Become a Patron!

New excited member

Edgars

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hi, just wanted to talk about my experience and ask for some advice.
As a cigarette smoker for 4 years i wanted to change something in my life and found out about vaping comunity. I didn't know anything about vaping comunity since yesterday and didn;t even knew it exists and is so large. So i was searching the webs to look after vaping device and found one i liked, today i went to the store without thining a lot and got it. At first drag i felt disapointment, but after few more drags i started to like it and tought to myself, maybe there is something to it. So from now on i want to be a part of the vaping comunity and start to explore it more, i know there is a lot to explore. Got an apple juice with my cigarette, it has 10mg of nicotine but for my next juice i want something tasty and with zero nicotine, so maybe i can ask some advice from you for choosing a good tasty juice, because i don't know anything about juices and this first apple juice is my first one that i try.
Feeling confident and dedicated :)

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi Edgar and congrats on quitting the smokes, There are TONS of juice suppliers listed here , my advice would be to go to a couple sites and look into the descriptions of the different juices, the ones that sound good to you, I would try for samples of, because everyone's tastes are different, that way you won't spend a ton on juice you may not like or vape. Enjoy the forum and nice to meet you:)

JXN

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You have an addiction to nicotine. Going with a zero nicotine flavor is not the best idea. Follow Whisky's advice and find a place that offers samples and get the nicotine strength that stops any cravings for a smoke.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Congrats on quitting, Edgars, and welcome to VU! Glad you found us :)

We have lots of threads on ejuice flavors and makers, many of them you can have customized to your nicotine preference. I started out with higher nic, and am at 11mg currently.

Good luck to you!

RBVapes

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Interestingly, I have found for most of my customers the inclination to go high-nic is counter productive at first as it can cause them to cough and just give up. Most of my new customers I have start at 6-12 (you can always vape more) and then go up (if needed) once they're used to the sensation of vaping. I do agree with Huckleberried though that going from analogs to 0mg nic is not likely to to lead to success with the transition.

Edgars

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Interestingly, I have found for most of my customers the inclination to go high-nic is counter productive at first as it can cause them to cough and just give up. Most of my new customers I have start at 6-12 (you can always vape more) and then go up (if needed) once they're used to the sensation of vaping. I do agree with Huckleberried though that going from analogs to 0mg nic is not likely to to lead to success with the transition.

I'm okay with 10mg of nicotine now, but i think im more like chasing for the perfect taste, few years ago my first e-cig experience was with cheap cartridge cigarette and it was a total fail, and with that i kinda ruined my experience, but i hope it will get better for now on.
I wished that in my country the vaping comunity was as strong as in other countries, i watched some videos about those vaping cafes where they meet and share their vaping experience, it just looks awesome, i'd love to have something like that here.

RBVapes

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I wished that in my country the vaping comunity was as strong as in other countries, i watched some videos about those vaping cafes where they meet and share their vaping experience, it just looks awesome, i'd love to have something like that here.

Where are you located Edgars?

Edgars

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Where are you located Edgars?

I'm from Latvia, i did not even knew, since yesterday, that vaping went that far, all i knew about was those cigarette type looking thingys with cartridges that were absolutely horrible. Looking from the other side of the screen i just feel that everyone that have any deal with vaping is just so friendly and welcoming, feeling good to become a part of this kind of growing comunity.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hi Edgars, I think you mean Cartomizers, yea they are not that good, but a while back that's what was available. Take it slow and get a good starter kit, like a Joyetech Ego One, or a setup that is ok for your budget. Try some various flavors of juice, when I transitioned to vaping I used to use tobacco flavored ejuice. It helps the psychological cravings, and the nicotine helps the physical ones. Don't jump in and get a cloud blaster right off the bat, but ease into vaping to ensure you can stick with it and kick the cigarettes. Welcome to VU.

