Become a Patron!

new to vaping. help?

i just bought a VTC Mini yesterday & I got blue raspberry fruit roll up liquid. whenever I vape it burns the roof of my mouth & back of my throat really really bad. I'm not a smoker & ive never vaped before. please help?

ChrisL

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
i just bought a VTC Mini yesterday & I got blue raspberry fruit roll up liquid. whenever I vape it burns the roof of my mouth & back of my throat really really bad. I'm not a smoker & ive never vaped before. please help?
Im guessing your Nic level is too high.

misthub_rick

VU Vendor
VU Vendor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Vape Media
Nic level to high, non-primed coil, settings to high?

KnowOne

Member For 4 Years
I think it is one of the following reasons:

1. Burnt coil - you need to let the liquid seep into the wicking/coil for a min of 30 seconds before firing it up or it will burn & taste like shiznit. Also dont fire a coil when you run out of liquid in the tank.

2. The juice is super high PG.

3. Nicotine level is too high.

4. Your Wattage & Voltage settings need to be adjusted for your taste & the liquid in the tank.

VTC mini pushes 60 watts. If this is truely your first battery, thats kinda crazy to start off with. It took me over a year to start on a battery that powerful. I had to get used to the concepts of vaping to handle it honestly.

I would suggest start with eGo starter kit with variable voltage/variable wattage that uses disposable tanks. Its a starters kit because the only 2 things you have to remember is to not fire it when its brand new/dry AND not to fire it when its out of liquid. This would avoid all harshness/burnt taste. With the VTC theres 50 ways you can get to harsh taste. I would bet a million you would enjoy the eGo option much better right now.

Keep that badass oscar, the VTC for down the road & check out an eGo. It should run you $20 max & its easier to operate.

VU Sponsors