Become a Patron!

Newbie looking to upgrade from pens

KaoticKronos

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hey, forum. I'm fairly new to vaping. I've tried pens off and on. Right now I'm using EVOD kit. I am at a loss looking at something bigger. What would be a good mod choice for a begginer?

I have only been vaping 3 weeks! My husband bought me an itaste mvp. I love it! I have been smoking a pack a day for almost 20 years and I can't believe how EASY was to quit with this! I don't care about clouds. I only care about taste and the ability to quit smoking, and this was PERFECT for me! Hope this helps, good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hey, forum. I'm fairly new to vaping. I've tried pens off and on. Right now I'm using EVOD kit. I am at a loss looking at something bigger. What would be a good mod choice for a begginer?
Hi Kao!
Thats a good question, lol
I think you'd probly like the IPVD2 ..its small, compact and well built ..it has a replaceable single 18650 batt and supports in-mod charging using the supplied charge cord with a USB connection to a 5v charger...
With 75w available it can handle most any tank/RDA you'd like to use..
With this mod you could upgrade from those Ego type tanks and use tanks with much better airflow, flavor and overall performance..
It also has a Temp Control mode that can fire nickel and titanium builds, or those type of prebuilt coils available for the various subtanks you may want to use also...I bought this one a few weeks ago and love it! Modestly priced it was the best $50 I've spent this year on vape gear
5a60e69f7ef4c89ee8d75d45e495e080.jpg
91d5c419b5369eee187ccd6ea6d55d87.jpg

It also came with a silicon sleeve to protect it from dirt and scratches..
Might check it out,

sent from my XT1080 via Tapatalk

Last edited:

KaoticKronos

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Well...my pen broke on me tonight. Flipping mondays. I had to choose quickly and cheaply to get rush delivery. I settled for the iStick 30w. Seems like a decent choice for the moment. Thanks for the advice, guys.

ChrisL

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Great choice! Might want to upgrade the tank to a Nautilus Mini or even a sub ohm style tank. I use a Subtank Nano on my IStick 30, and they make a really good combo of flavor/vapor.

KaoticKronos

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I got a GS tank. If I like it I will definitely be upgrading.

KaoticKronos

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I've got an eLeaf GS tank to go with it. Update... I had to switch to a 40W. First come first serve and I was a little late. Would the tank I've got be alright for it?

ChrisL

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The GS tank can be used in temp control and regular power mode. Depends on which coils your using. Make sure you use kanthal coils in regular mode, and you can use the NI200 coils in temp control mode. There are a bunch of good youtube videos on the IStick 40 and the GS tank.

I have only been vaping 3 weeks! My husband bought me an itaste mvp. I love it! I have been smoking a pack a day for almost 20 years and I can't believe how EASY was to quit with this! I don't care about clouds. I only care about taste and the ability to quit smoking, and this was PERFECT for me! Hope this helps, good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For me it was the EVODs of the OP, my first actual upgrade was the Protank 3 mini using the original airflow ring of the Aerotank. On an MVP 20w. I share this, the MVP felt so premium and so good in the hand. I refuse to give that one away.. Even if it is showing age.

Sent from Tapatalk.

KaoticKronos

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
First day with the iStick and I'm loving it. I can't draw on the full 40w. I gag and cough harshly. Reminds me of when I first started smoking. I've got it set at 20w and enjoying 3 second lung hits. This thing is awesome. Kicking smokes for this is the best decision I made.

VU Sponsors