Woodsman

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi, just wanted to talk about my experience and ask for some advice.
As a cigarette smoker for 4 years i wanted to change something in my life and found out about vaping comunity. I didn't know anything about vaping comunity since yesterday and didn;t even knew it exists and is so large. So i was searching the webs to look after vaping device and found one i liked, today i went to the store without thining a lot and got it. At first drag i felt disapointment, but after few more drags i started to like it and tought to myself, maybe there is something to it. So from now on i want to be a part of the vaping comunity and start to explore it more, i know there is a lot to explore. Got an apple juice with my cigarette, it has 10mg of nicotine but for my next juice i want something tasty and with zero nicotine, so maybe i can ask some advice from you for choosing a good tasty juice, because i don't know anything about juices and this first apple juice is my first one that i try.
Feeling confident and dedicated :)
Lots and lots of choices...
Good luck finding your vape!!
If your vaping device works well enough, then figure out the PG/VG ratio that works best with it. Perhaps the apple juice is 50PG/50VG. Okay, so buy 50/50 juice. Beyond that, it's all about trying out different flavors.

Woodsman

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm from Latvia, i did not even knew, since yesterday, that vaping went that far, all i knew about was those cigarette type looking thingys with cartridges that were absolutely horrible. Looking from the other side of the screen i just feel that everyone that have any deal with vaping is just so friendly and welcoming, feeling good to become a part of this kind of growing comunity.
So, Edgars, how's the journey so far? I'd like to hear how much you smoked, and what type of vaping setup you're using now.

Edgars

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Edgars? Edgars?
Helloooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.....................................

Oh yeah, sorry for my long response, been busy lately, have lot of work to do, i am still vaping, getting used to new sensations, some cigarettes slipped here and there, but well its not that easy just to change to vaping, havent tried new juices, still doing the apple one, but will try some new juice soon. Looks like i brought a lot of attention with my post, thank you for that, it's good that everyone cares for each other. :) and i got an ego style device by the way, nothing too fancy

Woodsman

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oh yeah, sorry for my long response, been busy lately, have lot of work to do, i am still vaping, getting used to new sensations, some cigarettes slipped here and there, but well its not that easy just to change to vaping, havent tried new juices, still doing the apple one, but will try some new juice soon. Looks like i brought a lot of attention with my post, thank you for that, it's good that everyone cares for each other. :) and i got an ego style device by the way, nothing too fancy
Yeah, people do have lives to attend to. For myself, vaping is a process of transitioning away from cigarettes. Some people fall in love at first vape and never smoke another cigarette. I'm not one of those. When vaping becomes more desirable than smoking, then I will become a 100% Vaper. I'm getting closer to that day.
As for juices, I'm transitioning towards DIY. It's a lot easier than it sounds, especially if one vapes zero nicotine (not me). Then it's just a matter of buying some unflavored base and some DIY flavoring.

Edgars

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yeah, people do have lives to attend to. For myself, vaping is a process of transitioning away from cigarettes. Some people fall in love at first vape and never smoke another cigarette. I'm not one of those. When vaping becomes more desirable than smoking, then I will become a 100% Vaper. I'm getting closer to that day.
As for juices, I'm transitioning towards DIY. It's a lot easier than it sounds, especially if one vapes zero nicotine (not me). Then it's just a matter of buying some unflavored base and some DIY flavoring.

Yeah well i cant judge vaping yet with my first juice that i think is from the cheap end, thats why i have still need for cigarettes

Edgars

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
If you cut your cigarettes in half, and spend the savings on vaping stuff, then you'll break even.

Yeah i understand that but it difficult to give up on cigarretes, but i hope it will be easier when i buy qualitty juice

SomeTexan

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yeah i understand that but it difficult to give up on cigarretes, but i hope it will be easier when i buy qualitty juice
Once you find a juice you like, and you have decent equipment, you won't even like cigs anymore. I got really stressed about a week ago, and left my gear at home so I bummed a smoke off a friend. I was disgusted after just a couple puffs. It was my brand and everything.

