Become a Patron!

New Member and need help!

J P

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'll spare you the story and get right to it:
Sigelei 150TC fires no problem with BTDC .2 and doesn't fry my throat unless I push past 80W which is expected. But, I get 'low resistance' when trying the .5 BTDC that came with the arctic tank. I thought the Sig was capable of .1-3.0? I've cleaned the connections to check I'm not insane. What's the deal?

If you want to really make me happy, I could use an explanation on why my iStick 30W doesn't fire .2 OCC Kanger coils.

Thanks in advance!

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'll spare you the story and get right to it:
Sigelei 150TC fires no problem with BTDC .2 and doesn't fry my throat unless I push past 80W which is expected. But, I get 'low resistance' when trying the .5 BTDC that came with the arctic tank. I thought the Sig was capable of .1-3.0? I've cleaned the connections to check I'm not insane. What's the deal?

If you want to really make me happy, I could use an explanation on why my iStick 30W doesn't fire .2 OCC Kanger coils.

Thanks in advance!
Its because your 30w Istick will only fire down to .4 ohms.. Simple as that!
Welcome to VUF

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
^^what @Break-19 said
Welcome to VU.
It sounds like your 0.5 ohm coil is just a dud. It happens-not very often, but still. Its either that or the insulator between the 510 positive and threaded section is bad. More than likely its just a bad coil.

J P

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks for the quick and helpful replies everyone, even the coffee one made me laugh! I took a second look at the .5 that came with the Arctic tank and realized it's misshapen. It threads in a slightly angular way leaving the cylinder slightly tilted off axis. Perhaps the best of the coil isn't properly contacting the pin at the bottom of the airflow adapter. Sound right?

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Could be, hopefully you'll get it figured out soon! Good luck and Happy Thanksgiving!

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Dont have an arctic so I can't speak for certain, but, it sounds like that's the problem right there.

Happy turkey day bro!

Last edited:

J P

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm going to run to the local store to see if I can snag a better coil. Could anyone recommend a good combo for the sig 150TC? Sorry, I'm coming from an iStick 30 and am figuring things out as I go along. So far I'm pleased with the help I've gotten from you all. I'll be using this forum more!

Additionally, would anyone be able to tell me off the top of their head what the benefits of using joule mode are besides temp control and how it differs from watt or power mode? I'm looking for a simple answer if there is any(this mode makes it so you don't burn your throat and is smoother or this mode makes the coil heat up faster.) Thanks!

CgS_Drone

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Additionally, would anyone be able to tell me off the top of their head what the benefits of using joule mode are besides temp control and how it differs from watt or power mode? I'm looking for a simple answer if there is any(this mode makes it so you don't burn your throat and is smoother or this mode makes the coil heat up faster.) Thanks!

I looked up the arctic tank and the coils they are offering and I see the only coils they are offering for temp control are the .2 ohm nickel ni200 so make sure you don't get the kanthal one in there by mistake. Remember it's watts mode for Kanthal and and Joules for temp control (nickel coils in this case).

After that I really cant help you since I am getting two of my Sigelei's in today and will be trying regulated mod's for the first time. I have been reading around some on it but still have a lot to learn. I haven't used anything with a temp control mod or coils and still have to get some Ni wire to play with this stuff. There is always something to learn it seems.

ChrisL

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have been using the Ni200 coils in my Arctic tank on a Cloupor GT 80w at 480 Deg F, and it is working great. Good flavor and vapor production. I bet these coils in the Arctic would go great with that Sig 150tc.

J P

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Update: Many of the .2 coils I've been swapping in and out from Horizon simply don't last. I was careful; take out old coil, clean ports and connections, prime new coil, let soak, prime with more juice, reattach tank with juice in it and leave upright for 15 minutes, 'dry vape' 4-5 times without pressing the button to further prime the coil, start vaping at 20w, 30w, 40w, but after a couple dozen drags around 60-80w my vape tastes burnt, leaving a very unpleasant feeling in my throat followed by an audible HISSSSSSS from my tank/coil. I can't take drags at 80W for more than half a second before things go sideways. I've tried adjusting the airflow and seemed to only marginally affect the results I'm getting. I just picked up a Smok tank and am waiting on the TFQ4 coils. Hopefully these will go better. Am I doing anything wrong fellas? Ideas?

VU Sponsors