Become a Patron!

New to DIY, looking for a solid ADV VC recipe

BuckFondue

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hey all, I am literally going through the first batch of my own juice right now. It's pretty decent, it's a GVC clone (or so they say in the intrawebz) but it's never gave me that GVC taste at all. I'm looking for a better recipe so throw em in here. Thanks.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I personally don't have one, but had to pop in to say, I love your avatar! Plenty of BIG VC fans here, so I'm sure many will share.

Bryan Miller

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Subscribed :).

There are two recipes that I want to nail and am diligently working toward: the perfect cheesecake and custard.

I have 2x 30ml of the 7-15% VC / 2% Dulce mixes steeped and ready to go. It's really quite dark tasting and almost bitter. I added 1% EM to both. I remember it being creamier. Would 1% EM kill the creaminess?

I've read that some add 2% TFA Brown Sugar to the mix. I still need to pick some of that up. You could add marshmallow 2-3% or Sweetener 1-2%.

BuckFondue

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
@Huckleberried thanks
@Bryan Miller the vc I'm vaping through now is I think 12%cap vc, 2%tfa ddl and I threw in 1.5%cap cake batter... it's decent, but lacks.
I've got 200ml steeping right now that are 13.5%cap vc, 2%tfa ddl and 2% bavarian cream... I was thinking about adding .5%cap butter to one and see how that does. Still waiting on some flavors to be delivered though.
I might separate it out and try a few different things: butter, marshmallow, and molasses and see how that goes... I'm going to order sweetener right now, thanks for reminding me.
as far as EM goes, (here goes the newb statement/question) it's crystalized and needs to be diluted, correct? how would I go about adding that in to juice already steeping?
I'll order some of that too

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
@Huckleberried thanks
@Bryan Miller the vc I'm vaping through now is I think 12%cap vc, 2%tfa ddl and I threw in 1.5%cap cake batter... it's decent, but lacks.
I've got 200ml steeping right now that are 13.5%cap vc, 2%tfa ddl and 2% bavarian cream... I was thinking about adding .5%cap butter to one and see how that does. Still waiting on some flavors to be delivered though.
I might separate it out and try a few different things: butter, marshmallow, and molasses and see how that goes... I'm going to order sweetener right now, thanks for reminding me.
as far as EM goes, (here goes the newb statement/question) it's crystalized and needs to be diluted, correct? how would I go about adding that in to juice already steeping?
I'll order some of that too

EM...

i use 10% em crystals (1/4 teaspoon) for a 30ml bottle along with:
10% vodka or 151 rum
and vg (due to pg allergy)

pop it in the micro for about 10 secs and shake the silly out of it..

if my crystals are not all dissolved, then i do it again for 5 secs..
(in glass)

then i bottle it up..
a note for em.. it can be used as a sweetener, it is used as cotton candy, and it can mute your juice if used in high percentages.

BuckFondue

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Is there something to sub for the alcohol? I'm allergic to alcohol... if I have any, I wind up shirtless, standing on tables with a lamp shade on my head singing Ethel Merman songs... that or a bad case of the handcuffs. ;0)

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
Is there something to sub for the alcohol? I'm allergic to alcohol... if I have any, I wind up shirtless, standing on tables with a lamp shade on my head singing Ethel Merman songs... that or a bad case of the handcuffs. ;0)

you could try skipping it, but given your description.. i got 5 dollars!! :D

it will take longer.. thats bout all.. personally, with the heat from the micro, it takes the alcohol away..
it is not noticeable, and helps with dissolving.

personal choices, that is what makes diy the best..

as for your custard.. you might want to think in more layers..

think what makes a real custard good.. take notes.. :)

BuckFondue

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
thanks guys... off to order some more stuff. either way, it's still .000000001% of what I've paid for juice thus far

Bryan Miller

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Good luck man :).

Come up with anything good? I have a few crazy good creamy mixes that I've been working on. Really starting to learn and develop my own thing now :)

BuckFondue

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
not really, every time I add something to the basic custard mix, I screw it up (probably add too much). It's a learning experience and at some point I'll get something great. Trial and Error my friend... the whole process is pretty awesome and there's a TON of amazing juice out there to make.
I think the main ingredient I'm missing is sweetener, which should be arriving along with a bunch of other flavoring today (I hope) and that will get me going in a better direction.

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Careful with the sweetener, 1 drop for 15ml is a lot, (to me anyway).
Lots of different flavorings add some sweetness too.
When used in small amounts they don't change the flavor much, usually:D.

I'm currently trying to break the custard code myself ive seen plenty of companies that offer a creamy custard my current blend is 20%cap vc .5% tfa ddl 2% tfa french vanilla dlx its not anything i would consider good but i have every cream flavor from fa and fw coming in the mail im thinking coconut cream would be a good idea as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tiny Yoda

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

Whew for a second there I thought someone hacked my acct or my life, then i saw you sing ethel merman songs for me its milli vanilli... ;):confused::cool:

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
I tend to shy away from em..
using too much does mute the juice in a long steep..
not to mention it tends to make coils crust faster..
there are other things out there to make better use of. :)

VU Sponsors