Become a Patron!

New builder here. Doge coils?

I'm picking up a smpl mod and Doge v2 and I'm trying to see what most of you guys use for this rda. I'm currently running an Arctic tank on a Ipv2s (.2 ohms 50-60w) and love it but I'm wanting to drip and make some clouds! I want a good mix of good flavor and clouds. I'm gonna get some Kanthal 28g and organic cotton to start off with. I love some warm vape and not too hot. I do like the .2 ohm coils in my Arctic over the .5...so I'm leaning more towards something .5 and under.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
You are better off getting 24 Gauge if you are running the Doge. 5 wraps around a 3mm mandrel is what I use per coil.

Make sure you pick up an Ohm meter, be safe...

martinelias

Silver Contributor
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Ohm reader is a must. I run 26g parallel sleeper build. Not sure how many wraps i did it a few weeks ago but its at .22ohm and hits like a champ. Ive also run quad twisted 26g was trying to do that knuckle build but didnt work so i wrapped 5 times single coil wss like .16 or something. I like dual coils more in the doge cause the single air option sucks imo.

i just looked on how to do a sleeper....that actually looks like it would hit good...rip trippers made his .32. imma try it out thanks guys!

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
I have to agree, 24-26 gauge would be the better choice. In addition, an Ohm reader is mandatory, not just to verify the resistance of the coil(s), but also to see if there's a short. Check out the following website, if you don't know it already. It provides useful information. In the coil build part, click on the "How it works" in the bottom left.
http://www.steam-engine.org

VU Sponsors