Edgars

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Once you find a juice you like, and you have decent equipment, you won't even like cigs anymore. I got really stressed about a week ago, and left my gear at home so I bummed a smoke off a friend. I was disgusted after just a couple puffs. It was my brand and everything.

and another thing is, i dont know for how long to vape, when smoking the cigarette you smoke till its done, but its harder to understand when its enough vaping

SomeTexan

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
and another thing is, i dont know for how long to vape, when smoking the cigarette you smoke till its done, but its harder to understand when its enough vaping
Vape enough to take care of your craving. I have different nicotine levels in my juices. Weaker if I want to puff away, or stronger if I want to take a puff or 2 then do something. There is a learning curve to this, you need to learn what your body likes. And you have to teach yourself to reach for your mod instead of a cig. That was the hardest habit for me to break, but when I stopped keeping cigs right at hand, it was easier to just grab my iStick.

If the juice isn't easy to get, your best bet may be to buy 2 of the same flavor, one with zero nic, the other with the highest level offered. Mix them to adjust the nicotine level and see what works for you. Too much may make you sick, not enough won't take care of the cigarette cravings.

Edgars

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Vape enough to take care of your craving. I have different nicotine levels in my juices. Weaker if I want to puff away, or stronger if I want to take a puff or 2 then do something. There is a learning curve to this, you need to learn what your body likes. And you have to teach yourself to reach for your mod instead of a cig. That was the hardest habit for me to break, but when I stopped keeping cigs right at hand, it was easier to just grab my iStick.

If the juice isn't easy to get, your best bet may be to buy 2 of the same flavor, one with zero nic, the other with the highest level offered. Mix them to adjust the nicotine level and see what works for you. Too much may make you sick, not enough won't take care of the cigarette cravings.

will try that, and another thing is i am not yet comfortable of vaping in front of my smoking friends, when im by myself i vape and when im with friends i usually smoke cigarettes, but i once tried vaping right after i finished cigarette and the vape was a lot more tasty and statisfying

SomeTexan

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I don't care what anyone else thinks, so that hasn't been a problem for me. The flavor of the juice is what kept me from smoking. There are so many cool options, and they all taste better than cigs. I have 2 Nautilus, 1 Nautilus mini, a Smok Micro GDC and a Kanger SubTank mini and they all have different juice in them. Having a variety keeps me interested and not even wanting a cig.

Edgars

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I don't care what anyone else thinks, so that hasn't been a problem for me. The flavor of the juice is what kept me from smoking. There are so many cool options, and they all taste better than cigs. I have 2 Nautilus, 1 Nautilus mini, a Smok Micro GDC and a Kanger SubTank mini and they all have different juice in them. Having a variety keeps me interested and not even wanting a cig.

hopefuly this week i will buy a new juice, maybe later will do some DIY stuff but for now need to stick to store juices, there are a lot of juices available in the vape store, just need to choose randomly some i will like

SomeTexan

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
hopefuly this week i will buy a new juice, maybe later will do some DIY stuff but for now need to stick to store juices, there are a lot of juices available in the vape store, just need to choose randomly some i will like

Don't choose too randomly, you might get sick. Lol, there are some odd flavors out there.

Woodsman

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vaping is more fun than smoking, and it also requires some decisions and learning. Any caveman can smoke a cigarette. It requires brains to vape.

Woodsman

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You have a vape store...I do not. So you're way ahead of me!!
Seek advice from the vape store people who really know, and who want to share their knowledge...not those who just want to make a sale.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer

Do they have a tasting lounge? Most places I know of do. They have clearos filled with different liquids attached to eGo batteries and little plastic covers to put on the drip tips so you are not exchanging slobber with strangers.

Kent B Marshall

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
You'll find flavors you like.
IMO, wanting to quit smoking helps with this.
Vaping in front of your friends will become easier.
Nicotine strength needed isn't set in stone, use the level that satisfies your need of nicotine.

Edgars

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Do they have a tasting lounge? Most places I know of do. They have clearos filled with different liquids attached to eGo batteries and little plastic covers to put on the drip tips so you are not exchanging slobber with strangers.

wow that sounds amazing, nope we dont have tasting lounge, my vape stores are really small, wish we had that, it would make choosing juice a lot easier

Woodsman

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If one of your friends develops an interest in vaping, that will help. And if you become an expert on vaping, then you can help others who would like to try it.

