Become a Patron!

New to Vaping here, kit ordered

Hey all. I have been a smoker for about 6 years now. Back a few years ago I tried Blu and V2 Ecigs but they just didn't do much for me. I tried my buddies Snow Wolf (didn't know at the time) setup and was like this is f'ing awesome, good taste and awesome looking clouds.

So after a few weeks I decided screw it I think i'm going to get a setup. I started looking around on yahoo and google and was extremely overwhelmed by all the terms tanks, coils ( atomizers in e-cigs), coil wires, RDA, RBA, RTA, and so on and so on.

After being overly confused I asked my buddy what he had and what should I get.

He knows me and I hate starting at the low end, I always go straight to the top when I get into a new hobby as to not waste time upgrading, but also I am lazy, and so he recommended not getting a rebuildable atomizer.

So here we are, I ordered a Snow Wolf 1.5 Gold box mod. Picked up a Herakles, TFV4, TriForce, and a Crown sub ohm tanks, and 2 packs of coils for each of them, most are .2 ohm, some .25. Also picked up some Milk Man, Icrecream man and some Mister E liquid, all 120ml.

Can't wait to receive all this, I am deployed overseas as a contractor so it won't be here for about another week and half, but super excited to get started.

Any suggestions on how to get it setup or what to start with?

Glad to be part of the board and start learning, sorry for the rant just figured maybe someone would enjoy the read.

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Welcome to VU! Looks like you're starting off way better than I did a couple of years ago!

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The crown with the 0.25 coils is my favorite OCC tank. But you have to prime the coils carefully, as shown in this video:

Your setup is pretty oomphy for a new vaper, but as you didn't smoke for that long it might be ok. If you find it's too much, just use the above ohm coils for the tanks, rather than the subohm coils, and close down the airflow as much as you can.

Good luck!

Vesuvius

OG
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Just out of curiosity, what is the nicotine mg of the e liquid you got. I know the Milk Man is either 3 or 6 which is fine for low ohm but what about the others?

Thanks for the replies....I believe I got those at 6mg, I may have gotten some at 12mg, but I'd have to check, also got some at 0 off ebay. Really bought and assortment of stuff, wasn't sure what was needed and since stuff takes 2 weeks to get here didn't want to wait around.

Trying to figure out how to get this stuff from box to puffing, seems pretty easy to fill up, some people talk about priming the atomizer for the first time.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks for the replies....I believe I got those at 6mg, I may have gotten some at 12mg, but I'd have to check, also got some at 0 off ebay. Really bought and assortment of stuff, wasn't sure what was needed and since stuff takes 2 weeks to get here didn't want to wait around.

Trying to figure out how to get this stuff from box to puffing, seems pretty easy to fill up, some people talk about priming the atomizer for the first time.
Priming is absolutely key - please do watch the video I linked above before you use the Crown, otherwise you'll end up with burned coils!

I hope you also ordered good 18650 batteries and a charger? You'll need pairs of batteries, so 4 is a good start. Keep them 'married' so they discharge and charge at roughly the same rate - makes it easier in the long run.

suprtrkr

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Hi and welcome. You're hearing good advice, so I'll let it be. Sing out if you have more questions.

Priming is absolutely key - please do watch the video I linked above before you use the Crown, otherwise you'll end up with burned coils!

I hope you also ordered good 18650 batteries and a charger? You'll need pairs of batteries, so 4 is a good start. Keep them 'married' so they discharge and charge at roughly the same rate - makes it easier in the long run.

I ordered a Nitecore N4 which came with 4 batteries, I also bought 4 Samsung 25R batteries as well.

Well I got my Kit, total was 500 for everything, the tanks, juices and atomizers. Come to find out all I needed was the Snow Wolf and Tri Force Executive 30mm tank.

I've used the Herakles, the TFV4, Uwell Crown. However the Tri Force puts out huge clouds and I love the fact the tank holds like 10ml.

When I first got it, I spent 3.5 hours building and rebuilding it, the damn atomizer was leaking like waterfall after a few hits....Finally after some reading, someone mentioned the included Atomizers may be faulty...So I popped in one of the spare 8 I ordered and so far for the day it hasn't leaked, so I think I'm going to stick with it....

I set the Snow Wolf at about 56 watts while at work smoking with the cigarette buddies cause I get a long hit. When I'm in my room at I set it around 70 watts, only have to take a small puff and get huge hits.

Half the juices I tried out while trying to fix the leaking TriForce, decided I prefer a sweet type juice without any ice/menthol added.

Anyways that's my update for now :)

Vapin_4_Real

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Damn dude your first mod is a Snow Wolf. I am jealous as hell. I have all of those tanks with the exception of the Tri Force. I gotta say I am lovin my Crowns. I run 1 of them on a .25 coil and the other on a .5 and I didnt replace the first coil for 28 days and I run about 3 to 4 tanks a day thru em. I wish I could afford to splurge like that. So much shit I want lol. Glad to see you are off the stinkies and got some nice ass gear to do it with :shades:

VU Sponsors