Become a Patron!

New Vaper Question

Terry T

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I recently got an eleaf Istick 50 W. Loving it with my Kanger Mini tank. My question is : Is it ok to let the istick charge overnite? I do this with my phone and iPad but not sure about this latest devise. Any advise would be appreciated.

Terry T

Terry T

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Also need to know if anybody else has had as much trouble with Fastech as I have. Ordered the Luxyoun box mod 2/17 and it still hasn't shipped.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi Terry, On the plugged in question, I don't suggest leaving it all night, Nothing is really safe doing that IMO. FT is in china and coming off a long holiday so they do tend to take (most cases) a few weeks to get across to here, some times up to a month!!
Welcome to VU, Nice to meet you

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I charge everything overnight!

You ordered while Fasttech was on holiday - it'll ship eventually (the ship date should show in your order if you check it).

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Personally, I don't like to leave batteries charging unattended.

But these seem to be meant to charge that way. But I would set it somewhere that if something somehow goes wrong the house does not catch fire.

Like a big glass mixing bowl or something.

But like I said. I am a bit paranoid on the subject.

Terry T

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Thanks for the replies! I usually charge it in the mornings before I have to go to work but that last bar never stops blinking. So I don't know if it's getting a full charge or not. Don't want to overcharge it, if that's possible. Anyways, thanks again. Glad to be aboard. Been vaping about 2 months and NO CIGS!! Got me off a 40 year habit. Love my vaping gear.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks for the replies! I usually charge it in the mornings before I have to go to work but that last bar never stops blinking. So I don't know if it's getting a full charge or not. Don't want to overcharge it, if that's possible. Anyways, thanks again. Glad to be aboard. Been vaping about 2 months and NO CIGS!! Got me off a 40 year habit. Love my vaping gear.
Excellent!!!!

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I ordered from FT on the 21st. It shipped today in 2 shipments. I'd think it would go out soon for you. Hope so!

Typos brought to you by: iPhone.

Cruel-Phate

Just Thomas
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Also need to know if anybody else has had as much trouble with Fastech as I have. Ordered the Luxyoun box mod 2/17 and it still hasn't shipped.

2/17 happened to be during the new years holiday week for China, I believe it was a 10 day celebration :) "I bet there still playing catchup filling orders

Battery's and Chargers are unpredictable, "I would not advice charging over night while your asleep, just my opinion

wildcoy73

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So far have let mine charge twice over night. About 8 hours. No issues. Get around 4 days per charge.

Zanaspus

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Short answer; Yes you can charge overnight.

Long answer; Be aware that all rechargeable batteries have a risk of catastrophic failure (read contained explosion) while charging or if dropped on a full charge.

Faceless Vapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
This type of regulated device will be fine over night. Heed the warnings though.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A

plinsday

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I've charged mine over night since I got it about a week ago. I could go all day with me and my wife using it but now it only lasts about a day with just me. I still do it however, but letting you know

Faceless Vapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The convenience of a box mod with internal batteries is amazing. I still have a soft spot for mech mods though

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I ordered from FT the day they came back from holiday and still hasn't shipped. But I can't even imagine the orders backed up that have to be filled before the ones that came in upon their return. They're gonna be busy for awhile!

VU Sponsors