Become a Patron!

New to RDA, need some help.

Jmoore061373

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hey guys and gals, hope everyone is well! I just got my first RDA the other day, it's a mutation v3, I just went for cheap to learn with, lol. I got some coils and set it up... Much better than sub ohm tanks IMO. My question is this, what wattage should I be running? I have a regulated mod, reuleaux gen 3, and this dual coil build is reading 0.21 ohms, 3.83v, and around 18 amps at 70 watts.
I'm not that into clouds, I just want the best flavors. I see all these guys on YouTube and it seems like the second they got the button it starts popping, makes me think they have it really high.
I'm gonna either get the dead rabbit or recoil this weekend, so maybe that'll help but I was just wondering about wattage to run out at. Any help will be greatly appreciated by this vape rookie!

Raymcconn

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
If you like how it is vaping then 70W it is, Start low and work your way up until you find your Sweat spot. Me I stay between 52 - 58. Sometimes I am wild and hit 62 watts. It is all subjective so find what you like.

Jmoore061373

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
That's just it, it seems the best flavor comes around 90-100 watts. To me that seems crazy. Lol, I was vaping the cloud beast at those wattages!

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The correct wattage is the wattage that produces the vape you like.............. This is the same for all builds in all atties on all mods.

I have 4 RBAs running now...... one at .3ohm one at .5ohm, at 1.1ohm and .67ohm all use same VW setting 3 are SS wire and share TC settings. the .67 is a twisted kanthal coil.

I decide wattage mainly based on how often I want to change batteries and fill the tank or drip... I then chose my wire and build based on that wattage to give me the Vape I like with the juice I'm using.

Iliketurtles

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Its a balancing act between how you like the airflow and how thick you like the vape and how long you draw....common word here is how YOU like it so it's on you :p

Bardiel003

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
For me 8 look at by voltage. My sweet spot is where 4.5-5v but that's me. It's all subjective. Like others say here. Start your way from 70w and climb up. For my single coil rda that reads 0.4-0.5 ohms I would put it at low 40w. But for yours since it's reading 0.2 ohms somewhere 70-90w ish. But like I said climb and find it ^^ good luck

Jmoore061373

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
For me 8 look at by voltage. My sweet spot is where 4.5-5v but that's me. It's all subjective. Like others say here. Start your way from 70w and climb up. For my single coil rda that reads 0.4-0.5 ohms I would put it at low 40w. But for yours since it's reading 0.2 ohms somewhere 70-90w ish. But like I said climb and find it ^^ good luck

Bardiel003

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I just did a single cool, 8 wrap that's reading 0.56... it seems to be doing great at 45 watts. The voltage is around 5.07
If that's hoe you like it, awesome! Becareful to how high the voltage is. Each mod has a limit to it. Don't go near it for ex: if a mod max voltage is 8v, go lower peak at 6.5-7v reason why is don't want to heat up the device or else boom boom or burn lol! Eat atty has its own kinds of sweat spot based by: how you build your coils, how you wick it, depending by juices, and such. Coils is mainly the big step since you want much surface area of the cotton to produce the vapor for clouds & flavor ratio. Sorry for long nagging ^w^ how I am when explain things lol.

Jmoore061373

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
No brother, preach away!!! I'm very new to all this. Before it was put in a coil and go. When you say Max voltage I don't understand... Mine goes to 300.

DonBaldy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The beauty of an RDA is that if the coil/coils you have in there aren't vaping the way you would prefer then you can simply change the coil. Try different styles, metal types, and resistances (it may take a while) until you find what works for you.

Go nuts, Have fun!

Bardiel003

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
No brother, preach away!!! I'm very new to all this. Before it was put in a coil and go. When you say Max voltage I don't understand... Mine goes to 300.
Lol! What you control mainly is the wattage. The voltage is what discharges the battery to the device. You said it reads (3.7v) ish. At 70w. That would mean you'll be using 70w at a power rating of 3.7v lol adjust your wattage, and the voltage automatically adjusts how much power it be used off from the battery. For me I do engineering (car stuff) so I like to tinker this and that. Electrical is another level but getting into it to where I'm learning how to 3d print and use machinery to make my stuff lol.

VU Sponsors