New from Ohio

galsvapetoo

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Who here is from Ohio? I am new to the Vaping world and I have been Vaping for about 2 months now as I quit smoking cigarettes. & I won't be looking back! I love Vaping so much I started a YouTube channel which is in progress but I'd really like the support from my fellow vapees

Much love ❤

Last edited:

Rin Vapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unfortunately I'm in Ohio... Lol. Near Cleveland.

(I sub'd to you on YT by the way, Rin Vapes)

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'm heading to OH the day after xmas for the first time to visit the gf's family.. should be an interesting trip to say the least (shooting guns is always a good time though)

Rin Vapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Jealous... I was promised by two different people that they would take me shooting.... Neither have came through. F'ers!
(I've only shot a bb gun.... that's sad)

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Jealous... I was promised by two different people that they would take me shooting.... Neither have came through. F'ers!
(I've only shot a bb gun.... that's sad)

I just moved to Maine and I work in NH and luckily tons of my friends have all sorts of arms and take me shooting.. It's a rush and really addicting - I will be getting a glock 40 as my first purchase sometime in 2015 and I can't wait.. I grew up in MA and its close to impossible to get a gun there plus really expensive.. NH/Maine you can just walk into a walmart with your ID and buy one.. its pretty surreal lol.

Rin Vapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I don't even know that I'm interested in owning one but I'd like to shoot one at least. I mean, to be even able to know how would be a good thing. I live in Cleveland for Christ's sake. Lol

BenJammin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Who here is from Ohio? I am new to the Vaping world and I have been Vaping for about 2 months now as I quit smoking cigarettes. & I won't be looking back! I love Vaping so much I started a YouTube channel which is in progress but I'd really like the support from my fellow vapees please subscribe comment leave me some feedback on what I could do next on a reviewhttps://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9YvdRDs6jw50xeT4jnT4cw

Much love ❤
Not from Ohio, but Indiana... Welcome to the VU and kudos on the YouTube channel! I can't visit it right now at work because YouTube is blocked, but if I remember when I get home I will certainly subscribe :)

Iamme

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I'm in Ohio, akron/canton area. Funny, I almost moved to Maine. I can't move, my son has some issues and we have one of the best schools in the state. They are actually giving him OP therapy at school and they work awesome. My oldest in is 2nd grade and they have him reading at a 5-6th grade level. So, I'm stuck here a while.

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'm in Ohio, akron/canton area. Funny, I almost moved to Maine. I can't move, my son has some issues and we have one of the best schools in the state. They are actually giving him OP therapy at school and they work awesome. My oldest in is 2nd grade and they have him reading at a 5-6th grade level. So, I'm stuck here a while.

Trust me - you dodged a bullet.. theres nothing to do here.. at all. I miss the city every day I'm here lol.

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
If anyone has even heard of it.. I will be traveling to Proctorville - My gf tells me its a shit hole (hence why she moved away as soon as she could) .. and you basically have to drive to WV to do ANYTHING since its such a small town with nothing in it..

it's like the southern most point of OH on the border of WV and KY

Iamme

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
There were some good bands from Ohio back when. Devo, rubber city rebels, I think the bizzaros were from Ohio. There was a club called the bank in down town Akron that gave a start to a lot of punk and new wave bands. They tore it down to build a baseball stadium. It was before my time, but my dad was there all the time. I was lucky. Most people my age grew up on pop music et... I was raised on everything from Sabbath, and zeppelin to the Ramones, sex pistols and Blondie and Devo. At one time Akron was a hell of a city, now it is shit.

Iamme

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Trust me - you dodged a bullet.. theres nothing to do here.. at all. I miss the city every day I'm here lol.

We were going to move to Brunswick. There is actually a lot to do there and it isn't far from The beach. Once you go higher than the middle of the state there is nothing or over towards NH.

My old lady grew up down south by wv. There is nothing anywhere all along the whole southern boarder of Ohio.

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
We were going to move to Brunswick. There is actually a lot to do there and it isn't far from The beach. Once you go higher than the middle of the state there is nothing or over towards NH.

My old lady grew up down south by wv. There is nothing anywhere all along the whole southern boarder of Ohio.

I exaggerated a little lol.. I grew up in and around Boston so I'm used to the city life .. Maine is a bit of a transition lol - it's not too bad in the summer but yea I agree the further north you get, the more isolated you are from society haha.

