Become a Patron!

New to VU.

Kiera

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm new to vaping. I'm trying to stop smoking cigarettes. I'm looking for something to replace them now. I'm using a vuse right now and I enjoy it but I would like something with more flavors to try. I have tried different types of ecig and vaping but I haven't found anything I like yet.

JXN

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Good luck finding what you need. This forum can definately help. What kind of vape is catching your eye, and what has failed you thus far?

Breazy_Com

Excellence In Service
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Welcome Kiera ! For me I needed something with bigger clouds so I felt like I was filling my lungs up more. There are many new items out there that are relatively cheap and will give you what you need. See if you have some friends that are "In To Vaping With Good Gear" and ask them if you can try their setup. Or you can go to the local vape shop and take a look. Hope you find what your looking for. Giving up smoking is one of the best things that you can do for your health!

pete67

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Welcome to VU. There is plenty of help here just ask.

Kiera

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I've tried blu, fin, and another one that I don't remember the name of but everything is too harsh for me to keep with. I'm don't want anything to large and want different flavors to try. Any one have any suggestions?

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
This kit might fit what you are looking for, use the coupon YEAHBABY at checkout: http://www.vaporbeast.com/kanger-evod-mega-kit.html

Start with strawberry and watermelon flavors, or a tobacco flavor. What type of smokes do you smoke? I'm looking for a comparable nicotine level for you. 24 Mg equates to Marlboro reds, 18mg lights, 12Mg very light cigs.

Find a local vape shop and go in and try flavors to find one you like.

Kiera

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I smoked Marlboro menthol lights and camel menthol

JXN

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Too much nicotine or too much PG in your flavors may cause it to be too harsh. You really need a place to sample different ones with a knowledgable staff. Sounds like even slightly better equiopment will do you a world of good.

Kiera

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm trying to find something to use for the equipment I would like but I don't know where to start with looking. I also live a small town and don't have anywhere to go that would have a staff that would know much about where to start.

injunear59

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Go to your,local vape shop tell them what you want to do they should help you out

Sent from my VS880 using Tapatalk

Kiera

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I don't have a smoke shop around me

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Welcome to VU! You'll find lots of helpful folks with good info here!

streakerz10

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Welcome to VU. When I quit the ciggs it was more about the taste getting away from the tobacco flavor and getting used to wanting the new taste. Next was the cloud I wanted more and bigger clouds. I found with the aspire2 I got both excellent flavor and cloud but that took me four sub tanks to find it. With all the info you will get here do some research watch some utube vids from the most common ideas here before you go to a vape shop it will help you steer the staff in the right direction.

Kiera

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Alright thanks for all the help everyone

Jack Merridew

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
If you smoked menthols, I highly suggest the menthol flavors from Halo. Kringle's Curse (while technically not a menthol) might become your favorite.

Kiera

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I also like fruity flavors

SomeTexan

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
When I started vaping, I started with an Eleaf 30w iStick and a Smok micro gdc and got a Nautilus shortly after. I think the Nautilus and the iStick is the perfect start since when I got the nautilus is when I put the cigs down. Although I was a 3 pack a day smoker, 24mg of nicotine was too much, and I almost quit vaping because of it. I did 18mg for a few weeks, then cut down to the 8-10mg range. I also like high vg juice. When I tried 50/50 juice, it was harsh to me. Made me think of trying to take one last pull off of a cig and catching some filter. Now, at least 65% vg but usually 80%+. I couldn't do tobacco flavors, they were just a poor substitute for a cig to me. Now, the fruit and dessert juice I love. Helps with the food cravings I get when I try to quit smoking. I smoked menthol smooth's, but I am not big on menthol vapes. For juice, my favorite vendor so far is VapeWild. Cheap, lots of flavors and lots of options. I need to order some premium stuff to try, but the cheap route has let me try a bunch of flavors out and get an idea what I like. I would suggest getting 2 sampler packs, pick the same flavors in each but go slightly vg strong on one and slightly pg heavy on the other. 60/40 on one and 40/60 on the other. This will let you see how the vg/pg changes the flavor and throat hit. From there, experiment and see what works for you. It takes some work to find the best blend for you, but it's worth it. And it's part of the fun.

Kiera

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'll have to look into those then so I can grab a few samples of some different flavors

Jack Merridew

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
As far as vape gear is concerned, the best advice I can give is to research a lot before you buy. There are several videos on youtube that will help you make better decisions when purchasing products.

Also if you want to save money in the long run, don't purchase products because of they look good. When I first started out I only purchased e-cigarettes that looked like cigarettes, but they weren't good enough performance-wise. My biggest regret is not getting a box mod right at the start.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Hi Kiera, welcome :)

I was a menthol smoker, too. I had a hard time finding a flavor that I liked, I was trying too hard to find a cigarette flavor. Blech. I wound up trying fun flavors and finally quit smoking.

I started out with a basic eGo type ecig and a mini protank. There's nothing wrong with those for a starter set up, but most people also enjoy an iStick when they get started out. They're just better than the eGo ones I started with.

Take some time and cruise around the forums for different types that might appeal to you, different vendors that people recommend. It's a wealth of information here.

