you know that before you build your own coils and put it on a mech, you need an ohm meter to let you know what resistance coil you have...
what batteries ya got in that mech also...can it handle the current that coil will demand...or are you brave and macho enuf to handle a catastriphe that may send acid coated shards of metal into you or someone else...
your friend know about steam-engine.org and not send you there either...
your friend is an idiot...
glad you stopped by here, tho...we will keep you safe...
steam-engine .org...check it out...
an ohm meter or a portable ohm tester is your friend and will tell you the resistance of your coil...
batteries need to be able to deliver the amp load that coil will pull ...sub ohm builds draw a shit ton of current, higher ohm coils use a bit less current and use more voltage...
best bet ...dont fire that atty until you know what you have there...
Yeah lol its running at .3 ohmz with a 18650 3.7v 2500 mAh battery, it runs fine, I was just curious what rda build would have better results, right now i have a dual 24g 7 wrap, just wondering if the build is fine or not.

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
the build looks good, but you need to clip off the excess leads, you don't want them to create a bridge or arch by hitting the deck, the cap or the other posts. Cotton looks decent, to much can be a bad thing as well. Keep it Foggy.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Keep the legs short...centre the coils....the wick should only be long enough to make solid contact with the bottom of the drip well. I would say you are off to a cracking start. Enjoy your vape! Your friend is NOT AN IDIOT.....just left out some useful bits that will keep you from catastrophic failures and crappy vapes.

Keep the legs short...centre the coils....the wick should only be long enough to make solid contact with the bottom of the drip well. I would say you are off to a cracking start. Enjoy your vape! Your friend is NOT AN IDIOT.....just left out some useful bits that will keep you from catastrophic failures and crappy vapes.
thanks man, already chaning the build today though, going to try a 24g dual parallel build.

VU Sponsors