Become a Patron!

new to diy juice

JonnyBoy

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
If you want to true DIY, I'd recommend My Freedom Smokes for Nicotine base. A liter of VG diluted nicotine at 100mg will last you a LONG time. If you don't want to experiment with actually making the flavor, there's some places that sell their premixed flavoring. You can just add your preferred amount to your mix. I think Vixen Vapors sells DIY flavors. VG is cheap, just google it for places to buy. PG is much the same way. DEFINITELY download a mixing chart if you go full DIY. To avoid any nicotine measurement mistakes. Best of luck.

Ravi Brounstein

Herbal Dude
VU Donator
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
If you want to true DIY, I'd recommend My Freedom Smokes for Nicotine base. A liter of VG diluted nicotine at 100mg will last you a LONG time. If you don't want to experiment with actually making the flavor, there's some places that sell their premixed flavoring. You can just add your preferred amount to your mix. I think Vixen Vapors sells DIY flavors. VG is cheap, just google it for places to buy. PG is much the same way. DEFINITELY download a mixing chart if you go full DIY. To avoid any nicotine measurement mistakes. Best of luck.

While there are many other vendors that have the 100mg/mL nic MFS does a decent job for DIY supplies. I don't like their VG much though, I like organic water extraction VG.

EthelMaltol

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
While there are many other vendors that have the 100mg/mL nic MFS does a decent job for DIY supplies. I don't like their VG much though, I like organic water extraction VG.
Where do you find organic water extraction vg? Is is costly? I have been using Essential Depot and have been happy with them, but this sounds interesting. Do you know what it is sourced from, eg.. soy, coconut? Thanks!

Ravi Brounstein

Herbal Dude
VU Donator
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Where do you find organic water extraction vg? Is is costly? I have been using Essential Depot and have been happy with them, but this sounds interesting. Do you know what it is sourced from, eg.. soy, coconut? Thanks!

I like the stuff from mountain rose herbs here in Eugene Oregon.

I trust the person who does their lab testing, known him for 10+ years.

They are pioneers in herbs and GMP with herbs.

It's organic, non-GMO soy based. This was the only vendor that passed their independent testing regularly.

They keep their vendor COA and their own regular testing on file.

It doesn't cost much more than standard stuff.

Ravi Brounstein

Herbal Dude
VU Donator
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

Also I should note a large majority of VG does come from soy unless otherwise stated.

Ravi Brounstein

Herbal Dude
VU Donator
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I tried some of the organic Palm VG and just didn't like the flavor quite as much. :)

That was from glory bee.

Here in oregon we have a ton of health food companies

EthelMaltol

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thank you, I will check them out. I still have about half a quart left of the Essential Depot. It says kosher, food grade, non- gmo. I believe it said on Amazon that it was palm and/or coconut. A lot of people believe the soy has been accidentally cross pollinated with gmo's.

Sent from my BNTV600 using Tapatalk

Ravi Brounstein

Herbal Dude
VU Donator
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The interesting thing about GMO crops.

At this point the primary reason for GMO is to make it immune to roundup and other pesticides/herbicides. So if it is organic but somehow cross pollinated then at least you don't risk the same contaminants.

From a chemistry use (like making VG) as long as your process doesn't make harmful impurities and your raw materials don't have impurities (like roundup) that may affect the chemistry process there should be no risk of additional contamination from the genetic material.

The question you always run into: Is the organic really organic? Am I getting the purity I am paying for? Is someone testing every batch or just rubber stamping the COA?

I've definitely seen it be bad, so in the end I fell for the source I trust to do their own testing and asked a lot of questions of the person I know who is in charge of the lab.

If you're doing the tests on the final product before resale you'll catch the kinds of impurities that would be a concern.

I still ask for the documents every time of course :)

VU Sponsors