Become a Patron!

Nemesis clone hot button and shocking?

So I bought a nemesis clone off fast tech about a month ago. It's been working flawlessly up until an hour ago. So it started when I took my friend to vape shop and he ended up buying an authentic nemesis and a sub omh tank.
As we're leaving I decide to put my battery in his new mod and it lights for a second then immediatly heats up to when I can't even hold it and I disassemble it. I put my battery back in my mod and it works fine for about an hour. I run out of e liquid and put in some new and when I put it back together to hit it, I get shocked! The mod heats up and I disassemble it. I grab it 10 minutes later and try again and the same thing happens.
It's not together right now and I'm scared to kill myself lol. So I thought I'd seek help from experienced people before I try to "fix it" anymore.

Pancho_Brown

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Take your button apart and clean it out real well to make sure nothing is causing a short, and also look at your atomizer to make sure there are no shorts in it as well.

bondo

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Wait,whut?
Now two different batts are doing the same thing in two different mods?

Am I missing something?

bondo

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It's either dumbassery or you have two nemmies with identical machining flaws.
I can't say that I'm not drunk right now but I'd be scratching my head even if I wasnt. ..

Eric DeCastro

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Take your button apart and clean it out real well to make sure nothing is causing a short, and also look at your atomizer to make sure there are no shorts in it as well.
shorts don't cause heating of the device, it is actually the opposite. if there is something (foreign debris) in series with the path of current flow, that is causing resistance but lower than the resistance of your coil then that (foreign debris) will light up just like you coil and will burn you.

I too everything apart and cleaned it thanks for the help guys. I think it was my Addy
Forgot to mention I put my addy on my friends so that's why it happened on both of our mods.

Pancho_Brown

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
It would still be considered a short. But regardless of that a cleaning and inspection of the button and atomizer should help, and if the problem persist the batteries should be inspected to make sure the wrap on the negative side not shorting out on the mod it self

Eric DeCastro

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I too everything apart and cleaned it thanks for the help guys. I think it was my Addy
Forgot to mention I put my addy on my friends so that's why it happened on both of our mods.
that works in the same principal as the foreign debris in series with the current flow. if your atommizer is reading 0 ohms and the spring is carrying current then it will glow. so upgrade your switch spring. others have used magnets (me included) and others use a copper core coax cable and stripped the shielding off and made a coil with the center conductor.

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'd disassemble and clean everything, inspect the batteries in question for flaws in the wrapping or stuff stuck to the contacts, check their charge levels, and try again. What kind of batteries are we talking about?

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Never mind, it appears this has been addressed...make sure the contact pin protrudes a bit from the bottom of your atty's threads. Not as big a deal with a 510 pin mod like a Nemmy as a hybrid mod, but still something to keep an eye on.

bondo

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Seriously!
If your mech shocks or burns you,throw that summammabitch as far as you can and rethink your choice to vape.
regardless of who's at fault for the "he said this"stuff.
If you can't be bothered to watch a few vids to learn the basics then you shouldn't bother to begin with...

Its "clouds bro" dicks like you that are aiming the spotlight at the rest of us.

SomeTexan

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Seriously!
If your mech shocks or burns you,throw that summammabitch as far as you can and rethink your choice to vape.
regardless of who's at fault for the "he said this"stuff.
If you can't be bothered to watch a few vids to learn the basics then you shouldn't bother to begin with...

Its "clouds bro" dicks like you that are aiming the spotlight at the rest of us.

I agree with this guy. Do some research and find out if the advanced side of things is really for you. Can you be a perfectionist? Willing to learn and understand (and actually practice) battery safety? Learn and understand ohm's law? Are you mechanically inclined (to see or even feel potential problems before it becomes dangerous)? If you get an auto-fire, how will you react? Just stare at it? Throw the mod at your significant other? Or would you calmly but quickly get the batteries out? Would you even recognize what is happening. High power batteries can be dangerous as can playing with electricity. Do you really know what you are getting in to?

bondo

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I agree with this guy. Do some research and find out if the advanced side of things is really for you. Can you be a perfectionist? Willing to learn and understand (and actually practice) battery safety? Learn and understand ohm's law? Are you mechanically inclined (to see or even feel potential problems before it becomes dangerous)? If you get an auto-fire, how will you react? Just stare at it? Throw the mod at your significant other? Or would you calmly but quickly get the batteries out? Would you even recognize what is happening. High power batteries can be dangerous as can playing with electricity. Do you really know what you are getting in to?
Nope,he'd throw another atty at it to see if that one zapped him too.......

