Become a Patron!

New Uwell D1 Subohm Tank is out! (Pre-Order)

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
I was fortunate enough to beta test this tank and coils. What a great experience. The coils are fabulous for flavor and as usual, vapor production is amazing. The coils is about the same circumfrance as the Crown II but the top has a small chimney, allowing the flavor to just jump in your mouth with flavor. Good job, Uwell! Price: $50. On sale preorder at $34.95.

Innovative design, leak proof, has it's own U shaped air channel. Top airflow goes down between the dual quartz glass and is pumped back up the same quartz air channel. Similar to the D2 in appearance.
It's a heavy tank but the design and flavor you'll be quite impress with. Here is a photo and description from CheapVaping.deals:

Cl4wHammer

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So how is it different than Crown/Crown 2? An even tighter channel for flavor and leak proof? What would be the point in buying it vs. already established Crown tanks?

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
It's completely different! The bottom is all one piece with no juice channels. Hidden top airflow only. It takes in the air, down the space between the glass into a large, empty U-shaped air chamber and forces it back up through the coil. The narrower top of the coil allows the flavor to intensify on the inhale while still delivering a tremendous amount of vapor. The heating element is in the top vs. bottom allowing more flavor to hit first. And when the air hits it, bursts the vapor. No dry hits. When you look at it, at least my black one, you can't see the oval air holes in the top piece. They improved the coils and made the tank leak proof. The bottom is solid. An extremely impressive tank. Nothing that I've seen or heard of.

The Crown is still a great tank, but the D1 is a completely different animal. And I say that because it truly is beastly.

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
I used it for 3 weeks then switched tanks to use something else. I cleaned her up and the coil. White as snow. I bet the coil will work again if I were to fill it. Seriously, I was quite impressed with the no leaking, great flavor and particularly the coil. Wait until you see one. Completely different.

Worth buying for sure. I'm sure the black will be out shortly. It's a heavy tank - but that's what it is, a TANK OF A TANK!

The Juice Loosener

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I used it for 3 weeks then switched tanks to use something else. I cleaned her up and the coil. White as snow. I bet the coil will work again if I were to fill it. Seriously, I was quite impressed with the no leaking, great flavor and particularly the coil. Wait until you see one. Completely different.

Worth buying for sure. I'm sure the black will be out shortly. It's a heavy tank - but that's what it is, a TANK OF A TANK!
Good to hear! I'm definitely going to pick one up. I chatted with an ecig.com CS rep yesterday and he didn't know when they were going to start shipping units. He said they just got their beta testers on Friday, so it could be a while. I plan to keep my finger on the pulse, though, and be sure I've got one of their pre-order tanks on its way to me on the first day they ship. Ecig ships from OKC and I'm in Tulsa, so I should get one pretty quickly once they're available.

I just preordered mine on Uwells actual website for $28. It states on there it's backordered but that they get a new shipment on October 6 and then will be shipping them out.

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
One of the vendors already have it stock but can't remember which one. They're sending me one and coils for doing the assessment.

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Anyone receive or order a D1 yet?

Anyone receive or order a D1 yet?
I ordered mine from the Uwell website directly. It's cheaper on there, too. Pretty good service. I ordered online and asked if they offer military discount and the next morning somebody from the company called and said they do offer a 15% military discount. Pretty dope. Can't wait to receive it. I just hope it's better than the original crown.

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
I ordered mine from the Uwell website directly. It's cheaper on there, too. Pretty good service. I ordered online and asked if they offer military discount and the next morning somebody from the company called and said they do offer a 15% military discount. Pretty dope. Can't wait to receive it. I just hope it's better than the original crown.

I believe you will, Koa. And I'm very pleased they gave you a military discount; that was quite generous.
Thank you for serving and protecting our country. You are a brave soldier to lay your life on the line. Thank You very much!

The Juice Loosener

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've finally got one on the way from Ecig. I couldn't say no to that $15 promo! I'll post my thoughts when I receive and try it.

