Become a Patron!

New VG vendor; muted flavor?

ceejkay

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
So ive been making my daily juice for a while now, as i go through a ton of it. Flavors are pretty simple. One is FW Coumarin pipe tobacco and the other is FW Blueberry graham waffle. Both stand alone flavors. i make 30mls of each one every other day. No matter what juice i try it seems i always go back to these two. it seems to clear my pallet so to speak. I do tend to vape vender juices after work, all different flavor profiles.
I normally order VG from bull city vapor, but for the last 2 weeks they have been out. I was really low. So i ordered a 1000ml from RTS. Come sunday i was completely out of VG, but had enough made to last me till ups showed up monday. Got my first bottle of blueberry mixed up. Same % of concentrate, same nicotine, new VG. Do i test vape, not very much flavor. Compare it with what i made the night before, way more flavor. So i made up a bottle of the pipe tobacco. Same thing. Im doing the same thing i have done before, only thing different is the VG im using.
So am i suffering from this vg not carrying the flavor like my last one? Any suggestions? Also trying to rule things out i have put it in a different dripper with new cotton and different ohm coils. i run .2-.3 all day and for shits and giggles i made up a .8ohm. Still no difference.

ceejkay

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
So i just made a small bottle of kiwi and the flavor is bold as ever. i got the kiwi the other day with my vg. i have rba that has the blueberry in it from a week ago, and its bold as well. is it possible that my concentrates lost some flavor? since i was mixing them so often i kept them in my garage, could the heat have killed them?

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
More likely that using so much vg your flavors made with the new vg need more time to 'steep.' You're comparing freshly made juice with juice made previously - wait the same amount of time, and you'll probably find the juice gets better!

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
contact @RocketPuppy I have not had it happen but I keep all my flavors in controlled environment some say different VG changes things the RP can head you to the right direction

ceejkay

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
i understand steeping helps. but ive been making these exact same 2 juices for the last month and then vape them immediately. it is defiantly muted compared to the juice i made sunday.

downInTn

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I read somewhere, someone said RTS uses VG derived from coconut. Maybe a little steep time will help?

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Try warming the VG prior to mixing, it might help carry the flavor over.
Or you can mix a batch sans nic and warm bath it and shake and warm bath it again test the flavor and then add your nic if the desired flavor is there.

ceejkay

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Try warming the VG prior to mixing, it might help carry the flavor over.
Or you can mix a batch sans nic and warm bath it and shake and warm bath it again test the flavor and then add your nic if the desired flavor is there.
did that the other day as well. i can get the flavor but its requiring about 25%. It seems to be just those 2 flavors.

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Figures, I just ordered a gallon of the coconut VG from RTS, lol.
Shipping was the same for 1000ml as for the gallon so WTH.
Hoping I don't have these issues...

ceejkay

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Ok so i tried after 3 days of steeping and its back to normal. i guess this vg needs a little time to steep. i freaked out for no reason. these juices are my crack

VU Sponsors