Become a Patron!

New here

gloopdegurp

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Hello everyone!

I switched from smoking to vaping back in 2014. I started with a cigalike, then a Rejuve kit, on to Spinners and Vivi Novas, then to regulated mods and a variety of tanks. I did a lot of browsing online in my early days, but kept up with things less often once I settled down with my current gear.

I thought about getting into rebuildables in my early days, but mods and tanks were evolving so quickly that I never did. I am now looking into this aspect of vaping again, as well as mixing.

Looking forward to reading and seeing what folks here like to use, build, mix and hopefully to learn some things along the way.

Thank you for having me here and sending out my best wishes to all of you,

Ron

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Welcome to VU! :cheers:

You'll find plenty of help and encouragement here when you dip your toes into the worlds of building your own coils and DIY. Check out the Builder's Corner and the DIY area here.

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Hello and welcome! Building and doing DIY mixing are both great hobbies (I do both) Sure, I still use "drop-in" coils but also build. I am totally into DIY mixing (once you get everything you need, it's really inexpensive and so fun) Just a heads up... get some nicotine for mixing your own juices (everything else is easy to get) Let us know your vaping style (MTL or DL... low power, med or high) and what nicotine strength you use (6 mg, 12 mg, ect)

gloopdegurp

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Thank you for the welcomes everyone!

I do DL more, but don't mind MTL.

I'm usually 40 - 50 watts with my Cerberus, Baby Beast, and Big Baby.
Also using a Nautilus 2S at 12.5 and recently busted out my old Triton 2 at around 30 watts.

I buy 6 mg usually, though 3 mg is fine. In my earlier days I was using 24 mg from the old glass dropper bottles! Spinner II and Vivi Novas back then.

I just ordered a few mixing supplies today, including nic. Might be here this week yet if there are no shipping issues.

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Good for you... you are going to really enjoy mixing your own juices. There is a learning curve but it gets easier as you go along. PM me if you would like specific suggestions for flavors I am in no way an expert, and I don't have that many flavors, but I have done extensive research on flavors. Can you give us a general idea of what you like (fruits, creams, bakeries, candy, tobaccos, ect)?

gloopdegurp

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Good for you... you are going to really enjoy mixing your own juices. There is a learning curve but it gets easier as you go along. PM me if you would like specific suggestions for flavors I am in no way an expert, and I don't have that many flavors, but I have done extensive research on flavors. Can you give us a general idea of what you like (fruits, creams, bakeries, candy, tobaccos, ect)?

Thank you!
In my earlier days I really liked Maestro by Birds Nest and Cuttwood Sugar Bear, though that seemed a little different after the name change. These are the ones that I liked best from that time. Found a formula for Sugar Bear and picked up those flavorings in my recent order.

For most of the last few years I was using house brand juices from a local shop, but they had to stop making their own. Mainly sort of a Trix cereal one, a coffee flavored, a sort of cinnamon bun, a berry sort of fruit one, and another was mainly vanilla.

Picking up a lot of new flavors lately, really liking Berrymilk Pie, and others in recent rotation are Sin Tax, OG Krunch, Why So Cereal, and Maple Butter.

So, I guess I'm all over the place except for any dominant tobacco flavor... for now. :D

EDIT: Jeepers, forgot Snickerdoodle Crunch as a recent fave! Hoarding a couple of those away for a bit in case that becomes hard to get.

Last edited:

gloopdegurp

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Glad you're aboard. Good crew here.
:wave:
Thank you!
I haven't really been sure where to jump in the conversations here so far, but I guess it's time for me to give a little update.

I only really started working on my doomsday stash about when I signed up here but I'm just about feeling comfortable that I can ride things out from here on if I have to.

Maybe just one or two more things...

I've also started building, mainly RTAs and a couple of drippers to test my mixes when they are ready. I have four mixes getting happy (hopefully!) right now.
Building my flavor stash as well, though I don't need to hurry as I have enough purchased juice for about a year yet. I do have my stash in over at ELR as well.

I guess that's enough rambling from me for now.

Thank you, everyone, and my best wishes to all!

gloopdegurp

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Like squonking with RDAS myself.
I never really figured I'd buy a squonker, but one shop had the Vandy Vape Pulse BF 80 watt mod for half off so I did grab that. No extra bottles around here though. I asked one shop that has done orders for me to look but they couldn't locate any yet.
I am pretty limited in my online ordering capability so might have to do with no extra bottles. Worse case I could just use it like a regular mod if one bottle doesn't last long. I haven't tried it yet other than to turn it on.

Hahaha, tmi

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I never really figured I'd buy a squonker, but one shop had the Vandy Vape Pulse BF 80 watt mod for half off so I did grab that. No extra bottles around here though. I asked one shop that has done orders for me to look but they couldn't locate any yet.
I am pretty limited in my online ordering capability so might have to do with no extra bottles. Worse case I could just use it like a regular mod if one bottle doesn't last long. I haven't tried it yet other than to turn it on.

Hahaha, tmi
Missed this one sorry, welcome!
The pulse 80 bottle is the best bottle I have ever used, imo. Never had one cross thread, split, leak...... I snatched up as many as I could, and use them in every mod they will fit. Should last you a verrry long time πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ˜Š

gloopdegurp

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Missed this one sorry, welcome!
The pulse 80 bottle is the best bottle I have ever used, imo. Never had one cross thread, split, leak...... I snatched up as many as I could, and use them in every mod they will fit. Should last you a verrry long time πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ˜Š
Whew, that's good to hear, thank you!
I only vape at home, so I'll probably never wear it out (unless I screw it up!!) since dripping isn't really a chore at home.
Plus I have plenty of RTAs now if I'm feeling too lazy to drip!

gloopdegurp

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Which RTAs?
Haha, here comes tmi again!
Zeus X
Arbiter 2
Arbiter Solo
Serpent (original) *
Serpent SMM *
Serpent Elevate *
Kensei
Ammit 25
Fat Rabbit
Fat Rabbit Solo *
Blotto
MD (Hellvape)
Kylin Mini
Dead Rabbit V2
Bellerophon
Aromamizer RDTA (V1) *
Serpent RDTA

* At least one build so far

Edit: Oh, I guess this qualifies as well - Baby Beast RBA *

Last edited:

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Whew, that's good to hear, thank you!
I only vape at home, so I'll probably never wear it out (unless I screw it up!!) since dripping isn't really a chore at home.
Plus I have plenty of RTAs now if I'm feeling too lazy to drip!
You should be just fine. About the only way to ruin it is cross thread it, and if that was possible I'm sure I would have done it by now 🀣

VU Sponsors