Become a Patron!

Need suggestions for a regulated box mod

Scuzzlebutt

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I don't know much about regulated box mods and what is out there on the market. I've played around with iPV2, iPV3, and a segeli but I know that some of these can be pretty high in price. I'm not against purchasing one of them but I just want to find something that is going to be really good for the price, preferably one that runs on dual batteries. Also, would like something that could at least do 50 watts maybe 100.

Nitrowolf72

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
+1 on that. I used a cana mod dna 30 for a few months. Then the new sigelei came out. Absolutely an awesome box mod all the way!

Sent from my LGL35G

Scuzzlebutt

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I did like the Sig 100 watts when I tried it. I did hear people have had problems with the 510 connection though. Wasn't sure if it's still an issue people have with it?

Last edited:

Nitrowolf72

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have the original before the 100w plus version came out. I've had no issues with it. It has the adjustable pin and with some of my attys and such I may have to turn it in or out a bit but nothing major. All in all a solid box mod imo.

Sent from my LGL35G

Scuzzlebutt

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I'm getting all mixed up lol. People in the vaping community in my area all say iPV and everyone on here says Segelei. SO CONFUSED LOL!o_O

rdsok

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It's simple but does take a little research to find what you want. Read or watch the reviews for the mods that seem to fit your needs... Personally I don't want a big two battery mod... for my needs they are too big and too heavy, but for someone with larger hands or perhaps that needs something to last longer than a single battery is capable of at their power settings they prefer... they may be the only ones that fit.

Certainly look at others opinions, but don't expect them to make the decision of what is right for your own needs.

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I'm getting all mixed up lol. People in the vaping community in my area all say iPV and everyone on here says Segelei. SO CONFUSED LOL!o_O
I own a Sig V2 100 watt. I do not own an IPV3 or know anyone here that does. I know a couple other people here that too, own the Sig.

Most others I know here are using reg. box mods under 50 watts, or unregulated box mods, in addition to the normal VV stick mods and mech mods.

From my personal experience and what others have said, the Sig is a solid and dependable mod. I don't know about the IPV3, so it may be just as good (or not). I rave about my Sig, because it is just THAT good of a workhorse for me. Solid, tough, and runs me all day. No complaints. I don't even have a problem with the adjustable 510 pin. Easy peasy.

Scuzzlebutt

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I own a Sig V2 100 watt. I do not own an IPV3 or know anyone here that does. I know a couple other people here that too, own the Sig.

Most others I know here are using reg. box mods under 50 watts, or unregulated box mods, in addition to the normal VV stick mods and mech mods.

From my personal experience and what others have said, the Sig is a solid and dependable mod. I don't know about the IPV3, so it may be just as good (or not). I rave about my Sig, because it is just THAT good of a workhorse for me. Solid, tough, and runs me all day. No complaints. I don't even have a problem with the adjustable 510 pin. Easy peasy.
So you've never had any issues with that 510 connection? I've watched Rip Trippers' review, and read some other stuff, and it seems that the 510 connection is the only flaw. I know it's not spring loaded and is reverse threaded.

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Nope. No issues at all. I am taking the atty off at LEAST twice a day. Maybe once a week having to adjust the pin a half turn. Always good contact, never reefed an atty down and screwed up a pin yet. Using the same pin (looks new) for two months, and don't expect to need to change it for a LONG time.

The key is just don't reef down your atty. Snug, not hulk tight.

chickenmonkey

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have the ipv2 and have had the sig plus for just over a week. The sigelei is by far the superior. No screws to mess with, spring loaded 510 connection, if you spring a leak liquid doesn't get into the battery compartment. It is solid. Found it for $89.00 shipped on ebay. Very fast.

Scuzzlebutt

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Nope. No issues at all. I am taking the atty off at LEAST twice a day. Maybe once a week having to adjust the pin a half turn. Always good contact, never reefed an atty down and screwed up a pin yet. Using the same pin (looks new) for two months, and don't expect to need to change it for a LONG time.

The key is just don't reef down your atty. Snug, not hulk tight.
That's really good to know man. You're definitely helping me make up my mind. The prices for those new iPV3's are outrageous!!! $120-150! I came across a Segelei 150 watt for a good price. Do you know much about them? I'm sure if your 100 watt has worked great for you then I'm sure the 150 watt is probably the same..

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
That's really good to know man. You're definitely helping me make up my mind. The prices for those new iPV3's are outrageous!!! $120-150! I came across a Segelei 150 watt for a good price. Do you know much about them? I'm sure if your 100 watt has worked great for you then I'm sure the 150 watt is probably the same..
Not really looked at the 150 watt sig yet. Not really looking to either. I'm quite happy with mine for now. Were I to buy a 150 watt though I'd buy the sig based on my happiness with mine now. Segelei has my confidence.

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The ipv2 and ipv2s are not that expensive.
If you want to go cheeper you can get a 50W box mod like h-ana 50 or icig v9 for 50$+ at fasttech, But i wouldn't recommend those.

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The sig 100 plus does have a spring loaded pin. Non plus versions don't. The plus also has 8 door magnets with no screw holes. A silicone sleeve is also available. They seemed to correct the minor issues folks were having in the earlier models by making the changes with the plus.

KeepItSimpleStupid

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Go to Vapordna.com, and under devices go to project sub ohm creations, IDK how it linked to a baseball hat cause when I click on it...it goes to where I meant for it to go lol

KeepItSimpleStupid

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Whattttt? there should be a sigelie 100 watt IPV3's and shit that Project sub Ohm put their name on

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Those links work, but you can't get there starting from the home page because all that stuff is out of stock.

Kizzer49

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I vote the 100 watt plus or sig 150watt. I plan on picking up one of those when I get a chance. I also been eyeing the istick 50watt. I find it a nice mod for the price!

VU Sponsors