Become a Patron!

New to this fourm

Hi everybody i been vaping since April 2015 loven every bit about but I have just a standard ego style battery it was good but i want to upgraded. So i was on eBay I came up on this device it called jomo bgo it a mod 40w ego battery sub ohm i want to know if any of you guys heard of it before do you recommend it for a beginner that's what to upgraded. I have a eBay gift it have 40 left the jomo bgo is 29.99 and 38.99 two different seller should i buy it.

Breazy_Com

Excellence In Service
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Don't know about that one, I'm sure someone here does. However Welcome !

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Welcome to VU! Sorry, but have no experience with the Jomo BGO.

nodor

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I took a look at it on ebay. They say its a 40 watt mechanical mod with pass thru.
kinda a oxymoron if you ask me. A mechanical doesn't have a watts limit it dumps voltage available from the battery. Current is controled by the resistance of the coil. I think I would avoid this if it was me. From an ego style I moved my wife to an istick 20. Difference is night and day according to her. Told her feel free to steal my istick 50 any time. I would recommend the 50 watt istick as a top choice to a newer vapor. It can cover a range from ego type vape to a flavor chaser or cloud chaser device so you can grow with it.

Thanks everyone. Nodor what about the istick eleaf 30w from fasttech because I did wanted the istick eleaf 30w in the first place i was going to buy it they have different one to choose from like they have one atlantis tank or one with the iclear 30 tank dual coil. Now would any of those will be a good setup. Now what is oxymoron, is it bad to not have voltage on watt device.

nodor

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks everyone. Nodor what about the istick eleaf 30w from fasttech because I did wanted the istick eleaf 30w in the first place i was going to buy it they have different one to choose from like they have one atlantis tank or one with the iclear 30 tank dual coil. Now would any of those will be a good setup. Now what is oxymoron, is it bad to not have voltage on watt device.

The istick 30 is pretty much the same as the 50 but double the battery life on the 50. For me I'd spend the extra.
"Now what is oxymoron" What I meant was a mechanical is basically a battery with a switch no control of voltage or wattage except by changing the coil you use.
An istick with an Atlantis compared to en ego is like 50 cc motor bike to a 500 cc street bike. IMHO

So that a good thing or bad thing. What about the istick eleaf 30w with iclear 30 tank. About the jomo bgo is that bad thing to have something that can't control voltage or wattage is changing the coil hard.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
You could consider the Sigelei 30 watt mini.

It uses standard 18650 batteries (so you can swap them out) an internal charger and perhaps an eGo one head as a topper.

nodor

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So that a good thing or bad thing. What about the istick eleaf 30w with iclear 30 tank. About the jomo bgo is that bad thing to have something that can't control voltage or wattage is changing the coil hard.

What is good or bad is really dependant on the user. What you want and how involved you are willing to get as far as moving up so to speak. I never owned an iclear tank but did have the 30S which is similar. It was a decent tank and fit my needs at the time. As far as changing voltage or wattage. That is another choice that you have to make. There is nothing wrong with a device like an ego with a charge and vape usage. I find however that being able to adjust the voltage or wattage allows me to fine tune my vaping experience to the type of juice I'm using or even the kinda hit I desire at a particular time. As to the hard to change a coil--- If you were using an ego device I assumed that you had changed coils every few weeks. Changing coils is very easy on any device I've seen. They usually just screw into place.

Ok thanks that clear everything up now i understand. I might decide on buying anway just because I got a eBay gift card I couldn't find anything else that I want to buy on ebay beside that so I'm going to get it later today it won't hurt to try something new.:cool:

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Welcome! Like everyone else, I've never heard of this setup you're suggesting - given that a handful of experienced and respected folks around here have weighed in with the same conclusion, I'd be extremely cautious (read: I wouldn't buy it).

I'm not an iStick fan, only because I seem to be one of the many who received a defective unit with loose electrical connections, bad threads, and other shortcomings. Some people like it, though.

@UncleRJ loves him some Sig 30 - I love my Sig 100 and would probably love me some Sig 30 if it delivered enough power for my toppers...if you're going to go sub-ohm on anything other than a Kanger Subtank, I'd keep looking, but for a last-gen clearo like an AeroTank or Nautilus (or the Subtank) it sounds like an absolute winner. I've heard good things about the Smowell 50 and 65 devices, may have to pick one up just to see what the hype is about, since the popular mid-level mods that initially appealed to me (iStick 50, Smok M80) have been getting lots of bad press lately.

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Also, pushing this over to regulated discussion, since that seems to be where the thread is going.

@ZapVapes900 - if you're looking for a mechanical device instead let me know and I'll move again to get your question in front of some mech heads...

VU Sponsors