And she keeps telling me how bad its going to be and I'm probably going to hate it, but I'm staying positive - I like going anywhere I haven't been before and I've never really been to 'the south' before so I think it will be a cool experience either way :)

galsvapetoo

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
There really isn't anything here. I've lived every way because my dad's military and it doesn't matter I always get home sick and have to come back. I will never understand it. And thank you for all the welcomes. ❤

OB61887

Am I saying meow?
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Welcome.

Look on the bright side. Ohio gets to play Michigan for one of the best college football rivalries once a year. So that's a thing.

I hear you also have a hill.

Iamme

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Akron is a big city with nothing to do unless you like to eat overpriced food or go to bars and get drunk. We have a few neat things our art museum is great. The only psychology museum I know of is at Akron u. We have the inventers hall of fame if youre into that, I'm not. It isn't as bad as Cleveland, but the crime rate is off the charts. That is why I pay $200 more a month to live in the Suburbs :)

galsvapetoo

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I live in the country so I don't have to deal with all that. At least so far. We aren't far from the city so we can get to where we need to go. We go to Indiana because the man's grandparents live there in vevay and it's fun to shoot up there.

BenJammin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I live in the country so I don't have to deal with all that. At least so far. We aren't far from the city so we can get to where we need to go. We go to Indiana because the man's grandparents live there in vevay and it's fun to shoot up there.

Yeah I love it out here in the country... my house is surrounded by woods with a creek in it, then there's a swamp off to one side, and then miles of corn fields... I just love the privacy and peacefulness you get being out here... plus I can shoot guns and do basically whatever the fuck I wanna do! lol

Last edited:

Browncoat

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Vape Media
Akron is a big city with nothing to do unless you like to eat overpriced food or go to bars and get drunk. We have a few neat things our art museum is great. The only psychology museum I know of is at Akron u. We have the inventers hall of fame if youre into that, I'm not. It isn't as bad as Cleveland, but the crime rate is off the charts. That is why I pay $200 more a month to live in the Suburbs :)
I went to U of A for a year. Can confirm that Akron is pretty darn boring for a bigger city LOL! I was bored to death and transferred to a different school.

Go Zips!

Lefty

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Maumee, outside T-town up in The Great Black Swamp.

galsvapetoo

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thank you I am glad to be here ❤

Delion

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Welcome @galsvapetoo from down here in the southern areas Texas myself welcome to the underground

As for the shooting and stuff, have a friend who came down from Ct about went into shock when they walked into one of our local gun shows and bought a springfield xds bi-tone series without having to show id or fill out any paperwork

JXN

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm from Ohio. The town's known for hosting the Little Brown Jug harness race every year at our County fair. Thanks for helping the site to grow.

CJ

VU Webmaster
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
I'm in Southern Ohio, near the Ashland, KY and Huntington, WV borders. A little town called Ironton, OH

If anyone has even heard of it.. I will be traveling to Proctorville - My gf tells me its a shit hole (hence why she moved away as soon as she could) .. and you basically have to drive to WV to do ANYTHING since its such a small town with nothing in it..

I'm about 20 minutes North of Proctorville, it is quite a shit hole around here job and health wise it seems..

galsvapetoo

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Wow kinda said but I actually know where Ironton is. My brother was put in the boys home all the way out there because he was in some doo doo. It's a small world after all

skocha361

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Bout 15min south of Columbus. Came here from south TX. I'll check your channel out

CgS_Drone

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years

I know exactly where it is. I grew up about 20 miles from it in Kentucky.

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I know exactly where it is. I grew up about 20 miles from it in Kentucky.

It was an interesting trip to say the least lol.. I didn't realize the strip club to business ratio was so damn high!! HAHA i literally drove by a different one every couple miles.. but I must say the food is sooo much better.. and I got to shoot a lot of guns which is always a good time

other thing I found interesting was the amount of really nice houses, then the next neighborhood is trailers.. very diverse group of houses lol

OB61887

Am I saying meow?
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
So you excited about the college championship or are you not a proper Merican?

arilen

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Bout 15min south of Columbus. Came here from south TX. I'll check your channel out
I'm just the opposite, I was born and raised in Southeast Ohio ( near Athens, a small town named Rutland ) And I moved to Bryan ,TX is 2003

Iamme

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Why is it anytime I meet vapers from Ohio they are 2+ hours south of me?

galsvapetoo

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'm in Cincinnati I don't know where you are @lamme

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years