Become a Patron!

New to building...need help please!

I have been using the vamo v2 for about 2 months and wanted to try the rebuildables. My local store set me up with a zenith 1. they built the first coil and were not very helpful with teaching me the ways of it...i dont know what guage they used or what i should use. i am also having an issue with my mod displaying low ohms and 9.9 ohms. how do i go about fixing this.

M5amhan

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
dont know about your zenith or vamo problem but start with 28 gauge wire for a regulated device and use one of those blue mini screwdrivers to wrap around which is equlivalent to a 5/64th drill bit 10 wraps to start and adjust for ohm preference

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Depending on the area you might have a better shop that will show you how to build it, or at the very least youtube will have builds you can watch and learn from or even a local might have half a clue and get you a good build.
Shops like that need to called on the carpet for the bullshit artists that they are.

Ok the low res or no res or 9.99 ohms is a couple of things. Your 510 pin might be pushed down to far was a common issue with vamos, a simple o ring repair might be in order.
You might have a short in the atty or it is simply built to low for the vamo to fire it.

As for wire a good starting point is 28-32 ga. it is cheap and Temco is fast shipping on a-1 kanthal.
As for build I disliked my gennies with a mad passion but others love em.

M5amhan

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
you mean space between each wrap? thats up to you dont think it changes ohms much though, always have tight wraps whether you space them or not. less wraps = lower ohms, thinner (higher gauge) wire = higher ohms

ok. how about running dual coils? the store(if you could call it that) said it was not a good idea, due to my mod being adjustable. is that true?

M5amhan

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
they said that because it cuts your ohms in half and you need more power for that and lower ohm capacity your vamo doesnt have, you have to stay above 1.5 i believe could be wrong but you would need some 32g for that on dual coils

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
as they were telling me they were building a (parallel?) 2 coils wrapped together
wow what a bunch of ass jockeys. telling you on one hand not to do two coils but doing a parallel coil, talk about clueless since a parallel is a dual coil in one in essence.
you would need 32-34 ga to get the res high enough for the vamo to fire it and sounds like those shoptards won;t go over it with you since they have no fucking idea either but setting you up to fail.

It is shit like that, that pisses me off. It is a great way to set someone up for failure, and they know exactly enough to be dangerous to themselves and others.

M5amhan

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
wow what a bunch of ass jockeys. telling you on one hand not to do two coils but doing a parallel coil, talk about clueless since a parallel is a dual coil in one in essence.
you would need 32-34 ga to get the res high enough for the vamo to fire it and sounds like those shoptards won;t go over it with you since they have no fucking idea either but setting you up to fail.

It is shit like that, that pisses me off. It is a great way to set someone up for failure, and they know exactly enough to be dangerous to themselves and others.
agreed ive corrected so much "shop advice" its crazy. thats why im always on the lookout for ppl asking for advice

VU Sponsors