Edgars

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
If one of your friends develops an interest in vaping, that will help. And if you become an expert on vaping, then you can help others who would like to try it.

is it ok to have bigger nicotine buzz than from normal cigarettes ? today i have been only vaping and everytime i vape i get a buzz, and with 10mg nicotine i get a good throat hit. on the bottle i says propylene glycol 64% glycerin 16% flavoring 20%, is it good or not good ? i think i can get a better taste with some other juice

Woodsman

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
is it ok to have bigger nicotine buzz than from normal cigarettes ? today i have been only vaping and everytime i vape i get a buzz, and with 10mg nicotine i get a good throat hit. on the bottle i says propylene glycol 64% glycerin 16% flavoring 20%, is it good or not good ? i think i can get a better taste with some other juice
10mg is a good choice for your equipment. If you get into sub ohm and RDAs, you'll want to drop to 3 mg because you'll be using more juice. I would guess you vape less than 3ml of juice in one day with the setup you have. Figure 10mg = 10 cigarettes. So if you vape 3ml @ 10mg/ml, that will equal 30 cigarettes. I've read that vaping takes in only half of the nicotine, so figure 15 cigarettes worth of nicotine.
64% PG is more throat hit and less cloud, but if it feels right, stick with it. 50/50 is the standard mix. More PG = more throat hit, more VG = more clouds. I use 90VG/10PG, but I've had to buy the gear to fit that mix. Better to stick around 50/50 so you can avoid buying more gear.

Edgars

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
10mg is a good choice for your equipment. If you get into sub ohm and RDAs, you'll want to drop to 3 mg because you'll be using more juice. I would guess you vape less than 3ml of juice in one day with the setup you have. Figure 10mg = 10 cigarettes. So if you vape 3ml @ 10mg/ml, that will equal 30 cigarettes. I've read that vaping takes in only half of the nicotine, so figure 15 cigarettes worth of nicotine.
64% PG is more throat hit and less cloud, but if it feels right, stick with it. 50/50 is the standard mix. More PG = more throat hit, more VG = more clouds. I use 90VG/10PG, but I've had to buy the gear to fit that mix. Better to stick around 50/50 so you can avoid buying more gear.

well the clearomizer tank is 1.6 ml, i dont even vape a full tank a day so, yesterday lasted me like only half a tank so 3ml a day would be lot a lot, i dont vape that much, i guess thats pretty good, since i bought the vape i hardly see any decrease in the juice bottle, i think it will last me a long time and i havent smoked a cigarette for 2 days now

Woodsman

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
well the clearomizer tank is 1.6 ml, i dont even vape a full tank a day so, yesterday lasted me like only half a tank so 3ml a day would be lot a lot, i dont vape that much, i guess thats pretty good, since i bought the vape i hardly see any decrease in the juice bottle, i think it will last me a long time and i havent smoked a cigarette for 2 days now
Sounds really good. Now, if you can avoid the trap of buying more and more gear, you can keep your life simple, and actually SAVE the money you would have spent on cigarettes! Some people can be happy with a basic setup like yours, and a few favorite juices. Some people, like me, have an obsessive compulsive need to buy more and more gear, which isn't saving any money.

Edgars

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Sounds really good. Now, if you can avoid the trap of buying more and more gear, you can keep your life simple, and actually SAVE the money you would have spent on cigarettes! Some people can be happy with a basic setup like yours, and a few favorite juices. Some people, like me, have an obsessive compulsive need to buy more and more gear, which isn't saving any money.

im not chasing for clouds and i dont think i will buy any mods in the nearest future, not planing that yet. all i want is something tasty, im looking now at peach juice that i will buy soon. and i can make decent clouds with my setup

Edgars

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

i smoked one cigarette today just to see how it feels and it was totaly abosultly disgusting, i had to take some vapes after that just to kill the taste, and instantly felt the cigarette smell, i think i will better stick to vaping, and its harder to breathe after smoking a cigarette

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Wake up in the middle of the night because you can't breathe. Voice says You have 2 minutes to live. I never smoked again. That\s incentive for me. Suffocation is a hard way to die. Don't feel good.

VU Sponsors