Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Discount Vapers is a great place to puchase from.

And the owner, Eric stands behind each and every sale!

Breazy_Com

Excellence In Service
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Those are cool. Nice to have a choice.

Haadkoe

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
At first glance I thought the first one posted was a graphic of blue sky with fluffy clouds all over it.

Then I realized it wasn't... And wondered why they hadn't thought of it first

Joshua Iles

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
there are also a ton of clone versions mostly of the 20 w that have funky designs, including those stupid sexual stick figures. These look classy and I'm sure they're authentic coming from a reputable shop. Looks good.

emsmom

Member For 4 Years
Not sure if this is a wrap or part of the material. I know there are some pipes on the market where this print (or similar) is part of the material. I should have mine by Monday and will post what this is.

emsmom

Member For 4 Years
It arrived! Love it! I am not sure though how they did this print. This doesn't appear to be a sticker, but I could be wrong. If it is a sticker, they somehow got it wrapped around the round edge inside the area that is by the black strip where the buttons and screen are. If this somehow is a sticker, it is the most perfectly applied sticker I have ever seen! Sorry I cannot be more helpful with this. Only way I think you could know for sure is by really picking at it with a pin and I don't want to destroy this. It is great looking and works like a charm! Was a bit worried about the new top piece, but it looks just fine. All my tanks are looking great on it and every thing is firing just perfectly. Am glad I got this one!

BLACKTOOTHGRIN

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Was the istick SEALED when you received it, or was it loose? Just wondering because both my 20w and 50w came in a sealed box. Im curious because I bought some similar wraps for both of mine that fit near perfect as well. The one that I put on my 50w fits just like what you posted,right up to the black edges of the display. Its so good, youd really have to look super close to tell its a wrap. Id hate to think a shop is applying wraps and trying to pass them off as special edition. And if that is the case, Id be very interested if they were trying to hide blemishes underneath the wrap. Im not saying this is what happened, it just peaks my interest, thats all.
Glad youre hapoy with it though, thats the most important thing!

emsmom

Member For 4 Years
Yes, the box was sealed. eLeaf is putting these out as their special edition iSticks and they are the ones who are either putting the wraps on or have had some special materials made for these. I have all of my isticks and most devices wrapped and have never seen a wrap that was this perfect. All the edges on the device are very slightly rounded and the print is on all these rounded edges where it would be impossible to reach. Would be impossible to do placing a wrap on your own. I am obsessive about my wraps, and I still couldn't get one this well placed, so my inclination is that this is the actual material of the device, not a wrap. I cannot swear to this though as I am not willing to trash the device to confirm it. Also the vendor who sold this is the most reputable guy ever and would never do anything like that! Take a look at the posts above, as this guy has one of the best reputations in the business and has been around for about 5 years.

Maverik_X

Deez Nutz
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Steer claer of any Istick 50 watts I hear those have some serious issue's maybe best to wait for the 100 watt istick or the Istick with temp control that they working on.

judgewiz

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have 2 of the istick 50 watts since they came out. I haven't had a single problem with them

Maverik_X

Deez Nutz
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have 2 of the istick 50 watts since they came out. I haven't had a single problem with them
yea I dunno just reddit is full of hate for them atleast thats what I have been reading. Autofiring, overcharging, Venting/Exploding, Catching Fire, Won't Charge etc just check it out for yourself. I'm not saying it's a bad device I just wouldn't buy it because of what everyone is saying. I have a istick 20w and love it. will wait for temp control one to buy another.

judgewiz

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I also think due to the success of the product that some clones are making there way in the system. Of course we all know that nobody would do something like that

rdsok

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You can only use what you read on the internet to get a general idea of the possible quality of a product... but without the specific details of each situation of a failure... you can't make a real call on it. It's impossible ( so far ) to find exact percentages of failures that are proven to be a defective unit instead of some type of damage that may have happened.

First.. reports of failures get "magnified" ... just a single failure will get reposted about numerous times. Next, you don't know for certain if that failure wasn't caused by other factors like dropping the device, exposing it to excessive heat or whatever other possible cause of damage.

Also you also need to know what percentage of devices are experiencing it... An high quality device is still likely to have a 1-2% failure rate ( which is a low percentage )... if only 100 are sold, chances are that just 1-2 failed due to being defective... I wouldn't expect the iSticks to be high quality at the price point they are at so I wouldn't get surprised at a more typical 4-5% failure rate nor would I be disappointed at that number, it's be about what I'd expect.

I'd expect that the iStick's sale numbers are at the least in the thousands and more likely tens of thousands by now... At the rate if we have a ( debatable ) 2% failure rate... we have 20 bad units for every thousand sold. If the story of each of those failures is repeated just 5x each ( I expect it's a much higher number or repeats actually )... you end up with a 100 different posts about failures per thousand units sold.

And we haven't even factored in clones/fakes with their possible failure rates yet into that picture

BLACKTOOTHGRIN

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yes, the box was sealed. eLeaf is putting these out as their special edition iSticks and they are the ones who are either putting the wraps on or have had some special materials made for these. I have all of my isticks and most devices wrapped and have never seen a wrap that was this perfect. All the edges on the device are very slightly rounded and the print is on all these rounded edges where it would be impossible to reach. Would be impossible to do placing a wrap on your own. I am obsessive about my wraps, and I still couldn't get one this well placed, so my inclination is that this is the actual material of the device, not a wrap. I cannot swear to this though as I am not willing to trash the device to confirm it. Also the vendor who sold this is the most reputable guy ever and would never do anything like that! Take a look at the posts above, as this guy has one of the best reputations in the business and has been around for about 5 years.

Thats cool.
Just wonderd because it fit so similar to what I put on mine.

BLACKTOOTHGRIN

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ive also read the horror stories about the 50w. I guess the pre-march batch are the most notorius for the problems due to a bad component inside. I actually own one from that bad batch and havent had any real issues with it other than the ohm reader fluxuating at + .01 every now and then. Hopefully thats all Ill every have...fingers crossed.

Otherwise....
I might not have fingers left to cross...
or a face....or a house....haha.
Scary huh?

judgewiz

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thank you Rdsok for your well written piece. I have to totally agree with your statements. One point you brought up was is usually only the negative aspects come out on the internet and they have a tendency to overshadow the good. I reminds me of the say that "one oh shit wipes out a 100 attaboys"

VU Sponsors