SomeTexan

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Nope,he'd throw another atty at it to see if that one zapped him too.......
Lmao, I was trying to be nice about it. Although that method doesn't always hammer the message home hard enough. These aren't toys, they need to be respected. Before I put an addy on a mod, I wipe them both down, check for leaks, inspect the threads, give them a good once over. Every time. Ive done stupid stuff with r/c vehicles, and seen batteries go bad fast. Not something I want to happen under my nose...

bondo

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Lmao, I was trying to be nice about it. Although that method doesn't always hammer the message home hard enough. These aren't toys, they need to be respected. Before I put an addy on a mod, I wipe them both down, check for leaks, inspect the threads, give them a good once over. Every time. Ive done stupid stuff with r/c vehicles, and seen batteries go bad fast. Not something I want to happen under my nose...
I started off nice....that has to count for something..

SomeTexan

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I started off nice....that has to count for something..
It does. Quite a bit. Still a lot nicer than what I wanted to say. My second post got one of the post whores all butt hurt, so I've been trying to be good for at least a couple more days.

bondo

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ya just have to have thick skin around here when you have that green tag.

Believe me man,I'm as anti social as they come and go out of my way to stay under the radar but I can't help myself when I try to help someone that can't help themselves.
after a few months on the boards, you try to be helpful but then you just get fed up with seeing the same idiocies over and over..

bondo

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Homer-simpson-chocking-bart-1.jpg

SomeTexan

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
It's the Internet, nothing anyone says or does bothers me a bit. And my skin is plenty thick. I'm a bit anti-social myself, although quit giving a shit about staying under the radar. It's way more fun to piss on the shoes of whoever is operating the radar and see what happens. Maybe that's why I didn't make 24 hours at ecf before I was banned?

The initiation here isn't bad at all. But, since I can and do use the search function, I haven't had to ask stupid questions and annoy people. On most forums, that is the best thing you can do to avoid being messed with.

bondo

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
shorts don't cause heating of the device, it is actually the opposite. if there is something (foreign debris) in series with the path of current flow, that is causing resistance but lower than the resistance of your coil then that (foreign debris) will light up just like you coil and will burn you.
that works in the same principal as the foreign debris in series with the current flow. if your atommizer is reading 0 ohms and the spring is carrying current then it will glow. so upgrade your switch spring. others have used magnets (me included) and others use a copper core coax cable and stripped the shielding off and made a coil with the center conductor.
You might want to go back and rethink all of that.
"Shorts don't cause heating of the device".
Really? A "short" is defined by the shortcut of conductivity between the negative and positive poles.
if the short is in the device then it will MOST DEFFINATLY get hot.
infact the source of the heat is the MOST likely spot for the short.
your coil(s) is infact a short circuit.
energy is finding the path to ground out in the least resistance.
if your button is getting hot then your button is becoming the "new coil" and it's showing you that your sub ohm coil is no longer the path of least resistance from + to -

Eric DeCastro

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You might want to go back and rethink all of that.
"Shorts don't cause heating of the device".
Really? A "short" is defined by the shortcut of conductivity between the negative and positive poles.
if the short is in the device then it will MOST DEFFINATLY get hot.
infact the source of the heat is the MOST likely spot for the short.
your coil(s) is infact a short circuit.
energy is finding the path to ground out in the least resistance.
if your button is getting hot then your button is becoming the "new coil" and it's showing you that your sub ohm coil is no longer the path of least resistance from + to -

ok you know it all. i guess the shorts in the two tubes connecting each other should always be getting hot.:rolleyes:

don't doubt me, I have been working in electronics for 19 years.

bondo

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ok you know it all. i guess the shorts in the two tubes connecting each other should always be getting hot.:rolleyes:

don't doubt me, I have been working in electronics for 19 years.
Congratulations but you do realize that a nemesis is a bottom fire right?
in regards to OP's question,you are 100% off base. It's 4:30am,I'm drunk as shit and I still figured that out on my onsie.
Your 19 years in the field don't mean shit if you don't know what a circle is and how it correlates to a circuit.

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

VU Sponsors