Become a Patron!

New to Squonking. What do I need to buy?

spr258

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Ok,

So I just picked up a new squonker after the long wait from fastech. After just the first day I know I am in trouble. Absolutely love it and now I do not have to fill my tank after each break at work and should not have to even carry a bottle of juice for the day. I picked up a SVA mech squonk clone and Haku clone and both are great. I normally get a clone to see if I like a product before picking up a high quality one. Here is my question.

Besides all the normal items needed like wire, cotton, tools, and things needed for a RTA what items have you found that make life easier while using your sqounk? I have seen the bottles that screw in and fill your bottle without taking it off is it worth it? How long do the bottles last and how do you change flavors with it and clean it? What is the best replacement bottles? How do you clean your mod. This is important do to the fact my mod is a mech and want to be safe. Thanks in advice for the advice. Love the squonk life right now and the mod is smaller and lighter than my tube mech. I now know why this market is going to blow up.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Glad you like squonking...I have several mech squonks, but don't use them (like regulated squonkers). Someone will be along to answer your questions.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Besides all the normal items needed like wire, cotton, tools, and things needed for a RTA what items have you found that make life easier while using your sqounk? I have seen the bottles that screw in and fill your bottle without taking it off is it worth it? How long do the bottles last and how do you change flavors with it and clean it? What is the best replacement bottles? How do you clean your mod. This is important do to the fact my mod is a mech and want to be safe. Thanks in advice for the advice. Love the squonk life right now and the mod is smaller and lighter than my tube mech. I now know why this market is going to blow up.

Welcome to god's gift to vaping :wave:

The refill bottles are cool - they took awhile for me to get used to, but now that I'm using them, I highly recommend - be careful - some of them come without an insulator and will dead short your little mech if you accidentally fire it while filling. The Therion refill bottles are nice and insulated, but of course, more expensive

I'm not familiar with your mod, so can't comment on replacement bottles

Clean your squonker the same way you clean your tubes - weekly. I also squirt some vodka down the hole in the 510

spr258

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Glad you like squonking...I have several mech squonks, but don't use them (like regulated squonkers). Someone will be along to answer your questions.

Why do you like the regulated over the mech? First one I got and the only reason I got a mech is due to the simplicity of it. I have an alien mod and have heard horror stories about them. The reason I have gone to mech. Less likely it will break. But I did not really look into regulated squonkers.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
That's the thing about all types of vaping - its highly personalized - some prefer regulated, some prefer mechs

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Why do you like the regulated over the mech? First one I got and the only reason I got a mech is due to the simplicity of it. I have an alien mod and have heard horror stories about them. The reason I have gone to mech. Less likely it will break. But I did not really look into regulated squonkers.
Yep, Smok products are garbage, many folks have stated their hated for the Alien mod.

Most of mine are custom made DNA 200, DNA 75, DNA 40 Squonkers. I've never had any problems with the chips, but others have.

Rossum

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I have seen the bottles that screw in and fill your bottle without taking it off is it worth it?
Dunno; never really understood the point. It takes me maybe 30 seconds to refill the bottle in any of my squonkers and pop in a fresh battery at the same time.

Rossum

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Clean your squonker the same way you clean your tubes - weekly.
When I was younger, my tubes needed cleaning at least once a day! ;)

Oh wait...

How often a squonk mod needs to be cleaned depends much on how it's constructed and whether it leaks. None of mine leak.

Last edited:

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
When I was younger, my tubes needed cleaning at least once a day! ;)

Oh wait...

How often a squnk mod needs to be cleaned depends much on how it's constructed and whether it leaks. None of mine leak.

:giggle::devil::giggle:

Yeah, some do require almost hourly cleaning - I shoulda said "or more"

A lot of folks don't clean their mechs until they have problems, which is a very bad policy in my book:cloud:

Rossum

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
A lot of folks don't clean their mechs until they have problems, which is a very bad policy in my book:cloud:
I suppose once a week isn't a bad starting point, but eventually, you end up "in tune" with your equipment and know when it's not performing as it should. One of the reasons I've settled on the gear that I have is how little maintenance it requires. My most-used mod is approaching 3 weeks now without anything other than a daily fresh battery and bottle refill -- not even a wick! Yes, I run unflavored juice in that one. No, wait, I've "scrubbed" the silver contacts with a business card a couple of times too, but I don't count that because I can do it at any time, without any disassembly at all.

lucifah

Shinyitis Victim
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I have seen the bottles that screw in and fill your bottle without taking it off is it worth it? How long do the bottles last and how do you change flavors with it and clean it? What is the best replacement bottles?

I'm on the fence with regards to those refill bottles. Got one with my Therion BF (included, but can be purchased separately and aren't specific to the mod). So I can either remove the dripper, open the air vent of the small bottle, stick the refiller on top, squeeze, wipe excess off the 510... or open the mod, replace the bottle (or fill it up), wipe a few drops off the bottom of the mod and stick it back in. I guess you'd measure time and mess caused to determine a winner in this. :crazy: Matter of preference, I suppose. The usual Chinese sources sell slightly cheaper refill bottles for about $6.50, if that's your thing. But as Lucy said, you'd be playing with fire (the YFTK bottles have full metal 510's, no insulator). Or authentic Lost Vape bottles with insulator for just over $8 from the same place. (FT)

Can't say anything about longevity of the bottles. Haven't had them for long. But for cleaning, as always, the cheapest Vodka you can find will do, after the normal rinse/soap business.

spr258

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks guys and gals. I need to get some vodka this weekend. I think I will get the lost vape bottle from ft. I just don’t want to damage the small squonk bottle when I get some good ones. Some cost close to what I payed my my mod.

The mech has a mostel (spelled wrong) switch so it is not like my tube.

VU Sponsors