The Juice Loosener

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Wow! $15? What a score! I'd love to read your comments.
Sorry it's taken me a while to get around to this. For one thing, I wanted to give all the coils a shot and I've also been pretty busy lately. However, I'm here now, about two weeks into my D1...and it's AWESOME!!! Having owned a Crown 1 since two or three weeks after it came out and two Crown 2s (I never got a Rafale, but from all that I've read it doesn't stand up to the Crowns, assuming the coils are quality), I've had a fair amount of experience with Uwell tanks. The D1 is their best tank to date, bar none. It has better flavor than the Crown 1, which has better flavor than the Crown 2, IMHO. The coils last longer than either of the other tanks for the most part, although I've had one that crapped out pretty quickly (but I used some darker juices with it so...it could've been the juices that gunked it up and killed the flavor early). The unique design works extremely well with regard to leaking, as in there hasn't been a drop of it yet. There has been some juice that has collected in the bottom compartment meant for condensation collection, but it hasn't spilled on me once (except one time when I wasn't paying attention and turned the tank upside down with the cap off, so I can hardly blame Uwell for that).

As far as I can tell, there's only one minor downside to the tank, and that's its somewhat restrictive airflow. I usually find myself taking an entire lungfull on each draw rather than pulling about half a lungfull of vapor and following it with half of one with air like I do with most tanks. That said, I usually stick to the lower end of the recommended wattage for each coil. As a test, I just cranked the 0.5-ohm coil up to it's recommended max of 60 watts and it does make for a thicker vape without getting too hot, so I may have to use these in the upper end of the power spectrum more often. I'm afraid that using them at higher wattages will burn out the coils more quickly, but I'll try it out and see if I can tell a difference.

Just as a comparison, I have (purchased in this order) an Atlantis, Triton 2, TFV4, Crown 1, two Cleitos, a Horizon Arctic V8 Mini, two Crown 2s, and a TFV8 Baby Beast. I've also got a ton of ProTanks and other MTL tanks, but I haven't used them in years.

I do question the stated 4ml capacity. It seems like it holds closer to 3ml. That doesn't bother me, though, because I like to change flavors frequently.

All in all, I love the thing. It's my new #1 tank. If you're in the market for a solidly built sub-ohm tank that has RDA flavor and won't dump half your juice out on your hand or table, grab a D1 from Ecig. I think they've upped the price by a dollar or two, but it's still extremely reasonable.

awoodby

Member For 4 Years
I've had 2 D1's for about a week, just popped in to see what others had to say.

I usually vape at the lower end for flavor, but this tank was pretty flavorless with the .5 until I cranked it up to 57watts, now it's good, not hot but good flavor. So far I've been vaping on them for a week, alternating, and am not tasting any coil degradation or anything.

The thing does drink juice fast though! I'll go through a whole (little) tank on my 30minute drive to work. It's easy to fill, just make sure you carry juice with you.

I've never had a dry hit, the coils have great wicking. I'm not sure I like the flavor better than the original crown though, I'm still deciding, when I replace the coil I think I'll match it up against a fresh Crown and see.

The Juice Loosener

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've had 2 D1's for about a week, just popped in to see what others had to say.

I usually vape at the lower end for flavor, but this tank was pretty flavorless with the .5 until I cranked it up to 57watts, now it's good, not hot but good flavor. So far I've been vaping on them for a week, alternating, and am not tasting any coil degradation or anything.

The thing does drink juice fast though! I'll go through a whole (little) tank on my 30minute drive to work. It's easy to fill, just make sure you carry juice with you.

I've never had a dry hit, the coils have great wicking. I'm not sure I like the flavor better than the original crown though, I'm still deciding, when I replace the coil I think I'll match it up against a fresh Crown and see.
Try the 0.8 coil at 45-50 watts. IMHO, it provides the best flavor of any of the three coils and your juice lasts a little bit longer. I stress the words "little bit" because they all drink juice like it's Gatorade on a hot day, and the smallish tank doesn't help with the perception that the juice is disappearing at record speed.

The Crown 1 has been my favorite tank up until now, and I'll continue to use it regularly, but I give the slightest of edges to the D1. Both are head and shoulders above anything else out there.

mikeyboy74

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Looking for something in between Baby Beast and the higher powered tanks for liquid capacity and flavor/clouds without being too airy or too restrictive.

I was thinking SE-1 update to Crown 2, but how to know you would be getting the better, updated replacement coils.....

Can D1 coils be found?

Does D1 vape better than other tanks from Uwell or Sense? How does it compare to Baby tfv8 for performance? Baby and Herk Plus are pretty good but not perfect, for reasons that go beyond the D1 discussion that most of us would be aware of.

VU Sponsors