Glad you joined us.

Kiera

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yeah I'm looking for something that isn't too big and awkward to use right now I'm using a vapin plus starter kit and its juice but its not very good and for the cigarette flavor I'm using a vuse menthol I like the vuse its nice and smooth and not to strong but the vapin juice just makes me cough and its horrible but you get what you pay for so I'm going to use it until I'm out

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
026 c.jpg iStick next to a Bic lighter. It's a 20Watt, you adjust the power. It's pretty small, you can barely see it when I hold it. I really enjoy it.

Jack Merridew

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
It really sucks when you get stuck with flavors you don't like. It can take a while before you find a flavor that does it for you, so don't give up! Once you find one you love, you'll be glad you stuck around.

I agree with Huckleberried, you really can't go wrong with an Istick 20W. It's a relatively cheap and versatile device.

Kiera

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
They looked bigger in the pictures from other sites so I didn't want one of those because they looked so much bigger

Kiera

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
And for the stuff I have don't like to much I'm going to keep using just to use it and not waste my money by throwing them in the trash

Jack Merridew

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
A wise decision. The bigger models you've seen might have been the 30W and the 50W iStick which are a bit larger by comparison, but it's hard to judge them with pictures. When I received my Istick 30W, I was really surprised by how small it was.

Do you shop online or at a brick and mortar store?

Kiera

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Online is where I've been looking at everything out there but if and when I decide to buy i will be going into a store to look more but my dad has an aspire I think was the brand and he said to look at those

Jack Merridew

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yeah Aspire is a good brand. A lot of people rave about the Atlantis tank. Personally, I have bought the Nautilus mini tank for a decent price and it's a good all-around tank for starting out. Their batteries are not impressive IMO and don't perform as well as something like the Istick, but it all depends on vaping style and what you want out of your e-cigarette.

Kiera

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
My dad was think aspire for the tank and itaste I believe for the battey

Jack Merridew

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Sounds like a good combo. itaste MVP3 has the added bonus of being able to charge your cellphone off of it.

Kiera

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Those are good together then?

Jack Merridew

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
They are both great products for what you seem to be looking for.

Kiera

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
What type would you recommend for something that can also be updated later if I wanted to

Jack Merridew

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Well if you want something that will accompany you for a long time on your vaping journey, it's best to choose a battery that has a higher range in Voltage/Wattage. More Wattage/Voltage will mean more vapor and more flavor which you might want later (it all depends on preference though).

As for tanks or atomisers they vary in shape, form, function and style and no device will be able to do it all. Some are better for mouth to lung inhales and others for direct lung inhales. It really depends on what you want your vaping experience to be like. If you want something that you will be able to upgrade though, you might have to look for tanks that can subohm if you wish to go down that route later on.

One of the most popular and versatile tank at the moment is the Subtank Mini by Kanger http://www.myvaporstore.com/Kangertech-Subtank-Mini-4-5ml-Tank-p/krstm-k.htm

It's really cheap for what it does. It comes with a 0.5 ohm coil and a 1.5 ohm coil and a lot of spare parts (even a spare glass tank). If you later decide to build your own coils there is an RBA section that will allow that. It's a great device for beginners and advanced vapers alike and will give you room to experiment.

Kiera

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I want a good battery because I use mine all day long and for the tanks I was told to look aspire nautilus

SomeTexan

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
What type would you recommend for something that can also be updated later if I wanted to

That is hard to answer. I have a 50w iStick for around the house and a 30w for when I'm out and about. But I like the way the 50 fits my hand, so I only use the 30 when I'm charging the 50. And I want one of these new temp control mods. A few mech mods too. And a reomizer... I guess what I'm saying is, start with something In the 30w range in case vaping isn't what you want. Then it can be your back up mod if you end up going nuts like a lot of people here do. I've probably got about 2k worth of cool stuff on my "must buy" list. Not because I need it, but because I want it, lol.

Kiera

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Alright I will definitely look more into that

Jack Merridew

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Do you vape a lot throughout the day? That will affect the battery life you need.

Kiera

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Right now yes I'm puffing on it all day long

Jack Merridew

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
There are mods out there with replaceable batteries. They are certainly the best choice for a heavy vaper as you can swap the batteries when they are out. You need to read about battery safety guidelines if you go that route though.

The MVP3 has a pretty good battery. The important thing to check is the mAh (this is the battery capacity). The MVP3 has 3800 mAh and is considered a good battery life for a device with a built-in battery. In comparison, the Istick 20W has 2200 mAh.

The Wattage/Voltage you use and the resistance of your coil will also affect how fast you deplete your battery.

Kiera

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Alright thank you

Jack Merridew

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
You're welcome. Feel free to PM me if you have any question.

JerryC

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Welcome to the VU. It is too bad that there isn't a B&M near you. When I wanted to upgrade from my eGo system the folks at my local shop were extremely helpful. I really like the IPV 2, it has replaceable batteries and covers a wide range of wattage to handle just about any tank. I also have two the Aspire Nautilus tanks. Depending on the drip tip they allow any draw method. One thing I would recommend, make sure when you do get the device you like, make sure you have spare batteries and a backup mod and tank.

VU Sponsors