Become a Patron!

New to Vaping and wasting money

I have bought 3 ecigs and I have not been satisfied with either one. My first one was an egoT and I was constantly buying new tanks for it and every time liquid would leak. The second one I bought was and evod and I had the same issue with it that I did with the egoT. Now I have an evod mega. I get no flavor from the juices and sometime when I pull on it I get no vapors when I exhale. I have changed the coils on it and clean the tank. There is no leakage. What am I doing wrong? I am wanting something that will give me flavor with each pull as well as the hit like a cigarette. Any advice?

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Those type for the most part are what some would use in the beginning stages of vaping, There is a wide variety of Variable voltage mods now on the market along with newer better tank set ups, for ideas , I would do some reading up on mods like the kanger kits, Isticks, Etc. Aspire has some good step up tanks if you want to upgrade from an Evod, and tons of subtanks as well, Its all going to be what works for you. But gathering info will be the first thing you should do, many many threads here to get that as well. Welcome to VU:)

ermoon2

Member For 4 Years
I'm just a newb. I started with a ego c and had similar issues. I found the ego one was a great mid step. It's small, convenient, no fuss and can easily cater for a wide range of vaping preferences i.e. tight draws to lung hits and to sub ohming with ease. They're relatively cheap and reliable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RBVapes

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
To-date our most popular starter setup is any the 30W iStick and a Nautilus Mini. The Nautilus is rather long in the tooth these days but is still a great setup. The eGo one is a decent starter kit, but lacks variable power outputs. On the plus side, the included tank is pretty nice and a simple coil swap allows it to be used on Temp Control mods should you ever want to go that route.

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
A good starter kit makes the difference. I never had an Ego something. I started off with a ProVari 2.5 and three Kanger Protank 2, upgraded the airflow shortly after. However, now there are many good starter kits, better than in my days. You already have gotten some good options above. Another good starter is the Evic VTC Mini, which I'd take before the Evic VT. The VT has a build in battery, so when it fails, you need to buy a new mod. With the VTC Mini, you just buy a new battery.

kimber

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
To-date our most popular starter setup is any the 30W iStick and a Nautilus Mini. The Nautilus is rather long in the tooth these days but is still a great setup. The eGo one is a decent starter kit, but lacks variable power outputs. On the plus side, the included tank is pretty nice and a simple coil swap allows it to be used on Temp Control mods should you ever want to go that route.
Completely agree with this. I've recommended this exact setup to two people at work, both of them have had no analogs since they got them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ermoon2

Member For 4 Years

I have the Naughty mini and love it too. I just find the airflow a little restrictive and isn't as versatile as the Ego One. I suffer shinyitis! (Still cheaper than analogues)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ChrisL

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My vapor Store has the Innokin Endura T-18 starter set for $29.00. Comes in a bunch of colors and might be just what your looking for.

Cote-2006

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
Hello mzlady27! There is a bit of a learning curve with vaping but well worth learning. And, it can be fun - a hobby. Some excellent advice on here. Buying the equipment is the most expensive part. Once you get the device that satisfies your needs the rest is just enjoying different juices and saving money. I am so glad you are sticking it out and not giving up. I started with the Halo Triton and their juices. Good setup and juices. But, once I got my first variable wattage device (Innokin iTaste 134) and a Kanger Pro tank 2 my life changed. I had a great cheap tank and a device that allowed me to set the temperature (wattage) to my liking. Wow, what a difference. If I had to buy my first setup today I would acquire the Joyetech Evic VTC Mini. I use it's big brother the Joyetech Evic VT. The Evic TVC mini is about $75-$90 Cdn (shop around) but the kit comes with everything you need to vape: mod, tank, coils and charger cord. You just need to buy the batteries which are rechargeable and the kit comes with a charge cord so you can charge the batteries in the device. And, you can vape on it as it is charging. The kit comes with 1 nickel coil and 1 titanium coil. Used for sub ohm vaping. But you can get a pack of Kanthal coils if you want to vape at a cooler temperature (vape will taste cooler). This device can be set to vape all three kinds of coils. It is what I would recommend. The cheaper vaping kits are fine but you will out grow them. This kit will allow you to grow into it. It will do whatever you need and it is (I believe) a regulated mod - or 'idiot proof' which I think was designed for people like me. The price may be a bit high but cheaper than out growing various mods and leveling up. Best of luck.

vape me

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
Seems like vaping can be an expensive habit/hobby. Lurk here more (I'll have to as well) and get some tips on good equipment and ways to vape on a budget.

pescadore

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I was never satisfied with vaping until I started with my Kangertech SubBox Mini Kit. It's great and easy to use. I have two of them and my wife has taken both of them from me. Trust me if my wife can use it, anyone can. I love her but technology is not her thing. I don't think you would be at all disappointed. I have moved on to bigger and better things now but that's just a natural progression and not because I was unhappy with the KT.

Well, I'm a beginner, but i do research a lot. Been just 2 weeks now. You really need to watch videos and read a lot on forums. I only got an evic vtc mod, tfv4 mini and a velocity mini in my arsenal tho, lol. Dual clapton on my velocity, and it's chucking clouds and the flavor is spot on.

ChrisL

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks for the heads up Artemis. I was going to get a couple of these kits for some in-laws. Wish there was a way to know if Im getting them from the newer batch. They look like the new standard in starter kits.

dantefire

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Well, I'm a beginner, but i do research a lot. Been just 2 weeks now. You really need to watch videos and read a lot on forums. I only got an evic vtc mod, tfv4 mini and a velocity mini in my arsenal tho, lol. Dual clapton on my velocity, and it's chucking clouds and the flavor is spot on.

@Neunerball is right about your choice of recommendations in this case. If the OP is using high nic to quit smoking, that set up could be a tad dangerous.

I gotta assume you started vaping for the heck of it, and not as a substitute for smoking, right? No beginner who's attempting to quit smoking can possibly say the flavor of any juice is "spot on". At that stage in the game your taste buds are so burnt you don't even know what pizza really tastes likes...

VU Sponsors